Crime Police Officer Arrives on Scene, Shoots and Kills Armed Security Guard

If this cop murdering a security guard hero who had the situation under control bothers you, the Police Chief for Midlothian Daniel Delaney's email is [email protected]

As a citizen it is your right to interact with this man and demand justice along with a better trained department.

Did the cops even yell, ok, put down your weapons, and hands up?

Where security guards in uniform? Probably would have helped. Bodyguards are usually plain clothes. How do LEO's know who is bodyguards, and not formally dressed kidnappers?

Where security guards in uniform? Probably would have helped. Bodyguards are usually plain clothes. How do LEO's know who is bodyguards, and not formally dressed kidnappers?

Officers did not arrive at the scene blind they were sent there

But if I was black I would never wait for US police with a gun in my hand.

It was many thing IMO.

First when 911 was called ( someone in securty or management) they should have given more detail about having an armed security holding the shoot at gun point. In these situations more clear detail is always important.

It also sounds like the cop fired bef9re he gave any verbal commands. Unless he did and the guy didn't hear them.

So it was a sad accident.

When you live in an armed society and carry a weapon you must realize how things can go wrong and take steps to try and prevent it.

So training on both sides would have been a good idea. I'm going to guess the security guard had very little to no training and most likely was not qualified as an armed security. Or the course he took was piss poor at best.

Cops shoot other cop especially when one is not in uniform.

Very sad and my condolences t9 his family and friends.

I would only guess the cop might receive department punishment of some type or if it's was determined he acted criminally charges. Whatever happens he must live with the fact he killed an innocent man that was in fact saying lifes. That will take a terrible toll on him I'm sure.

Even assuming it was the perp who had the gun drawn on someone, the last thing you do in the situation is come in blasting. The cop fucked up big time and should face charges.

I would love to hear what dispatch told the cop

This is big. Was anyone on the phone with 911 saying "OK, looks like someone took out the shooter and is holding them at gunpoint" and did that information fail to get to the officer?

Very tough situation in general as an officer bursting onto the scene. I think this one will result in no charges being filed, neighboring police department will investigate and say that cop saw a person at a reported shooting pointing a gun at another and acted to save a life (to his perspective and with the facts he currently had to base his decision off of)

Very sad for the hero security guard who lost his life. Police departments need to A) be better trained across the board and B) hold themselves more accountable and quickly.

If you want to say the cop was not criminal in reacting wrongly to a scene when under duress and saw a potential murder about to happen, fine, that's an acceptable view (and the one I belive will come about) but this officer clearly demonstrated he does not have the decision making ability to be a cop and so should be fired and told to find a line of work elsewhere.

Last edited:
First you say:
It also sounds like the cop fired bef9re he gave any verbal commands. Unless he did and the guy didn't hear them.

Then the very next line you contradict yourself, saying:
So it was a sad accident.

Do you even understand what you are writing? You were so close to understanding that this was preventable then declared it an accident.

Which wires in your brain have melted that have shut down your ability to hold authority accountable? Why are you making excuses directly after offering an explanation of incompetence/malfeasance?

I wouldn't even as a white guy. I conceal carry. If I were in this situation, I think the smart thing to do would be get the gun away from the gunman (buddy, kick to a corner, or take yourself) then since now with knee on belly on a wounded and unarmed indivual, I'd holster my weapon. I can still get to it if needed, but it's no longer pointed at a person once cops show. I have jiu jitsu skills though to trust my top pressure control

Easy to Monday morning quarterback decisions of others tho. I'm not at all blaming the security guard's decisions for his sad fate. He stepped up like a hero when lead started flying (a rare trait), and a poor decision by someone who was supposed to protect him cost him his life. RIP

Even if security called them, and tell them everyone is packing heat, still hard to differentiate unless good guys are in uniform. What if bad guy got the drop on the security?

This is big. Was anyone on the phone with 911 saying "OK, looks like someone took out the shooter and is holding them at gunpoint" and did that information fail to get to the officer?

