PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) Official Discussion, v8: Thieves and Hunters and Wombats! No Mans Sky!

Published a few hours ago:

(NB fiscal year 2018 ended 31 March 2019)

Sony announced lifetime shipment figures for the PlayStation 4 have hit 96.8 million units as of March 31, [2019]. The figure was revealed in Sony's earning report for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2018.

2.6 million PlayStation 4 consoles were shipped during the quarter. That is up by 0.1 million during the same period a year ago. Sony also shipped 17.8 million PlayStation 4 consoles for the 2018 fiscal year, which is down by 1.2 million units from a year ago. However, the figure is 0.3 million more than Sony's forecast of 17.5 million.

Sony's forecast of shipping 16 million PlayStation 4 consoles in the 2019 fiscal year, ending March 31, 2020.

PlayStation Plus subscribers has grown to 36.4 million. That is up by 2.2 million from a year ago. There was also 54.7 million games sold on the PlayStation 4 in the quarter, an increase of 2.7 million games. 45 percent of games sold were full game digital downloads.
Report excerpts I reckoned some would think neat:

Skärmavbild 2019-04-26 kl. 23.16.34.png

Skärmavbild 2019-04-26 kl. 23.17.08.png

sauce: Go to external page

Published a few hours ago:

(NB fiscal year 2018 ended 31 March 2019)

Sony announced lifetime shipment figures for the PlayStation 4 have hit 96.8 million units as of March 31, [2019]. The figure was revealed in Sony's earning report for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2018.

2.6 million PlayStation 4 consoles were shipped during the quarter. That is up by 0.1 million during the same period a year ago. Sony also shipped 17.8 million PlayStation 4 consoles for the 2018 fiscal year, which is down by 1.2 million units from a year ago. However, the figure is 0.3 million more than Sony's forecast of 17.5 million.

Sony's forecast of shipping 16 million PlayStation 4 consoles in the 2019 fiscal year, ending March 31, 2020.

PlayStation Plus subscribers has grown to 36.4 million. That is up by 2.2 million from a year ago. There was also 54.7 million games sold on the PlayStation 4 in the quarter, an increase of 2.7 million games. 45 percent of games sold were full game digital downloads.
Report excerpts I reckoned some would think neat:

sauce: Go to external page
Saw this elsewhere though with much fewer details. It's definitely going to break 100m sold, and it's the only current console that has a chance at that. Still, with the confirmation of the PS5 coming next year, I think it's safe to say even this monster isn't going to dethrone the PS2 (158m).

All hail Megatron.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess it depends on how successful the PS5 launch is. PS3 was rocky at best, and the PS2 was such a hit it sold something around 40 million units after the PS3 launched.

The full four fiscal years after PS3 launched PS2 sold 13.7, 7.9, 7.3 and 6.4 million units.

Could get up to 125-30 and comfortably settle as #3.

Some pretty good deals right now.

I ended up getting God of War, Bloodborne, Elder Scrolls Online and NBA2K19 for $46. Not bad.

$350 and then $40 before tax for a PS4 Pro and The Show 19 are I assume good deals right?

Jones-ing to get a PS4 Pro as I have a 4k HDR TV and the Days of Play and Father's Day sales are all going right now.

Get on it, Greg.
Ugh, I really REALLY want to but I also am in the middle of looking for a house to rent with a friend since I moved states for a new job.... PS4... or rent/deposit...

Obviously the rent/deposit should take priority... just hope it happens soon before the sale is over so I can say "fuck it" and do both.

I got mine on the Playstation store on my ps4. Nba2k19 is only 2.99 lol

I was going to get Days of Gone and Bloodborne, but figured I could get 4 games instead of two, and wait for the other to drop.

I got mine on the Playstation store on my ps4. Nba2k19 is only 2.99 lol

I was going to get Days of Gone and Bloodborne, but figured I could get 4 games instead of two, and wait for the other to drop.
yeah worth getting the 4 and waiting on the other one ..thanks for the info will check it out

$350 and then $40 before tax for a PS4 Pro and The Show 19 are I assume good deals right?

Jones-ing to get a PS4 Pro as I have a 4k HDR TV and the Days of Play and Father's Day sales are all going right now.
I dont own 19 but the show games are always pretty good

Back