Poor Shogun....

I was afraid that would happen, I really hope he stops and finds a different path in life, it’s like a Greek tragedy watching him dismantled like that in the cage knowing how much better he once was

Whether you are a fan or not.....if you know anything about how awesome Shogun used to be(pre-UFC especially).....this was just sad to watch.

It could have been Anthony Smith or Daniel Kelly tonight but from the moment Shogun walke/hobbled into the octagon.....the outcome was never in doubt.

If he does not retire, no commission should allow him to further torture himself again.
2005 Shogun was BOSS

I liked when Mark Colman blasted him with a power double and cracked shogun’s arm.
The still with a foot on wanderlei was like the cherry on top.

Seeing the old lions go down always sucks. That one was particularly hard.

Hard to see, hard to celebrate another guys W when it comes on a legends downfall

The punch that rocked him and he never got his feet back from was nothing special, couldn’t believe it did him in like that and he probably should think about retirement

It's worse for Shogun than most for me personally....he can barely walk at this point let alone fight. Absolute shame.

That wasn’t sad, that was an amazing beatdown of a guy that needs to gtfo.

And it looks real bad on DC for calling out this mummy.
Agreed on dc. I like dc but even if shogun scored a rolling thunder ko tonight he has no business fighting dc.

Bring on dc vs Romero while brock is finishing suspension

15323025682339931.gif

<6>

Just a Brazilian blood circulation technique, iz normal.. he is fine.

2005 Shogun was BOSS

The GOAT back then. He would be clocking these LHWs we have now. Flying knees, combos, they would be getting fucked up.. he just has way more mileage than any of them do. He was very much full of piss and vinegar back in his day.

No,you stop it to save him from himself,so he can live the rest of his life normal.

If you think every fight should be stopped when a fighter is punched unconscious then maybe you should be watching Bellator

The GOAT back then. He would be clocking these LHWs we have now. Flying knees, combos, they would be getting fucked up.. he just has way more mileage than any of them do. He was very much full of piss and vinegar back in his day.
No doubt, had it been 2005 Shogun fighting these LHW's they all wouldn't of stood no chance in HELL

All these Shogun war wagon fans now acting like Shogun needs to retire when hours ago they thought he was getting the KO and a title shot.

Honestly, even if he had won and gotten the title shot, it still would have been time for him to retire. He is so inconsistent these days because his body is so damaged. You never know which version of him is going to fight. Rather you didn’t know before. Now it’s always the same beat up version of him.
I’m a huge fan of his, but he has taken a lot of damage over the course of his career, much of it while training at Chute Box. Add to that, all the new LHWs are huge.

It really says a lot about his skills that even with his body all broken he has had any success in the past few years.

Not at all. You know what they say: the ride down can be even more exhilarating than the climb to the top. In fact, the higher you climb, the more spectacular your fall will be. Shogun reached LHW zenith during the 2005 Pride GP, I enjoyed the fuck out of watching him as the unstoppable stomping machine, and that's exactly why I have also enjoyed the fuck out of watching him get KTFO by Lionheart.

Thrills and agony are two inseparable sides of the same coin. The greatest thrills are often followed by the greatest agonies, just look at Ronda's rise and fall. A true fan embraces them both.
(and that's exactly why I have also enjoyed the fuck out of watching him get KTFO by Lionheart.) IDIOT!

Back