Persona 5

Yeah but you are limited to how many you can take with you and I'm always maxing that limit

Cause you also wanna carry personas to max social links too...

Gotcha. I do like that in P5 you only have to have the Persona in your rotation to get the Confidant bonus. In past games you had to have them equipped, and if you got a sudden call to hang out on off days, you didn't have a chance to equip them prior to the encounter and would lose out on the bonus points for the Social Link.

sorry to hear that man. i learned from the other persona games to do the dungeons ASAP and the use the remainder before the deadline to max social links. the characters message you everyday to rush you on doing it, but its very easy to plan to do the boss on the last day and then find out about the calling card

the games really to exploit for the first 2 dungeons by hitting weaknesses, but later opponents stop having weaknesses and you just have to guess which elements they arent immune/resistant to

Ya I raged back on the horse now tho got to the first mini boss on my first dungeon play thru gonna level up to 6 get a few more personas then finish it just such bullshit I lost tons of progress but it's way easier second time around just need to grind a bit then I'll be golden. Where do u get sp things at the beginning too?

Ya I raged back on the horse now tho got to the first mini boss on my first dungeon play thru gonna level up to 6 get a few more personas then finish it just such bullshit I lost tons of progress but it's way easier second time around just need to grind a bit then I'll be golden. Where do u get sp things at the beginning too?

there are a few SP things you can get from vending machines but they are very few and far between, and sojiro's social link lets you spend nights making coffee which replenish SP, i think you also get proficiency by making them, so you may want to consider spending a night or two

really though, SP management is how they try to make you use more days on the dungeon. it becomes a lot easier once you get death to level 5 tho

im on a dungeon where every enemy is either resistant to phys/gun or completely reflects physical damage, so you have to use only magic and some of them change weaknesses every fight so you cant just auto hit weakness. if i didnt have the SP adhesive i would have to spend like 10 days on it at least.

even then i use more SP each turn than i regenerate so i occasionally have to do a battle where i just get it down to one opponent and just defend every turn, hoping to regen SP before they wipe me out (status ailments become a bitch)

You can get a few from the vending machine in the courtyard at school and a few more from the vending machine by the bath house, but they sell out and are pretty limited. I found like 5 to buy prior to the first dungeon and only give back 5 SP.

I spent close to three extra hours in the fourth palace just grinding for cash.

Those SP3 adhesives are great.

Finished up the first palace after starting over once I made it about 2/3 of the way through and was completely out of SP and bullets. Was still able level up a few times, grab some Persona, and clear in infiltration path to the Kamoshida's Heart in 1 day. Going to deliver the Calling Card and should be able to steal his Heart by 4/22 and leave me some time for Confidant building before the next event starts.

I spent close to three extra hours in the fourth palace just grinding for cash.

Those SP3 adhesives are great.

when you get sun to level 2, grinding for cash gets very easy

it allows you to repeat the "give me some money" question during a hold up. after they give you cash, you can ask again 2-3x (sometimes 4) in a single hold up. there seems to be a 50% chance after each time. if it fails though, the fight continues and sometimes the enemy will summon more personas to fight you

ive gotten like 30k cash in a single fight in the 3rd dungeon. with an enemy that was weak to bullets, so rather than kill it, i just kept forcing hold ups

Finally had a day off to put a solid 10 hours in. Started and completed the 3rd palace, ended today at the study session at LeBlanc for test week.

Currently at 47 hours and still loving it.

Yeah but you are limited to how many you can take with you and I'm always maxing that limit

Cause you also wanna carry personas to max social links too...

Don't need to carry. . . Judgement, Strength, Fool, Justice, Magician, Moon and Sun iirc. Either story progression or not affected by Arcana bonus. Might have one wrong.

Still, I run into the same problem.

I havent played any of the old games would I be able to pick this up easily?

I havent played any of the old games would I be able to pick this up easily?

Yeah, they are independent from the other titles. Past games have made references to previous titles or had small cameos, but nothing that would effect what is happening in P5.

I said it in a previous post, but if you pick it up Persona games tend to have a pretty long intro sequence where they introduce key characters and why things are going down. Once you get past that you gain control of the team it becomes A LOT more enjoyable.

im mid october and i dont know if im going to be able to max all the confidants, its going to be tight

the game springs some of them on you very late with high social stat requirements

I've run in to the same problem.

I guess I'll just park the hermit confidant (didn't have the kindess to deal with her and she has been stuck at lvl 1 until Oct) and use that time to finish leveling my stats/other confidants.

Man, you guys are cruising, I'm pretty jealous. I've only completed the first palace, sitting on 5/4 after having the celebration and giving my team an official name.

Finally got to spend some quality time with P5 over the weekend, and I am IN LOVE. Such a fun game, although it can be brutal at times. I learned the hard way in the first Palace that if your main character falls in battle it's all over. I'm used to game over being if the entire party falls in most JRPGs so it caught me off guard.

