Police arrest train passenger for having her foot on the seat

damn that woman is huge! and she spit on a cop? in my area of world you never do that they would break you.

110% with the cops on this one.

Fuck her.
She PAID for that seat!

But seriously, yeah. I love these people trying to take a stand over some stupid petty nonsense like this and getting locked up over it.

damn that woman is huge! and she spit on a cop? in my area of world you never do that they would break you.

I'm actually shocked she didn't eat the pavement. That's a big no-no, and the cops would've been perfectly within their rights to slam her ass to the ground.

Interfering in an investigation. Resisting arrest. Spitting in a cop's face. Jesus. I hope standing up for the complete stranger over a citation, was worth it. That woman is a special kind of stupid.

Everyone lost in this situation.

But the two girls escalated behavior (especially the spitting part ) made any grievances they might have had null and void.

Was the reason for the cops stop petty,sure..it seems like a awful waste of police resources, but what they did afterwards was equally petty and against the law.

I’d say the same no matter what the agenda of the girls were... using the race /minority card was just overzealous theatrics,a perfect scenario for them to pull a victim card..they’ve been conditioned to do so.

ask then to remove it. how hard is it?
i would not do that while riding the LA metro train. You are risking a confrontation with a stranger because you never know how someone would react, especially an Angeleno. Ive seen two dudes got into a fist fight in the metro blue line because one dude asked the other dude to quiet down because he was too loud on the phone.

Remember, this is LA. I work in LA and i use the metro train for 5 years.

Take it how you will.

If a stupid person decides to blatantly ignore a cops authority WHILE BREAKING RULES right in front of him and he is asking her to comply, you take action. Every train has those rules posted ALL OVER THE PLACE. Its minor, but you hear millions of complaints about how nobody is around to enforce the rules.

What do you want the cop to do? keep asking nicely while she says no, further giving the impression you can just ignore figures of authority?

This is America? LMAO. This entitled generation of Idiots is a problem

As I said, it appears based on the video that the girl didn't realize that it was against the rules until the cop explained it to her after he dragged her off the train. If he had simply said "it is against the rules to have your feet up, and if you don't take your feet off of the seat I will be forced to remove you from the train," then there is a much better chance of it not escalating to the level it did where a dozen cops other cops had to focus on two teenies.

ignorance of the rules/laws is not a defense and the cop did tell her to get her foot off.

also, 18 year old is an adult.

Sigh, I never said it was a defense, and I never defended the girl, only said that the cop could have handled the situation more professionally with the odds of a better outcome for everyone. And 18 is legally an adult, but 18 is young and brains are still developing.

As I said, it appears based on the video that the girl didn't realize that it was against the rules until the cop explained it to her after he dragged her off the train. If he had simply said "it is against the rules to have your feet up, and if you don't take your feet off of the seat I will be forced to remove you from the train," then there is a much better chance of it not escalating to the level it did where a dozen cops other cops had to focus on two teenies.

The two were in mid conversation when the video started you don't know that he didn't tell her it was against the train's rules.

The Rules are posted on the train, and I'm sure he told her it was against the rules when he first approached her. Just like a cop tells you that you were speeding when they pull you over.

Your point is purely an assumption. It's possible, but we don't have the whole conversation on video. She was being deliberately defiant and then tried to act like she was a victim once shit got real.

Last edited:
Sigh, I never said it was a defense, and I never defended the girl, only said that the cop could have handled the situation more professionally with the odds of a better outcome for everyone. And 18 is legally an adult, but 18 is young and brains are still developing.
you keep saying you are not defending the girl when in fact you are defending the girl by making excuses for her.

putting your filthy feet on a seat in a public transportation is a no no. this is common courtesy 101 if you grow up in America (or any 1st world country) and/or you were raised properly.

Not only this girl failed common courtesy 101, but she disobeyed a lawful order from a cop.

It's not like the cop approached her and dragged her out of the train without saying a word.

Last edited:
This is in the US? Who still uses thumb break holsters and the PR-24?

I guess the PR-24 makes sense for a transit cop though, the thing is great except for trying to get in and out of a vehicle with it haha

I don’t really know what I am talking about but is it maybe because as transit cops they are likely to be very tight to people on the train and on platforms an unable to manage space effectively so the thumb-brake is a little extra protection?

She should abide by the rules but the way the cop reacted was wrong. Way too excessive in handling that situation.
Only watched the first half, but the officer gave her a LAWFUL command, to which she refused and straight up told him "no."

Then he went hands on, and she completely resisted. Again, it was a LAWFUL command and the officer had every legal right to order her off the train and make her if she kept refusing.

Then this entitled little brat has the nerve to cry racism and shit.

I don’t really know what I am talking about but is it maybe because as transit cops they are likely to be very tight to people on the train and on platforms an unable to manage space effectively so the thumb-brake is a little extra protection?
he is an old school cop. LAPD last issued thumb break holster to recruits 15 years ago.

nowadays all the new recruits get level 2 or 3 retention safariland holster with the retention hood

Is that an arrestable offence though. She didn't really break the law. I mean he could give her a citation, but we're any laws broken?
Don't know if anyone ever answered you, but yes it is. Criminal tresspassing for refusing to leave the train after being told to either move her feet or leave.

The cop could also have easily charged her with resisting arrest for resisting the LAWFUL arrest.

Now we are "Basing it on the video" which was taken in the middle of whenever the person taking it decided it was escalating enough to take a video. At which point the officer was still calmly speaking to her and she was ignoring him. You don't ignore a figure of authority.

The rules of the train are posted all over the train, train station and everyone who lives in the area posting on the videos say so. The officer said he repeatedly asked her to take her feet off and she refused. His body cam is going to tell the truth, so there is no reason for him to lie about it.

Fuck the entitled kid, fuck the big cow who spit at the cops yelling its racist as she tried to obstruct justice and turn it into something it is not.

Fuck people defending them. You are part of the problem.

The two were in mid conversation when the video started you don't know that he didn't tell her it was against the train's rules.

The Rules are posted on the train, and I'm sure he told her it was against the rules when he first approached her. Just like a cop tells you that you were speeding when they pull you over.

Your point is purely an assumption. It's possible, but we don't have the whole conversation on video. She was being deliberately defiant and then tried to act like she was a victim once shit got real.

I said in my first post that we came in on the conversation and didn't know what was said before, BUT, based on their later conversation where her and her friends didn't seem to understand what the issue was, it is more than reasonable to assume that they had not talked about train rules before, so not sure why you would be "sure" he told her anything beyond "take your feet off of the seat."

you keep saying you are not defending the girl when in fact you are defending the girl by making excuses for her.

putting your filthy feet on a seat in a public transportation is a no no. this is common courtesy 101 if you grow up in America (or any 1st world country) and/or you were raised properly.

Not only this girl failed common courtesy 101, but she disobeyed a lawful order from a cop.

It's not like the cop approached her and dragged her out of the train without saying a word.

Explaining what I think she was thinking is defending her?<{katwhu}>

Back