Poll: Do you support illegal immigration?

Do you support illegal immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 255 94.1%

• Total voters
My problem with this topic is that fox news and most conservative outlets spend way too much time talking about immigration like it's America's biggest issue. It's not even one of the major issues affecting us, and they give it too much air time. Illegal immigration has been decreasing yearly. Trade agreements, stronger Mexican economy, etc... im assuming has helped with this problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewr...s-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/?amp=1

If faux news and other conservative stations spent as much time talking about actual policies that mattered like education, healthcare, spending, decreasing middle class, etc. As much as they talk about illegal immigration this sub forum wouldn't be such a shithole.

I support Immigration, but legal immigration.

Obviously the current system is flawed, ineffective and needs to evolve.

The cartel problems in mexico and central America need to be addressed and resolved before open borders can even be entertained.

The mexican government needs to want to clean up the corruption first.

Speaking of the devil, did you see that far left hispanic democrat that just won a NY primary? She just displaced a big name democrat. Her policies are basically what I said in my previous post. Unlimited migration, the end of ICE and so on.

The end of ICE isn't unlimited migration. ICE is a pretty new agency that is really fucked up.

No, though I've been happy to help or befriend a number of illegal immigrants who are here trying to have a nice life.

Translation: I've been able to save a lot of money on home repairs using undocumented labor. :)

Translation: I've been able to save a lot of money on home repairs using undocumented labor. :)
Who hasn't spun the wheel at Home Depot once or twice? But no that's not what I mean. I grew up around lots of illegals (Oregon), and it was really normal.

Who hasn't spun the wheel at Home Depot once or twice? But no that's not what I mean. I grew up around lots of illegals (Oregon), and it was really normal.

My former BIL had a roof put on by some undoc's. He got an amazing price and they did an outstanding job. I have the boss's number and am legitimately torn.

My former BIL had a roof put on by some undoc's. He got an amazing price and they did an outstanding job. I have the boss's number and am legitimately torn.
Well it's quite the moral pickle. What sort of insurance fraud estimate do they offer?

Well it's quite the moral pickle. What sort of insurance fraud estimate do they offer?

Not sure. I haven't gotten far enough into the process. But I know my BIL had no issues getting his homeowner's insurance company to cover the new roof.

I support immigration... it shouldn't be illegal.

People are valuable, why would you turn away something valuable? That's stupid.

Yes I have been to Prison so I don't even like the word illegal. Plus when we illegally immigrated from Britain we illegally murdered the natives and stole their land. If you argue it wasnt illegal because no laws were in place I hope an extra terrestrial teleports in you and it kills you. Maybe 100 years later it will be a law just like we made it a law after we immigrated here. So to sum it up. I am not a hypocrite so I support immigration since I am not a Native American and to do anything else is technically hypocritical.

I think the conservative view is that liberals say they don't support illegal immigration. However, they want to force the policy to either separate kids and parents or do catch and release (de facto supporting illegal immigration). Then they complain about separating kids and parents. But they say don't support illegal immigration. Even though their policies de facto support illegal immigration.

<Dylan>

Last edited:
I think the conservative view is that liberals say they don't support illegal immigration. However, they want to force the policy to either separate kids and parents or do catch and release (de facto supporting illegal immigration). Then they complain about separating kids and parents. But they say don't support illegal immigration. Even though their policies de facto support illegal immigration.

The crazy thing about it is that liberals controlled the WH just a couple of years ago. The focus was on deporting criminals rather than just terrorizing normal people, but the unauthorized immigrant population consistently dropped during Obama's presidency. And yet many people have been conned into thinking that liberals support illegal immigration just because they support a more-moral treatment of immigrants.

The crazy thing about it is that liberals controlled the WH just a couple of years ago. The focus was on deporting criminals rather than just terrorizing normal people, but the unauthorized immigrant population consistently dropped during Obama's presidency. And yet many people have been conned into thinking that liberals support illegal immigration just because they support a more-moral treatment of immigrants.
That's what the establishment has been saying forever. But somehow there are more than 10 million illegal immigrants in the United States. Something just doesn't add up. Honestly, those numbers and stuff, I'm not smart enough to understand all that. I just know that I've been told that before and nothing ever changed. I've worked for research firms and stuff before and it taught me not to delve too deep into details on issues that I'm not an expert on. All the numbers you read are nuanced and agenda driven. What's the definition of a deportation? Did that ever change? What counts as whatever? None of it ever makes sense at face value. In economics, for example, the layman compares 2018 unemployed data to 1920s unemployment data and doesn't know that unemployment definitions changed. Research methologies changed. Etc. Unless y ou have a PhD in economics, you're going to mislead yourself because lawyers change things around all the time for politics and research is agenda driven. Trying to use those numbers to reason a position is futile and you will mislead yourself if you're not an expert. So, I stick to the basics: there's over 10 million illegal immigrants.

Last edited:
That's what the establishment has been saying forever. But somehow there are more than 10 million illegal immigrants in the United States. Something just doesn't add up. I feel like liberals are trying to pull a fast one over me.

"The establishment"? Yes, there were more than 12 million unauthorized immigrants in America in 2007 (up from around 3.5 million in 1990). And now there are around 11.3 million. In reality, illegal border crossings were a legitimate problem for much of the 1990-2007 period (a bipartisan issue, incidentally). And then a combination of steps taken to fix the problem (mostly by liberals, BTW) and a natural maturation of the trend led to it no longer being a major issue until the right started demagoguing it in 2015.

People are very very very stupid today .

What civilizations needed to do in the past to protect its citizens has been completely abondonded.

Like all liberal ideas they do not see the future damage they are causing.

This will change the demographics worse then they are and get the natives super pissed
They know exactly what they are doing. They are not stupid. Perhaps some of the supporters of these policies are not aware of the end game but rest assured the architects are.

Not a big fan of open borders or illegal immigration. At the same time I haven't been impressed by conservatives solutions or lack of humanity.
What a lazy response. Conservatives don’t lack humanity. That would be so called liberals who support law breaking, human trafficking and child endangerment.

They know exactly what they are doing. They are not stupid. Perhaps some of the supporters of these policies are not aware of the end game but rest assured the architects are.

About 10% of people can see that far Into the future.

The architects must laugh at liberals who are literally committing suicide by the ideas they support

Of course not. I do not understand, is it really so difficult for people to prepare the necessary documents to move here to live? One of my best friends is an immigrant. I talked with him on the Internet for a long time before he arrived. And he really prepared documents, filled in the forms for moving. Is it so difficult to take and fill form n 565? I know from my friend's story about what needs to be done to move here legally. And it's not difficult, you just need money, time and a lawyer. It's all

Back