Speaking of, is the entire first Palace line supposed to be a tutorial of sorts? I notice that I can't control what happens most parts of the day. Like it'll randomly let me read on the subway (which I hear is important for raising stats) and answer questions in class, but not every day. Then it'll cut from early morning to after school without me getting any input. It's my first Persona game so I'm just getting the hang of this time management system. Also have some questions that I'd like input on from some of you who've progressed a lot farther than me. I'll put em in spoilers just in case:

- When and where am I supposed to find the Temperance confidant? I read that it's a good one to level up ASAP because it lets you do more activities after school at a certain level. I'm still trying to finish Kamoshida's Palace so I dunno if I can even get it at this point.

-Which other confidants should I be raising? At the moment I can only find Ryuji and Sojiro as well as the Punk girl Doctor. Haven't seen Ann anywhere yet. I tried doing the event for the Doctor but it says my guts aren't high enough and I don't know how to raise them. Do I pretty much have to finish up the first Palace before most of these are available to me?

-How long does it take to raise your stats? I notice 2 of the part time jobs I have available need me to raise my stats. I've done quite a bit to raise my knowledge by now, but every time it keeps telling me it increased, yet the star point on the stats page doesn't even go up. I read that reading on the subway is a good way to help raise stats because it doesn't use any time, yet I can't seem to get it consistently when my days start. Need some tips for stat raising. Also how do I raise Igor's confidant rank? By fusing Personas? I want his level 3 perk because 6 Persona slots are just not enough

- Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. This is my first Persona runthrough and I don't plan on getting 100% but I'd like to maximize my first run. Hopefully there is a NG+ in this game.

Finally got to spend some quality time with P5 over the weekend, and I am IN LOVE. Such a fun game, although it can be brutal at times. I learned the hard way in the first Palace that if your main character falls in battle it's all over. I'm used to game over being if the entire party falls in most JRPGs so it caught me off guard.

Speaking of, is the entire first Palace line supposed to be a tutorial of sorts? I notice that I can't control what happens most parts of the day. Like it'll randomly let me read on the subway (which I hear is important for raising stats) and answer questions in class, but not every day. Then it'll cut from early morning to after school without me getting any input. It's my first Persona game so I'm just getting the hang of this time management system. Also have some questions that I'd like input on from some of you who've progressed a lot farther than me. I'll put em in spoilers just in case:

- When and where am I supposed to find the Temperance confidant? I read that it's a good one to level up ASAP because it lets you do more activities after school at a certain level. I'm still trying to finish Kamoshida's Palace so I dunno if I can even get it at this point.

-Which other confidants should I be raising? At the moment I can only find Ryuji and Sojiro as well as the Punk girl Doctor. Haven't seen Ann anywhere yet. I tried doing the event for the Doctor but it says my guts aren't high enough and I don't know how to raise them. Do I pretty much have to finish up the first Palace before most of these are available to me?

-How long does it take to raise your stats? I notice 2 of the part time jobs I have available need me to raise my stats. I've done quite a bit to raise my knowledge by now, but every time it keeps telling me it increased, yet the star point on the stats page doesn't even go up. I read that reading on the subway is a good way to help raise stats because it doesn't use any time, yet I can't seem to get it consistently when my days start. Need some tips for stat raising. Also how do I raise Igor's confidant rank? By fusing Personas? I want his level 3 perk because 6 Persona slots are just not enough

- Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. This is my first Persona runthrough and I don't plan on getting 100% but I'd like to maximize my first run. Hopefully there is a NG+ in this game.

- Temperance comes along automatically; I can't remember the exact date, but it's between the second palace and the third. Start leveling your Guts now because you will need it to start this confidant.

- The Back Alley Doctor is definitely a good confidant to raise because she sells SP-regenerating accessories at Level 5 if I'm not mistaken. My personal favorites to raise are Moon (extra battle XP) and Sun (mostly for raising Charm).

- I can't say I counted my points, but I think it might be around 10 or 12 points (the little music notes that pop up out of your head) before you level up a stat. Reading on the subway is great, but it takes two occurrences to finish a book and it's completely random when you'll be able to read on the subway. Igor's confidant rank pretty much goes up with the story, at least as far as I can tell (I'm about to start the 5th palace).

- On days when there's no confidants to rank up, use it to boost your stats. Here's a quick rundown of my favorite methods:
Charm: Baths on Mondays and Thursdays, easy 3 point gain. Spending time with the Sun confidant also raises this 3 points a few times.
Knowledge: Diner, costs 500 yen, but it will raise your Knowledge at least 2 points on a regular day and 3 points on a rainy day. In addition, you'll also gain 1 point depending on what you order at the diner.
Guts: Big Bang Burger challenge (only available at night). Order Coffee at the diner when studying, read the Ghost and Pirate book on subway. Also spending time with the Doctor will raise guts
Kindness: Give the plant in your room nutrients (3 points for the most expensive nutrient) or work at the flower shop.
Proficiency: Make lockpicks lol, easiest way.

The game really opens up after the first palace, so don't worry if it looks like you're missing a lot.

- Temperance comes along automatically; I can't remember the exact date, but it's between the second palace and the third. Start leveling your Guts now because you will need it to start this confidant.

