Potential sexual harassment allegation. Put in my 2 weeks wondering if I should even go back.

I heard I was accused of harrasment (inappropriate touching) by a woman supervisor at my job. The company has never brought it up to me, the woman has never said anything about it to me and my boss hasn't mentioned it to me.

I put in my two weeks and my boss and the assistant manager verbally accepted my resignation. Would you guys continue to work there for the remaining 2 weeks if you were in my shoes? I believe they were about to fire me for this accusation. The female supervisor was acting like she couldn't be around me anymore. I didn't sign anything saying I was quitting so it was all verbal so far.

Even with an accusation and no evidence, you're still screwed.

Walk away and never go back... unless you need to clean stuff out of your desk.

Yeah I hope your right man. They said they will try to find a replacement before the 2 weeks is up. Chef is a pretty cool guy I don't think he would do anything to hurt me at this point. Go Kings.
Are you on drugs?
Im not even talking shit but this sounds like the paranoid delusions of a tweaker

I dont know what kind of company you work for but 2 months is a pretty long time for a business to sit on a sexual harassment claim without any action, you may be imagining some of this

Yeah I hope your right man. They said they will try to find a replacement before the 2 weeks is up. Chef is a pretty cool guy I don't think he would do anything to hurt me at this point. Go Kings.
Why don’t you just say well sorry i didn’t mean this it something that can happen if you guys are all squeezed l, defend yourself for fuck sake

Even with an accusation and no evidence, you're still screwed.

Walk away and never go back... unless you need to clean stuff out of your desk.
I was seriously contemplating it. I haven't been accused of anything by the company, but who knows maybe they will formally accuse me to make her happy, she is a supervisor. Maybe she doesn't want me to get away Un blemished.

Even if you’re innocent, you’re toasted anyway. Words get around and people at work will see you differently. I’d quit too.
Yep. That is why my anxiety level is so high. I have seen the change in people recently. It is noticable.

I have done investigations into these sort of allegations and there are a few things you should know.
1. They will talk to you and get your side of the story.
2. If these accusations are a pattern it will make you look very bad but youre not doomed.
3. Don't admit anything and dont tell anyone about the accidental butt touch just pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.
4. Be a model employee afterwards and dont get too friendly with any male or female
5. Its really hard to fire someone for cause and less hard to fire someone for no reason, if that makes any sense.

Yep. That is why my anxiety level is so high. I have seen the change in people recently. It is noticable.

I’m not saying you’re wrong - you might be spot on with your perceptions, however, you could also be anxious and paranoid, making people react differently to you because your attitude has changed.

I’m not close to the situation so I have no way of knowing, but if you feel anxiety on a regular basis there is help out there.

Are you on drugs?
Im not even talking shit but this sounds like the paranoid delusions of a tweaker

I dont know what kind of company you work for but 2 months is a pretty long time for a business to sit on a sexual harassment claim without any action, you may be imagining some of this
Had a male coworker hug a female coworker and kissed her on the cheek. She didn't like it and told him to stop and he gave her some BS answer. This was all caught on security camera. She went to HR and the individual was fired a week later.

This dude putting in his two weeks just screams guilt

I have done investigations into these sort of allegations and there are a few things you should know.
1. They will talk to you and get your side of the story.
2. If these accusations are a pattern it will make you look very bad but youre not doomed.
3. Don't admit anything and dont tell anyone about the accidental butt touch just pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.
4. Be a model employee afterwards and dont get too friendly with any male or female
5. Its really hard to fire someone for cause and less hard to fire someone for no reason, if that makes any sense.
Thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate it.

I'm extremely paranoid about it. I've had people acting wierd to me all week, people staring at me and whispering. I think they asked other women if it has happened to them and cat is out of the bag. My anxiety level is so high.

You should have continued, and waited it out, or made an enquiry about accusations.

By quitting in the way you did, you've basically marked yourself as 100% guilty.

If you're innocent, then good luck, I'd make some kind of effort to clear your name before you leave.

You think there's even a remote chance in hell that he will be believed over a woman?

So what if he's believed, at least stand up and proclaim your innocence, at least it will leave some form of doubt in people's minds, by just leaving, he's admitting guilt.

It's a small world, and these accusations could follow him to other jobs. He should speak up.

Thanks for the detailed response. I appreciate it.
If you have yet to give a statement I doubt the bosses are spending all this time gathering evidence just so they can fire you. Youre most likely overthinking this but it is something to keep in the back of your head. Dont let false accusations that may never have even been stated against you hurt you. I had an employee who was a real creep and he followed a girl out to her can and smacked her ass. We did the whole investigation with him and her and her mother (holy shit) and he didnt get fired we just separated them completly and totally and told him not to speak to her again and kind of gave him and undeserved out. We totally believed her but we didnt have evidence and this was his first documented instance. If it were to happen again he would be fired.

Who told you about it? How did you find out?

Also, is your job role flipping burgers at In n Out, judging by your location?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back