Very tough situation in general as an officer bursting onto the scene. I think this one will result in no charges being filed, neighboring police department will investigate and say that cop saw a person at a reported shooting pointing a gun at another and acted to save a life (to his perspective and with the facts he currently had to base his decision off of)

Very sad for the hero security guard who lost his life. Police departments need to A) be better trained across the board and B) hold themselves more accountable and quickly.

If you want to say the cop was not criminal in reacting wrongly to a scene when under duress and saw a potential murder about to happen, fine, that's an acceptable view (and the one I belive will come about) but this officer clearly demonstrated he does not have the decision making ability to be a cop and so should be fired and told to find a line of work elsewhere.

Bad guy can still fake being the good guy.

Even if security called them, and tell them everyone is packing heat, still hard to differentiate unless good guys are in uniform. What if bad guy got the drop on the security?
Then as a cop you don't further endanger innocent lives by rushing into the situation to discharge your weapon.

surround the place and ask people to walk out in orderly manner? Its a bar with windows for fucks sake

First you say:

Then the very next line you contradict yourself, saying:

Do you even understand what you are writing? You were so close to understanding that this was preventable then declared it an accident.

Which wires in your brain have melted that have shut down your ability to hold authority accountable? Why are you making excuses directly after offering an explanation of incompetence/malfeasance?

Do you know for sure the cop gave no verbal commands.

I said it appeared to be many things that lead to this including it would appear the person on staff that call 911.

As well as the cops fault and mostly the cops fault if he didn't per department regulations.

Unwed your panties and try reading.

Most mistakes like this happen due to many small things going wrong and it's not as simple as saying this one thing caused this.

Try some critical thinking and not blind hate.

This case SHOULD hinge on what information the officer had from Dispatch at the time of arrival imo.

If the reports were 'shots fired... reports of suspect detained' then 'bad cop'. If reports were 'shots fired... armed security have engaged suspect', then again bad cop as they need to sort things out first. If reports were 'shots fired...' with nothing much more than I think the cop gets a lot of leeway.

I also think that if you are arming your security or allowing them to have fire arms they should also be forced to wear something like this over their clothes.

71PfXWrX8%2BL._SX466_.jpg

Police deserve to know who is staff armed and who is not as it can be very dangerous for a cop in an active fire zone to be trying to figure that out.

Regardless of the reasoning, police just need to be held more accountable for their stupid actions so things like this can change.

It doesn't change because so many police officers have their actions covered up or justified by the department or the court system. More need to lose their jobs or possibly face prison sentencing for their poor decision making.

If this cop murdering a security guard hero who had the situation under control bothers you, the Police Chief for Midlothian Daniel Delaney's email is [email protected]

As a citizen it is your right to interact with this man and demand justice along with a better trained department.
Or contact Roger Goodell.

This is how you know that NFL anthem demonstration is a manipulative scam. It put massive pressure on people that have no part in the justice process. Shadowy hands moving in the background.

Try some critical thinking and not blind hate.

Yes this is what my post was attempting to get you to do. You self-contradicted, not me. Deal with it. Point out my next post where I self-contradict if it makes you feel better about your mistakes.

Yes this is what my post was attempting to get you to do. You self-contradicted, not me. Deal with it. Point out my next post where I self-contradict if it makes you feel better about your mistakes.

Maybe I didn't explain it as well as I could have, but thought I made it clear that there was mistakes made all around with it appears the cop making the biggest one.

The op question was how we can help prevent this from happening again.

To do that you must find where all the mistakes were and look at was to help fix them.

Maybe I didn't explain it as well as I could have, but thought I made it clear that there was mistakes made all around with it appears the cop making the biggest one.

The op question was how we can help prevent this from happening again.

To do that you must find where all the mistakes were and look at was to help fix them.

I think everyone being armed was where the mistakes started

He wanted to shoot and kill someone, regardless of who now. Come on!

<LikeReally5>

Back