Crime Police Shoot Man In Back, Riots and Unrest Ensue

How much time was between the shootings? Do we know that info?

Not much, there are continuous videos of the entire thing, it's like 2 minutes.

I don't know how to timestamp the link, but it starts at 3:59:00

As an outsider looking in, it's horrifying.

Tubby child Larps with an assault rifle, shit goes south and he and kills two people.

War Room = Chuckling with glee.

You know two people died and this child is going to spend a lot of time in jail.

WTF America.
He was defending himself, intelligently. Wtf yourself

With an assault rifle he doesn't own? In a state he doesn't live? I'm merely asking because I honestly don't know gun laws

obviously, hence why you keep saying "assault rifle" (it's not) and mentioning another state, which doesn't really matter. and AFAIK, wisconsin's gun laws are a bit more lax than illinois', anyway.

What a terrible concept that good people can't stand up to criminals unless the state pays them to. That's precisely why we've had dozens of deaths and billions in property loss over the last few months.

Isn't that what police officers are for? To protect and serve? Granted they really can't now a day's because of what's going on, so I can see what you mean, but I still don't agree with him leaving his state to fight the problem in another state that has nothing to do with him. Using evil to fight evil is not the way.

I will say this kid demonstrated excellent composure. The only ding on him is that he's underage.

That being said... "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If I was his lawyer, I would argue that he was part of a well regulated Militia and was providing security in a city that has shown to be incapable of providing security for itself. This is a constitutionally protected right. There's an IG vid where he clearly states that he's doing such. And the vids where he's shoots rioters demonstrates clear cut self defense against people who's intentions were to have the city to burn to the ground.

He was 17 but at the end of the day the constitution > state laws and it's shit like this which was why the 2nd amendment was created to begin with.

He was clearly well-regulated.

Tubby child Larps with an assault rifle, shit goes south and he and kills two people.

You know two people died and this child is going to spend a lot of time in jail.

WTF America.
The two that died had attacked others before. They were trying to kill him. Which means they will try to do again in that setting to someone else. Basically all it takes for them to commit to killing is the crowd yelling “get em!” Who knows how many lives that kid saved

And don’t act so innocent, look around you.

he’s not allowed to own a hand gun. In my experience long guns are able to be owned at 16. Open carry in WI may be an issue, but that’s a misdemeanor, self defense may stand if that’s the case. In which case he only ends up convicted of a misdemeanor. He still has a long road ahead of him, not sure if it was worth it to him at this point. To kill 2 people at 17 and everything else he got involved in. To know how stupid I was at 17 and to see what he got himself into, Jesus Christ I don’t envy him.

Different states different laws. Gets hard to keep track of quick. In Illinois where he’s resident of, have to be 18 to posses rifles or shotguns (21 for handguns). In Wisconsin where he was, you have to be 18 to legally open carry.

Yeah. This is a royal legal mess

Isn't that what police officers are for? To protect and serve? Granted they really can't now a day's because of what's going on, so I can see what you mean, but I still don't agree with him leaving his state to fight the problem in another state that has nothing to do with him. Using evil to fight evil is not the way.

Not according to SCOTUS. Police have no obligation to protect you.

Lots of folks fighting for civil rights in the South came from the North, or so I'm told. Would you have told them to mind their own business too?

obviously, hence why you keep saying "assault rifle" (it's not) and mentioning another state, which doesn't really matter. and AFAIK, wisconsin's gun laws are a bit more lax than illinois', anyway.

I said assault rifle because I read a few comments in here calling it that. Again I have no education about guns so I don't know what is what. So you're saying it's ok to take a gun that is not registered to you into another state and that's not against the law? He can't legally own a gun at 17 can he?

How much time was between the shootings? Do we know that info?
Unless you piece together a time line from all the footage or someone provides an uninterrupted recording of the whole event then no. But from what can be inferred from available footage just minutes.

Not much, there are continuous videos of the entire thing, it's like 2 minutes.

oh thanks. I hadn’t realized it was basically one event

@Teppodama there’s a one long vid that catches both just above. I hadn’t realized it was basically one event.

WTF America.
that's racist to call him "Tubby"

I said assault rifle because I read a few comments in here calling it that. Again I have no education about guns so I don't know what is what. So you're saying it's ok to take a gun that is not registered to you into another state and that's not against the law? He can't legally own a gun at 17 can he?

Gun registration is a rare thing in America. Fyi.

The victims? You mean the victims that chased that guy trying to throw Molotov cocktails on him? While running away being chased by the victims he tripped and he supposedly shot in self defense? It’s all over the other Kenosha thread. *shrug*

They're victims in the same way that someone who gets punched in the face while trying to rape a woman is an assault victim.

there are 2 videos. well, 3+ videos of the 2 incidents that's basically one incident immediately after the other.

someone chased him and threw something at him, and that's when kyle turned and shot. he then took out his phone and allegedly called (or was dialing) 911, and that's when the others from the mob chased/attacked him.

Seen it now. Yeah dude tried to molotov him and kept chasing him. Both look like self defense to me.

Looks more like he went to help others clean up graffiti and protect private property from more looting and arson. Smartly, he brought a firearm in case of attack by the criminals he was there to deter. When running away failed, he was forced to defend himself form great bodily harm.

Thats how it looks to me too. Ive been chewing on this all day trying to figure out what i think

I dont think that kid should have been there but once i say that about him its true of everyone else too. Why shouldnt he be allowed to do what he thinks is right same as every american

I dunno if a 17 year old should have a rifle .... but he might still be alive cuz he did. Maybe he shouldnt have had that gun .... but maybe protesters shouldnt have attacked him either. Who the fuck attacks a dude holdin an ar 15. You gotta take responsibility for your own death if you are gonna do things that stupid.

I think the whole situation is rotten but i just dont think that kid was wrong to shoot when he did. This shooting passes my would i have pulled the trigger too test.

I think the fact i grew up a punk and at my core have sympathies with the protesters ..... but i also think these protests have gotten way out of line and the feds should stop them is seriously messin with my mind here and just makin me feel icky and like a sellout.

there's generally no registration (and a registry is explicitly illegal in some states). transporting generally just involves having it unloaded and in the trunk. there are ways he could legally own a rifle at 17.

Different states different laws. Gets hard to keep track of quick. In Illinois where he’s resident of, have to be 18 to posses rifles or shotguns (21 for handguns). In Wisconsin where he was, you have to be 18 to legally open carry.

Yeah. This is a royal legal mess

does the wi oc law only pertain to handguns/etc, though? many states have open *rimshot* laws regarding carrying long arms, with explicit oc/cc legislation for handguns/pistols.

ie: children go hunting and have to carry their rifles/shotguns.

Back