Post Your Gloves/Gear

Do you like those lace and loop converters?
Yes I like them.......but if I am being very honest it depends on the situation. If you have a bit of time to do it they work really well better on some gloves than others. One hand is always super easy. The other if your rushing it can go wrong and end up a bit loose especially at the top but I have wide hands so need the laces loose to start with. They are ideal if your going to be doing a long sparing session or a long bag session but so far I have found them a little difficult in group classes as I have been trying to rush to put them on. Issue I have is all my gloves are lace ups at the moment and I am not sure if I need to swap one pair for some Velcro.

If you have someone to help then they are absolutely perfect and people seem happier to do these than lace up the glove normally

Yes I like them.......but if I am being very honest it depends on the situation. If you have a bit of time to do it they work really well better on some gloves than others. One hand is always super easy. The other if your rushing it can go wrong and end up a bit loose especially at the top but I have wide hands so need the laces loose to start with. They are ideal if your going to be doing a long sparing session or a long bag session but so far I have found them a little difficult in group classes as I have been trying to rush to put them on. Issue I have is all my gloves are lace ups at the moment and I am not sure if I need to swap one pair for some Velcro.

If you have someone to help then they are absolutely perfect and people seem happier to do these than lace up the glove normally
Have you tried just using elastic lock laces on the lace-ups?

Have you tried just using elastic lock laces on the lace-ups?
Yes I have they work if I leave the plastic lock on but using the method detailed on here where you ties them up doesn't work far to hard to get on and off or too loose

My current collection of gear:

ADXJdv0.jpg

Winning 12oz with Lace N Loops for bagwork and pads

0EEfMFU.jpg

Custom synthetic Winning 16oz with Lace N Loops for sparring

3U0JSZK.jpg

Cleto Reyes 16oz with elastic laces for sparring

dIkUeL7.jpg

Winning groin protector and head gear for sparring

5Fp2B6B.jpg

Winning bag gloves for light bagwork

ADXJdv0.jpg

0EEfMFU.jpg

3U0JSZK.jpg

dIkUeL7.jpg

5Fp2B6B.jpg

Why synthetic MS600s? Just curious.

ADXJdv0.jpg

0EEfMFU.jpg

3U0JSZK.jpg

dIkUeL7.jpg

5Fp2B6B.jpg

Beautiful stuff, like hangulmaltoya I was wondering why the synthetics, and also, how much it costed? I got some lace n loops and Winnings on the way, or at least I *hope* I have some Winnings on the way, I might've been scammed lol

Beautiful stuff, like hangulmaltoya I was wondering why the synthetics, and also, how much it costed? I got some lace n loops and Winnings on the way, or at least I *hope* I have some Winnings on the way, I might've been scammed lol

If I buy brand new gloves, I always buy synthetic owing to my beliefs about animal welfare (which, to preempt the invective, I don't intend to argue about in this forum).

I really wanted a set Winning 16oz for sparring, so I asked whether they could make a custom set using the same synthetic material they use for their protective gear and bag gloves.

The cost was US$417 inclusive of shipping. So it was bread and water for me for several months after that.

I occasionally buy secondhand leather gloves. I got the Winning 12oz and Cleto Reyes 16oz secondhand.

I use Venum gloves! Shield 3.0s. I just upgraded to them and they are legit.
I left them in my bag in the car but here is a shot from the inter-webs, gotta love the gold lol

I ordered them from HelixxSports.com, they are a company who sponsor my Pro MMA friend Julius Anglickas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 3.43.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 3.43.32 PM.png
    351.3 KB · Views: 9
If I buy brand new gloves, I always buy synthetic owing to my beliefs about animal welfare (which, to preempt the invective, I don't intend to argue about in this forum).

I really wanted a set Winning 16oz for sparring, so I asked whether they could make a custom set using the same synthetic material they use for their protective gear and bag gloves.

The cost was US$417 inclusive of shipping. So it was bread and water for me for several months after that.

I occasionally buy secondhand leather gloves. I got the Winning 12oz and Cleto Reyes 16oz secondhand.

Cleto Makes some awesome gear.

Hey guys, Kinda random but I don’t think my question is thread worthy.

My queston is about bags but most recent threads about bags are about thai bags and Im going for Boxing.

Has anyone used the Title Gel bag? And if so how does it perform and how is the pop?

I’ve also been looking at a bag at Outslayer, 100lbs filled. There’s no mention of the material, I know Ouslayer is suppose to make among the best Bags around but the ones I see getting praise are their standard black/orange ones for MMA. The one I am looking at goes for $120 so im a little hesistant about the quality if it’s a lower tier and what not.

The Title Gel goes for $200 but it’s a bit more in my taste. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

B18F3FB8-83CE-46E6-96DE-CFE28A9AC6A9.jpeg

6491C4E3-52AE-43D8-8BDA-F5FF618F2295.jpeg

Hey guys, Kinda random but I don’t think my question is thread worthy.

My queston is about bags but most recent threads about bags are about thai bags and Im going for Boxing.

Has anyone used the Title Gel bag? And if so how does it perform and how is the pop?

I’ve also been looking at a bag at Outslayer, 100lbs filled. There’s no mention of the material, I know Ouslayer is suppose to make among the best Bags around but the ones I see getting praise are their standard black/orange ones for MMA. The one I am looking at goes for $120 so im a little hesistant about the quality if it’s a lower tier and what not.

The Title Gel goes for $200 but it’s a bit more in my taste. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 514723

View attachment 514727

Believe me, Outslayer are not lower tier. Also, outslayer have no chains so less annoying clicking noise.