- The Back Alley Doctor is definitely a good confidant to raise because she sells SP-regenerating accessories at Level 5 if I'm not mistaken. My personal favorites to raise are Moon (extra battle XP) and Sun (mostly for raising Charm).

- I can't say I counted my points, but I think it might be around 10 or 12 points (the little music notes that pop up out of your head) before you level up a stat. Reading on the subway is great, but it takes two occurrences to finish a book and it's completely random when you'll be able to read on the subway. Igor's confidant rank pretty much goes up with the story, at least as far as I can tell (I'm about to start the 5th palace).

- On days when there's no confidants to rank up, use it to boost your stats. Here's a quick rundown of my favorite methods:
Charm: Baths on Mondays and Thursdays, easy 3 point gain. Spending time with the Sun confidant also raises this 3 points a few times.
Knowledge: Diner, costs 500 yen, but it will raise your Knowledge at least 2 points on a regular day and 3 points on a rainy day. In addition, you'll also gain 1 point depending on what you order at the diner.
Guts: Big Bang Burger challenge (only available at night). Order Coffee at the diner when studying, read the Ghost and Pirate book on subway. Also spending time with the Doctor will raise guts
Kindness: Give the plant in your room nutrients (3 points for the most expensive nutrient) or work at the flower shop.
Proficiency: Make lockpicks lol, easiest way.

The game really opens up after the first palace, so don't worry if it looks like you're missing a lot.

Thanks for the quick answer! Added a few more detailed questions for your answers

Who are the Sun and Moon confidants? Haven't seen those yet. Are they ones I unlock through part time jobs or something? Also where do I get plant nutrients for the plant, I read I can water it every 16 days or so. Finally, how does spending time with the Doctor raise guts? Do I have to buy medicine from her? Because the game keeps telling me I need higher guts to try the strong medicine.

Thanks for the quick answer! Added a few more detailed questions for your answers

Who are the Sun and Moon confidants? Haven't seen those yet. Are they ones I unlock through part time jobs or something? Also where do I get plant nutrients for the plant, I read I can water it every 16 days or so. Finally, how does spending time with the Doctor raise guts? Do I have to buy medicine from her? Because the game keeps telling me I need higher guts to try the strong medicine.

The Sun confidant is the politician standing in Station Square in Shibuya. I'm not sure if he's available at your current point, but check Station Square and see if there's a guy there giving speeches.

The Moon confidant is one of the volleyball players that Kamoshida abuses (the beat up, bandaged kid). He'll become available after you finish the first palace.

You can buy plant nutrients from the store at the very end of Central Street (near the movie theater). I think the flower shop at the Underground Mall also sells some. The more expensive nutrients won't be available to you right now, but they will be once you unlock the Shinjuku location.

At the early stages of getting to know the Doctor, she'll test her medicines on you and this will raise your guts. And yeah, you'll need to have Level 2 Guts before you can go beyond the first clinical trial. For this I suggest buying the pirate book from Central Street and reading it whenever you get the chance. Alternatively, you can go to the Diner and order Coffee to study (might take a while though, since you only get one point of Guts).

The Sun confidant is the politician standing in Station Square in Shibuya. I'm not sure if he's available at your current point, but check Station Square and see if there's a guy there giving speeches.

The Moon confidant is one of the volleyball players that Kamoshida abuses (the beat up, bandaged kid). He'll become available after you finish the first palace.

You can buy plant nutrients from the store at the very end of Central Street (near the movie theater). I think the flower shop at the Underground Mall also sells some. The more expensive nutrients won't be available to you right now, but they will be once you unlock the Shinjuku location.

At the early stages of getting to know the Doctor, she'll test her medicines on you and this will raise your guts. And yeah, you'll need to have Level 2 Guts before you can go beyond the first clinical trial. For this I suggest buying the pirate book from Central Street and reading it whenever you get the chance. Alternatively, you can go to the Diner and order Coffee to study (might take a while though, since you only get one point of Guts).

Ah ok now it makes sense. I've talked to the politician a couple times but I can't go to Shibuya at night yet so I haven't been able to follow up on that. Will make a note of it. Same with the wimpy student after I finish Kamoshida's Castle. Thanks again!

all persona games are like that where there are many days you dont have control over. its frustrating and i want to murder the shit out of that cat everytime he tells me to go to sleep

but the game opens up a lot more later, in terms of free time and areas you can go to

as for your questions
the game gives you the temperance confidant, its a scene where ryuji and another character want to try something with the phone

level guts for doc asap, two ways to increase it is going to the burger place in shibuya or the diner which is across the street, one of the coffee options raises guts. do it as soon as possible with any free time you have

there are different point requirements for different stats

ParameterRank 2Rank 3Rank 4Rank 5
Knowledge 20 47 72 105
Courage 6 16 31 64
Handiness 8 21 38 55
Kindness 9 28 56 82
Charisma 4 32 56 79

i have every stat at 5 except guts which has the biggest jump from rank 4-5, but i need 5 guts to finish hanged man and ryuji

everyone else is either at rank 10 or at 7-8, except for the ones that they give you very late game

Back