Post your reaction if Jon Jones vs Gustafsson gets announced as UFC 230 headliner at MSG

Before the fight with Gustafsson, Jones said Glover was not worthy of a title fight.
After a close fight with Gustafsson he changed his mind and wanted the Glover fight instead of the rematch against Gustafsson
I don't recall Jones ever saying Glover was unworthy of a title fight. Glover was on a 19 fight win streak that spanned 8 years, he was the most worthy contender at that point.

Alexander-Gustafsson-vs-Jon-Jones26.jpg

Facts>Opinions
Fact: he’s a steroid cheat

tumblr_ocov4qIElh1qzk2apo1_500.gif

I'm game if it works out that way. Would make one hell of an addition to an end of the year card.

<TrumpWrong1>
Fact: His test for the Gus fight came back clean.
I don’t even think they were testing back then.

Anyways, when he popped - he admitted he cheated his whole career. He stated he has taken the same supplements his entire career.

Just to be clear... you're saying that Jones will get more than a year because it's ridiculous to think that he "accidentally" stumbled across a supplement that contaminated Turnibol. (which is his claim)

That's because Turnibol isn't something that's going to be in a supplement production facility & so there's no way for it to accidentally end up in him from a contaminated supplement.

Do I have that correct?

there are "supplements" and there are "high-risk supplements"

to get a 75% reduction in his penalty (from a starting point of 4 years for second offence), he would need to not only find a contaminated supplement but it would also need to be a supplement not deemed "high-risk"

so any supplement that had things written on it like "anabolic" or marketing that offered incredible gains, or supplements made by a brand that has previously had supplements found to contain prohibited substances would be considered "high-risk"

so bearing that in mind

1) in Jons CSAC hearing they admitted that they had had 17 supplements tested and none of them were found to contain turinabol.

2) Jon insisted they only used "approved supplements"

3) In the entire history of usada only seven supplements have ever been found containing turinabol but ALL of these were high risk. They either listed prohibited substances on the label, or had obvious signs that they contained prohibited substances. In other words, if Jones was to find a "non high risk" supplement containing turinabol it would be the first time one had ever been found.

these are the seven supplements found in the past to contain tbol

hrl-supps-768x273.png

• Alpha 4D by Shredded Labs – lists prohibited substances on the label
  • Natural Strength Advanced Anabolic Technology by Xcel Sports Nutrition – unsurprisingly contains numerous “anabolic’s”
  • OrlaTest by Chem33 – Advertising states it as containing turinabol
  • OstaRX by IronMagLabs – prohibited substances listed on the label
  • Storm X Pro Advanced Anabolic Technology by Xcel Sports Nutrition – as with their other product, no surprise that something called “advanced anabolic technology” should contain anabolics.
  • Razor’s Edge by Blackstone labs – the product ingredients list prohibited substances. (Blackstone Labs were raided by the FDA in February of 2017)
  • Turinabol 10 by UFC Pharma – There really isn’t much you can say.

All of those would be considered high risk, so anything similar to that would not see jones get a 75% reduction.

So to get a 75% reduction

1st, Jones has to find a supplement that contains turinabol that is not indicated on the label. Something that as of his CSAC hearing he was unable to do.

2nd. That supplement would need to be considered low-risk, so not a supplement that gave any obvious signs that it contained prohibited substances.

thats not going to happen based on what we saw at his CSAC hearing and what we have seen historically

I don’t even think they were testing back then.

Anyways, when he popped - he admitted he cheated his whole career. He stated he has taken the same supplements his entire career.
They were.

No he didn't. Unknowingly taking contaminated supplements is not an admission of cheating. Unless he knew they contained steroids he is not guilty of cheating.

Like, I get that an accidental offense still has to be punished because everyone would turn up with "accidental offenses" if that were the case... however when it comes to compiling the severity of a 2nd offense, how much does that first "accidental offense" effect the duration of the new one?

Anderson Silva's second offence (the recent one) was determined by USADA to be non-intentional. (And just non-intentional, not reckless, or careless or anything else unlike Jones first positive)

They still doubled his penalty

The Anderson Silva decision bodes very badly for Jon

<TrumpWrong1>
Fact: His test for the Gus fight came back clean.

his fight night test for the gus fight was sent to a shitty lab that couldnt detect steroids if you poured them into the machine..

we know from the Silva case how shit quest diagnostics are... Nevada sent samples to both SMRTL (wada accredited lab) and Quest.. quest ones came back clean..

They were.

No he didn't. Unknowingly taking contaminated supplements is not an admission of cheating. Unless he knew they contained steroids he is not guilty of cheating.
You believe he unknowingly took steroids?
<{anton}>

But what was the official verdict? Was it a mistake or wasn't it?

Why did he get the full sentence? Was it because he has all ready served it by the time they worked it all out? I don't recall the detailz.

basically because he took a pill, from a box marked "for research purposes only - not for human consumption" that had been bought from a site selling steroids (the box was also crushed so some of the pills had broken open, were covered in powder etc)

So rightfully, they determined that even if it was unintentional it was negligent and he was completely at fault.

his fight night test for the gus fight was sent to a shitty lab that couldnt detect steroids if you poured them into the machine..

we know from the Silva case how shit quest diagnostics are... Nevada sent samples to both SMRTL (wada accredited lab) and Quest.. quest ones came back clean..
Poor testing methods used around the time of the Gus fight does not mean Jones was on steroids for that fight.

As alwayz... thank you for your thorough response.

Turinabol 10 by UFC Pharma
lol... WTF.... I'm assuming "UFC" stands for something else?
Natural Strength Advanced Anabolic Technology by Xcel Sports Nutrition – unsurprisingly contains numerous “anabolic’s”
Natural indeed! haha....

to get a 75% reduction in his penalty (from a starting point of 4 years for second offence), he would need to not only find a contaminated supplement but it would also need to be a supplement not deemed "high-risk"

Seemz to me like the one year is out. What are the options for less than 4 years. Seems like he's just grabbing air to try & at least make a case for a reduced sentence since he can't prove his innocence. What do you think are his possibilities of less than 4 years? and how many years are you reckoning?

basically because he took a pill, from a box marked "for research purposes only - not for human consumption" that had been bought from a site selling steroids (the box was also crushed so some of the pills had broken open, were covered in powder etc)

So rightfully, they determined that even if it was unintentional it was negligent and he was completely at fault.
{<jordan}

So was it ever declared unintentional like so many are saying or did they just never touch that since the neglect was so prevalent?

Okay, so all these people saying he was declared "unintentional" & was innocent the whole time are unfounded in reality from what I'm hearing.

What is your down to earth & non-official point of view on this? To me it looks like that whole thing waz a smoke screen that he used as an excuse yeah?

Poor testing methods used around the time of the Gus fight does not mean Jones was on steroids for that fight.
no, but equally passing a fight night drug test in those times means very little. (for any fighter)

{<jordan}

So was it ever declared unintentional like so many are saying or did they just never touch that since the neglect was so prevalent?

Okay, so all these people saying he was declared "unintentional" & was innocent the whole time are unfounded in reality from what I'm hearing.

What is your down to earth & non-official point of view on this? To me it looks like that whole thing waz a smoke screen that he used as an excuse yeah?

officially per the arbitrators it was unintentional but reckless

per usada's legal council the whole story was "contrived" and "co-ordinated"

my personal opiion is that it was intentional, he was post cycling, and the whole dick pill story was a fabrication

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back