Believe me, Outslayer are not lower tier. Also, outslayer have no chains so less annoying clicking noise.

Thanks for the info, No I know their good it’s just the ones I see more are the Black/Orange ones that run for more and this one is just $120.

Do you have Outsayers? How is the feedback and is the bottom rock hard?

Im just really tempted to how the Title Gel might feel hehe

Thanks for the info, No I know their good it’s just the ones I see more are the Black/Orange ones that run for more and this one is just $120.

Do you have Outsayers? How is the feedback and is the bottom rock hard?

Im just really tempted to how the Title Gel might feel hehe

All Outslayer have the same material other then some models that are leather.

I have an Outslayer 150lb bag, but since in Canada i gor only an unfilled one and had to fill it myself.

You can ask @hangulmalmotayo i know he has one and it survived so far his atomic hands

All Outslayer have the same material other then some models that are leather.

I have an Outslayer 150lb bag, but since in Canada i gor only an unfilled one and had to fill it myself.

You can ask @hangulmalmotayo i know he has one and it survived so far his atomic hands

Okay thanks man! I might just go with the Outslayer it’s $220 filled but the shipping is free and I can pick the color schemes, as for Title all I get is $250 for the bag and $60+ shipping. Shipping is always sketchy with them, I’ve payed $5-$7 bucks more for lighter smaller packages after just payng less for bigger heavier ones smh...

I really liked the Title bag but oh well.

Okay thanks man! I might just go with the Outslayer it’s $220 filled but the shipping is free and I can pick the color schemes, as for Title all I get is $250 for the bag and $60+ shipping. Shipping is always sketchy with them, I’ve payed $5-$7 bucks more for lighter smaller packages after just payng less for bigger heavier ones smh...

I really liked the Title bag but oh well.
Outslayer is solid. Been using it for about five years now and it is still in great condition (minus fading). Due to the material that the bag is filled with (rags) it doesn't settle, which is a plus.

I am not sure whether Title changed the way they packed their bags—they probably did—but the Title bags that I've used have been hard on the bottom. But they were also pretty old.

Outslayer is solid. Been using it for about five years now and it is still in great condition (minus fading). Due to the material that the bag is filled with (rags) it doesn't settle, which is a plus.

I am not sure whether Title changed the way they packed their bags—they probably did—but the Title bags that I've used have been hard on the bottom. But they were also pretty old.

I can’t recall how Everlast’s quality was around 2005 but I got my Bag that year so it’s about 13 years old 14 in november. It has gone through light and heavy episodes of punishment but not the punishment it would take at training level, otherwise I might of had to upgrade long ago, but it has been good to me, smooth outer material can’t really tell what it is but it’s not rough on gloves. Only problem it’s like a rock at the bottom. It either gave me a hell of a hook to the liver or I’ve been bruising my knuckles like a dumbass for nothing all these years hehehe.

Heres the details on the Title:

“Experience the GEL Advantage. Take your training to the elite level with the new Gel Enforced Lining® Heavy Bags. Unbelievable design incorporates a full 5/8" layer of additional Gel outside lining to afford the premier athlete the ultimate in style, performance, protection and power. The exclusive Gel lining delivers an unbeatable layer of impact resistance for the pinnacle in striking sensation. Inside is filled with the best packing materials, full foam liner and weighted to perfection. Comes complete with seatbelt nylon hanging straps and bottom tie down D-ring. Once you hit this bag you will never go back to a regular heavy bag again.”

Seems like a good bag, but adds up to too much money just for UPS’scrappy service and for it not to be leather.

Outslayer it is...

I can’t recall how Everlast’s quality was around 2005 but I got my Bag that year so it’s about 13 years old 14 in november. It has gone through light and heavy episodes of punishment but not the punishment it would take at training level, otherwise I might of had to upgrade long ago, but it has been good to me, smooth outer material can’t really tell what it is but it’s not rough on gloves. Only problem it’s like a rock at the bottom. It either gave me a hell of a hook to the liver or I’ve been bruising my knuckles like a dumbass for nothing all these years hehehe.

Heres the details on the Title:

“Experience the GEL Advantage. Take your training to the elite level with the new Gel Enforced Lining® Heavy Bags. Unbelievable design incorporates a full 5/8" layer of additional Gel outside lining to afford the premier athlete the ultimate in style, performance, protection and power. The exclusive Gel lining delivers an unbeatable layer of impact resistance for the pinnacle in striking sensation. Inside is filled with the best packing materials, full foam liner and weighted to perfection. Comes complete with seatbelt nylon hanging straps and bottom tie down D-ring. Once you hit this bag you will never go back to a regular heavy bag again.”

Seems like a good bag, but adds up to too much money just for UPS’scrappy service and for it not to be leather.

Outslayer it is...
That GEL stuff is crap; I never trust 'hi-tech' descriptions of gear from these boxing websites. It's all marketing. Also, if you take out all the superfluity, they're just saying that they think their new line of gear is really cool because they think it's really cool. And you might like it, too.

If they were being honest, it would read more like this: "Please buy this new line of product that we came out with because someone thought it would look really cool. We haven't really tested it out yet, but the idea should technically work. Some guy who's only used an old cement heavy bag in his garage tried it and told us that he was never going back to his regular heavy bag again. If and when people realize that this product sucks, however, we'll have to come out with a variation of it with a new name, rebranded as the latest technology, in five years. Until then, we'd like to tell you how this product, we think it is possible, might be a game changer."

Best to stick with what is simple and what works.

Back