Poatan is slightly overrated

Beat Strickland before he made the adjustments that made him truly elite, 3 rounds down to adesanya , comes back, knocked out by adesanya, barely beats a jan years removed from his prime, early stoppages a guy coming off a year layoff, and yes jiri did say it was an early stoppage and that he was conscious in a Czech interview

Well hes not undefeated.

moon_landing_reprint.jpg

He is very beatable but he did enough to get into the HOF. He might go down as one of the best combat athletes if he can capture a HW title. Most fighters are scared to take risks and Alex is willing to do it.

Hes 6-1.

You know who else was 6-1? Dominick Reyes.

Not a HOFer.

People are out here saying that Periera can beat Aspinall. That he can beat Jones, that he is the favorite against Magomed.

Almost everyone has him as the significant underdog in those fights due to his weakness to wrestling. People are giving him a bit more of a chance vs Ankalaev due to Ank's shitty fight IQ but he's still not the favorite.

What I’m about to say is gonna get a lot of you fan boys mad, but I think I need to say this, Periera is starting to get overrated. And his fan base is starting to get malignant. People are out here saying that Periera can beat Aspinall. That he can beat Jones, that he is the favorite against Magomed. Some people even said he is the best boxer in the UFC. They discredit the second Izzy fight as a fluke but count the first one even though Periera was down on rounds until that 5th round. Periera gets special treatment, saying he deserves a HW title shot, even though it makes no sense. His fans are rabid and toxic and attack anyone who thinks another LHW can beat him. This guy is getting worshipped, and no is pointing this out.

Periera is a cool dude though.
I agree, TS. His UFC run seems kinda impressive on paper, but I feel fighters are a bit too much intimidated by his power. He looks a bit slow and chinny (which is understandable given his age), so, a fast, long, and powerful guy (like Adesanya) may do the job. Then again, it's not that easy to find an opponent like this, and looks can be deceiving, so maybe (probably) we are underestimating how subtly good he is at distance management, reading his opponents, finding the right timing, setting the pace and motion of the fight, and so on. I mean, his résumé can't just be a coincidence...

Also, he didn't fight a proper wrestler. lol

You are essentially correct. I love Alex, and I’m always rooting for him, but there’s a clear category of mma where Alex is weaker than most ufc fighters.

Even though he’s constantly training grappling, it’s easy to see lots of capable wrestlers getting him down and keeping him there. But he’s not fighting them. Maybe there’s not many available, fair enough. But it’s a clear weakness.

Rooting for Alex to make history and win a 3rd belt, but if he fights aspinall, he’s not getting out of round 1

What I’m about to say is gonna get a lot of you fan boys mad, but I think I need to say this, Periera is starting to get overrated. And his fan base is starting to get malignant. People are out here saying that Periera can beat Aspinall. That he can beat Jones, that he is the favorite against Magomed. Some people even said he is the best boxer in the UFC. They discredit the second Izzy fight as a fluke but count the first one even though Periera was down on rounds until that 5th round. Periera gets special treatment, saying he deserves a HW title shot, even though it makes no sense. His fans are rabid and toxic and attack anyone who thinks another LHW can beat him. This guy is getting worshipped, and no is pointing this out.

You created your account to post this?
More proof that White Belts shouldn’t be allowed to start threads.

Did Dominic Reyes capture two belts in different divisions?

He doesn't have the longevity is the point. If this is as good as it gets for him and he starts losing(which is very likely IMO) he would not make the HOF.

I'm not a "champ champ" person. I actually hold it against fighters for not staying in their weight class because I see it as a "get rich quick scheme" where a fighter wants to become a legend for winning 1 cherry picked bout in substitute of an actual career.

He doesn't have the longevity is the point. If this is as good as it gets for him and he starts losing(which is very likely IMO) he would not make the HOF.

I'm not a "champ champ" person. I actually hold it against fighters for not staying in their weight class because I see it as a "get rich quick scheme" where a fighter wants to become a legend for winning 1 cherry picked bout in substitute of an actual career.
Look at the UFC HOF. I am following UFC's criteria. There are people that accomplished way less than him. There are several people that have even less fights than him. Those guys don't even have two belts.

Some people do indeed overrate him a lot and can't see how much he is a product of favorable match making. Also, him calling out dudes who he has no intention of fighting doesn't really help either. But you are a quite a bit exaggerating when saying his fan base attacks anyone who thinks another LHW can beat him. Because I don't really feel attacked at all by them and I regularly state my doubts and critique concerning his career.

ive been a fan of Periera since he won his first belt at middle weight in Glory, I have nothing but respect for the 4 time champs. But here I just point out general things about how Poatan has his weaknesses ignored, and how people are even talking about him moving up is the problem. He doesn’t deserve it , it makes no sense but that’s gets ignored cause Poatan is peoples favorite fighter but if you bring attention to it you’re a casual and a hater.

Aspinall squashes him like a big….youre a hater….

Jones beats him like a bug, you’re a hater…..

Periera isn’t an unbeatable god, you’re a hater…….

Periera beats everyone except Ank at 205…..you’re still a hater cuz how can a *God* like Periera lose?

Like there’s no discussion of his strengths or weaknesses, no one watches tape…they can’t even name his third best tool….they just say accomplishments and the people who he has beat …and that’s it

Periera is a great fighter nothing but respect, but you guys are just ever so slightly turning him into something he is not. And I think it’s fair to bring that up, takes nothing away from his accomplishments to just consider you guys are taking this a bit too far.

Look at the UFC HOF. I am following UFC's criteria. There are people that accomplished way less than him. There are several people that have even less fights than him. Those guys don't even have two belts.

Even if we include Pride and other major org acheivements? .

You know maybe with the 2 belts he'd get in without a single other win. Zuffa can be stupid like that. But I don't think thats fair or hes a HOFer with 6 wins cause he got so insanely lucky with timing. And thats why he has 2 belts.

No one cares.

Dude's a two weight champ. If anyone thinks he is better than having two titles who gives a shit,he still a two weight champ. One of the most dangerous fighters to ever lace em up.
He should be worshipped,and he should have rabid and toxic fans. Thats how it fuckin goes.

Sit yo ass down.

Back