*** Power Slap Championship Discussion MEGA THREAD ***Power Slap 7 Friday April 12 9pm EST

Do you love or hate Power Slap (Fighting)?

• Total voters
I don’t think that’s reflective of true “paid” interest.

Why don’t they put a show in a stadium and sell high-priced tickets if there is so much interest?

They’ve got the attention of slack-jawed yokels willing to click play and watch a slap KO in under a minute, but converting that into ticket sales or streaming purchase sales seems highly unlikely.

If you put any of this shit behind a pay-wall it dies.
It is also not 250 million human beings, and I would be interested to know how many different human beings have actually viewed that short.

Lmao, I can't believe 'Genius Businessman' Dana White is listening to the fucking grifting far-right 'alternative' media platforms lol. It still boggles my mind he takes numbers from rumble tv to mean anything.

Nobody works in views lol

They work in likes and tangible interactions haha

Say what you want fam but Power Slap had the most powerful people on the internet there his words not mine fam just the messenger

Mans even had Tom Brady rollin' through they was only doin' VIP packages so you know mans dropped some cash like the saying goes fam "The club is full of ballers and their pockets full grown" 💰🤑

Lmao, I can't believe 'Genius Businessman' Dana White is listening to the fucking grifting far-right 'alternative' media platforms lol. It still boggles my mind he takes numbers from rumble tv to mean anything.
He's an out of touch old fart who has an assistant to handle his social media. He should ask that assistant to explain social media metrics to him, and possibly how embarrassing he is.

I came across one of their Youtube shorts the other day, I kid you not it had 250 million views.

It's a complete embarrassment, but what else are these people going to do? They aren't saving or investing, they won't be able to retire, so fuck it.

I hate it but it's kind of smart because any bum off the street can do it. An endless source of entertaining KO's and since these guys aren't skilled you can pay them pennies and nobody is going to care. Make the necessary sacrifices now, so your kids aren't doing Power Slap in 20 years <45>
Just sell a kidney to the black market or some shit like that, it's less humiliating, less time consuming, and probably still gives you a better life expectancy

Say what you want fam but Power Slap had the most powerful people on the internet there his words not mine fam just the messenger

Mans even had Tom Brady rollin' through they was only doin' VIP packages so you know mans dropped some cash like the saying goes fam "The club is full of ballers and their pockets full grown" 💰🤑

Honestly, I thought Chatri was the one associated with unprofitable junk stats, but whatever.

To be fair, good luck to them, it's perfect for social media reels that people can view while taking a shit without giving a damn what they're watching, it's probably not perfect for a massively profitable sport with the potential to grow a serious audience.

But then, Dana is the guy that said UFC was neck and neck with soccer, so sometimes he just says silly things for attention.

White, the Fertittas and Lamicella are making plans to expand Power Slap, including taking the event on the road and starting to sell tickets, like they did at the Durango event. They’ve signed new partners such as Fanatics and worked with Zynga Games to create a mobile game that has now been downloaded more than 7 million times. A host of states now allow Power Slap to be bet on legally.

White boldly thinks Power Slap will one day be bigger than UFC because it’s easier to understand and to participate in than MMA. Through six events so far, Power Slap is getting anywhere from 85,000 to 195,000 peak, live concurrent viewers on Rumble, according to Lamicella. An email from Rumble listed a Power Slap event as its No. 4 most-viewed video
stream of 2023.

Dana needs to do more promos.
(Not with his wife, of course.)

It is also not 250 million human beings, and I would be interested to know how many different human beings have actually viewed that short.

Yeah for sure there are a ton of bots involved, that advertiser fraud is rampant on streaming platforms.

But let's say it was even one million human beings - how many of those would be willing to pay $50 to watch a Power Slap event? How many would be willing to buy a ticket and drive/fly hours to watch?

I'm sure there is somewhat of a fan-base willing to pay, but my gut tells me it's so small and relatively insignificant that it's beyond laughable.

The popularity of Powerslap is a testament to the current prevalence of degeneracy and trash culture.

It was much classier in my day with extreme wrestling, midgets fighting on Jerry Springer, and Heil Honey I'm Home, a sitcom about Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun living next door to a Jewish couple (genuine TV show, BTW).

He really does hold all of us in contempt.

Dana clearly has a bona fide belief that powerslap has the potential to become popular and profitable. Everything he says is bluster in service of trying to drum up attention and popularity. But is he obviously wrong that it will one day become popular and profitable?

His thesis may be that the Tiktok generation is generally stupid and have short attention spans, and therefore they will love powerslap. Maybe his thesis is correct.

Powerslap is objectively stupid, and anyone involved in it (including people who watch it) deserve our contempt. Dana banking on the population being stupid enough to enjoy Powerslap is a gamble, but he's not obviously wrong.

The grand irony of the situation is I imagine that the way I view Powerslap is the way most outsiders viewed MMA 25 years ago.

It's true. No giant manbabies accidentally participate in MMA against their wife, but...

The grand irony of the situation is I imagine that the way I view Powerslap is the way most outsiders viewed MMA 25 years ago.

the difference is your perspective doesn't change when you're an insider: there is no hidden skillset that you suddenly appreciate as a real sport.

I came across one of their Youtube shorts the other day, I kid you not it had 250 million views.

I would absolutely expect Dana and crew to be the kind to hire someone to create 250 million views from bots. In fact I cannot imagine that they would not do this.

It's probably why he's going on and on about "social media exposure" being the highest of any sport, beating all other sports combined, and other falsehoods. Social media numbers are all they can point to, and they paid for them.

It was much classier in my day with extreme wrestling, midgets fighting on Jerry Springer, and Heil Honey I'm Home, a sitcom about Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun living next door to a Jewish couple (genuine TV show, BTW).
lol Yeah, I grew up in the 70s and 80s, so I'm familiar with the genre. I think this is a different level of trashy; it's far less redeeming than any of those examples.

There is something especially revolting about an exercise in pure sadism like this- standing still while someone concusses you.

I'll take an episode of Springer any day over that; a few of them were actually funny.

lol Yeah, I grew up in the 70s and 80s, so I'm familiar with the genre. I think this is a different level of trashy; it's far less redeeming than any of those examples.

There is something especially revolting about an exercise in pure sadism like this- standing still while someone concusses you.

I'll take an episode of Springer any day over that; a few of them were actually funny.

Yeah, agreed.

It would be a sad state of affairs if watching a video of someone slapping someone else was perceived as 'funny', hence having a redeeming feature.

Back