Media POLL TIME: Who's Next For Khamzat?

Next for Khamzat is

• Total voters
Beating 4 guys in the UFC and only absorbing 1 blow total puts this guy in his own category. Besides, the UFC is a money making, entertainment company as well as a sporting one and this guy is way more entertaining than Magny and that sells seats and makes money. I love his fights (more like muggings.)

Beating 3 hand picked nobodies doesnt make you title worthy...half of which arent even fighting in the UFC anymore

Leech is the one win worth considering when talking titles...

And beating Leech doesnt make u a top contender..

Anyone khamzat faces from this point on will bring in money for the UFC...

Also the entertainment side should always be second to the sport side when promoting a sport...otherwise thats called corruption..

Thats why the two most popular teams in other sports don't always make it to the finals every year or championships every year...

Sport side should always be greater then entertainment side when it comes to match making

Burns, Luque, Covington/Masvidal if they lose, maybe WB.

I think if Masvidal/Covington lose, they should fight each other.
Have Khamzat fight Burns
Luque rematch WB
Leon fight Usman.

Of course, the winner of Brady/Chiesa will be near the top 5 as well, that's another possibility. But I'd like Khamzat to NOT fight Brady, as they are 2 undefeated prospects. They can always fight each other later on, once Brady builds up a bigger name

The guy's potential is off the charts.Taking only 1 punch in 4 UFC fights is just insane no matter the competition and when you consider the fact that he literally carried around a decent fighter in Li like a child and beat him inside 3 minutes,it is best to assume that the guy is legit and give him top contender fights instead of wasting his prime fighting gatekeepers like Magny.

Potential isnt reality though ..

How many of these have we seen over the years...

Darren till

Johhny walker..

Erick silva..( still a young promising prospect tho)

Etc ...

The hype doesnt play out most times ...

Its better for the fighter and actually for the UFC for them to actually build there way up to that crest with experience... The dude just had his 10th fight only...

Look how experienced Glover just destroyed Jan...

Khamzat should stay the course and fight his way to the top ..

The entitlement of this ERA is crazy..

Out of that list, the best matchup is Burns for sure. Khamzat would absolutely tool the likes of Magny and Chiesa. Those fights are a waste of time.

It’s Burns and the only other one that makes sense is Leon, although I think he’d fuck Leon up badly as well. The UFC might want him to fight Nate, which is pointless and would be a beating, but I guess it would be entertaining.

Last edited:
Beating 3 hand picked nobodies doesnt make you title worthy...half of which arent even fighting in the UFC anymore

Leech is the one win worth considering when talking titles...

And beating Leech doesnt make u a top contender..

Anyone khamzat faces from this point on will bring in money for the UFC...

Also the entertainment side should always be second to the sport side when promoting a sport...otherwise thats called corruption..

Thats why the two most popular teams in other sports don't always make it to the finals every year or championships every year...

Sport side should always be greater then entertainment side when it comes to match making
I agree with you but that is not how fighting works . The biggest draw gets the title shots first. Conor, Brock , Zhang all got title shots early and won. Nate (who I love) is not one of the highest paid fighters because of his record, he is wildly entertaining. Same in boxing. The Paul brothers are getting paid big bucks to put on spectacles (just like Floyd) not actually fighting contenders and they are all making big money doing it.

Potential isnt reality though ..

How many of these have we seen over the years...

Darren till

Johhny walker..

Erick silva..( still a young promising prospect tho)
LOL those guys don't even compare to Khamzat.

Khamzat is an accomplished wrestler and there is an evidence he is actually much more than that. He has 2 one punch KOs and several knockdowns in only 10 fights despite being a wrestler. So he has already shown way more skills and promise than those guys ever did.I suggest you to watch his fights outside the UFC if you haven't already.

The hype doesnt play out most times
Well, in this case, it already has.

Its better for the fighter and actually for the UFC for them to actually build there way up to that crest with experience... The dude just had his 10th fight only...

Look how experienced Glover just destroyed Jan...

Khamzat should stay the course and fight his way to the top .
This is a take i can respect but most likely not what is gonna happen. As someone above said it is easier for a draw to get title shot than an average fighter and despite Khamzat only having 4 fights in the UFC it feels like he is already a star.

I voted for Magny. This fight would show exactly where Khamzat is with regard to an experienced fighter. While a fight versus Lugue might be fun to watch I think it would be better to reserve this fight for later if both continue to rise in stock.

A fight versus Diaz might be a money maker for Khamzat but it shows us nothing about his talent. Diaz isn't even ranked. I'd rather see Diaz banging with somebody who is more of a striker.

Gilbert Burns would be really intriguing and one of the harder stylistic match up for Khamzat.

Burns is also a good matchup due to his high level of BJJ and his striking power.

Of course I can see Khamzat vs Burns going like Khamzat vs GM3......

When you think about it, Belal Muhammad is the only fighter on this list that isn’t going to have a good enough excuse to duck him.

I agree with you but that is not how fighting works . The biggest draw gets the title shots first. Conor, Brock , Zhang all got title shots early and won. Nate (who I love) is not one of the highest paid fighters because of his record, he is wildly entertaining. Same in boxing. The Paul brothers are getting paid big bucks to put on spectacles (just like Floyd) not actually fighting contenders and they are all making big money doing it.

Well thats the exact issues facing the sport and i guess society at the moment...

I never liked those situations... And all of them got exposed in the end

He ducked Leon for a reason, doesn't want to fight good all-rounder guys his own size because he knows he'd lose. Khamzat the MW prefers weight-bullying smaller WWs, wouldn't surprise me if he went after a former LW like Burns.

No...

Beating number 11 doesn't put you in title contention.

This is what happens when the UFC lets people just jump the line like islam did...

Beating someone outside of the top 10 should mean your next fight is within the top 10 but outside of the Top 5...

Since when does beating Leech make you a title contender?

Also fun Fact...

You know who beat Leech before Khamzat did.

Neil.Magny
"beat" and "destroyed" are two different things

He absolutely toyed with number 11 ranked WW. He deserves much more than a number 8 ranked fighter after that performance

As for the thread, i think he and Burns should fight for the title eliminator
make sense thou sherdog logic give the hype job a title shot... next dan hardy

Back