*** Power Slap Championship Discussion MEGA THREAD ***Power Slap 7 Friday April 12 9pm EST

Do you love or hate Power Slap (Fighting)?

• Total voters
Power slap is a disgrace, Dana being associated with it is an embarrassment to martial arts , but then most of what Dana says in an embarrassment
Agreed.
its crap and the same thing happens in every event. There is only so much that can happen, a slap and then on to the next bout. There is no variety and it will get boring and stale real quick. It was stale and boring after the first few.

At least in UFC there is a huge variety in every fight and so many different outcomes that can happen.

There is no skill and talent involved, I guarantee if you got 100 strong guys off the street, physically strong adult men and put them all on there with the current roster you would get all mixed results, it will be random wins and losses. Its no art.

Dana acting like he created the UFC... "early days"

Nah, he convinced his Mafia Friends to buy a product that had already established itself.

Lorenzo just happened to be the commissioner of the Nevada State Athletic Commission and voted against sanctioning UFC in Nevada...so the UFC pretty much hit a dead end.

Then Zuffa bought the UFC and got it sanctioned.

By the time Dana had his "early days" in the UFC, which was UFC 30 - Tito Ortiz was already LHW Champ, Randy Couture was already HW Champ... Dana already had stars in his 'early days'
Right, and the rules that the SEG UFC had put in place were mostly what we have now BEFORE the UFC bought the company. SEG had already made it into a sport to appease critics; they just didn't have the Wise Guy help that Dana did.

Right, and the rules that the SEG UFC had put in place were mostly what we have now BEFORE the UFC bought the company. SEG had already made it into a sport to appease critics; they just didn't have the Wise Guy help that Dana did.
The early days are very underrated on here, mostly because people were not watching and only got into UFC in last 10 years. They think the old UFC guys are clueless, which couldn't be further from the truth

Dan Severn is a billion skill levels above the UFC HWs in 2024, they are dreadful for the most part. Severn beat sooooooooooo many guys that went on to fight in UFC in Zuffa era, lots of them including world champions.. he tapped them all like a fool. Nowhere near his skill and talent level.

It always used to make me laugh and chuckle when Dana and Rogan would go on this same nonsense that "UFC HW division is the best its ever been" they always say that every year lol.. it used to make me laugh knowing that Severn beat the snot out of all of them on the roster at that time. They couldn't land nothing on him on the regional MMA scene before they were signed by UFC, they were on the floor in seconds and tapping

Translation:

There's no shortage of bums willing to get a concussion for peanuts and bragging rights, and no shortage of idiots out there willing to watch it. I will exploit both to make a quick buck. See you Friday night, peasants!

The early days are very underrated on here, mostly because people were not watching and only got into UFC in last 10 years. They think the old UFC guys are clueless, which couldn't be further from the truth

Dan Severn is a billion skill levels above the UFC HWs in 2024, they are dreadful for the most part. Severn beat sooooooooooo many guys that went on to fight in UFC in Zuffa era, lots of them including world champions.. he tapped them all like a fool. Nowhere near his skill and talent level.

It always used to make me laugh and chuckle when Dana and Rogan would go on this same nonsense that "UFC HW division is the best its ever been" they always say that every year lol.. it used to make me laugh knowing that Severn beat the snot out of all of them on the roster at that time. They couldn't land nothing on him on the regional MMA scene before they were signed by UFC, they were on the floor in seconds and tapping

I'm not going as 'all in' as you are here, but Aleksei Oleinik is a great example of what you're talking about with Dan Severn.

Oleinik was cool as fuck and a proper throwback given he was an old plodding dinosaur with a very specific skill set.

He walked into the UFC after an incredibly long career as a 37 year old (approx) and tapped guys like Travis Browne, Mark Hunt, beat Fabricio Werdum, and was still threatening to tap people as a 44 year old with 3 minutes of cardio.

Now whether that means guys like Severn/Oleinik are the bomb or if it means the UFC's heavyweight division kinda sucks is up to the individual, I guess.

But yeah.

Journeymen veterans with a high level of skill in a specific area are/were/always have been nightmares for UFC heavyweights.

In 2209, Dana said that the UFC will be the biggest sport in the world by 2020?

In 2012, Dana said that MMA will become more popular than football/soccer.

In 2011, Dana said that women will never compete in the UFC.

In 2020, Dana said the UFC would buy an island and hold events there.

Shall we go on about the pillar of honesty's track record?

Said that Zuffa would continue to operate both Pride and Strikeforce along with the UFC at the same time.

Said that the Reebok deal would be good for fighters and that they would get all of the money from the deal.

Said that McGregor and Mayweather wasn't happening.

Said that the UFC was not for sale.

Said that he and the UFC have lobbied the NSAC to get Jones' DQ loss overturned.

Said that fighters who "didn't want to be here were free to leave".

We can keep going on, but what's the point? The idiot UFC shills will still just rush here to defend him anyways, despite an overwhelming amount of cases where the fathead has proven himself full of shit time and time again. Why anyone would believe anything he says is baffling.

I'm not going as 'all in' as you are here, but Aleksei Oleinik is a great example of what you're talking about with Dan Severn.

Oleinik was cool as fuck and a proper throwback given he was an old plodding dinosaur with a very specific skill set.

He walked into the UFC after an incredibly long career as a 37 year old (approx) and tapped guys like Travis Browne, Mark Hunt, beat Fabricio Werdum, and was still threatening to tap people as a 44 year old with 3 minutes of cardio.

Now whether that means guys like Severn/Oleinik are the bomb or if it means the UFC's heavyweight division kinda sucks is up to the individual, I guess.

But yeah.

Journeymen veterans with a high level of skill in a specific area are/were/always have been nightmares for UFC heavyweights.
Very true, totally agree Siver.. and good point about Oleinik. I don't deny that the lighter weightclasses have got better in UFC, no question about it, especially divisions like BW and FW.. its much better. But I honestly think HW and LHW have gone backwards badly

Lets look at the next card, the main event is Rozenstriuk, I am so confident that younger Severn would tap him quick, he would just turtle up on the floor and won't know what to do, he's just crap. I'm sorry but every time it goes to the ground all he does is turtle up, he just doesn't have a clue what to do. I'm not impressed

The thing about Severn and Oleinik is they are master grapplers, they have incredible ground game and its so lacking in UFC HW. Severn took about 8 or 9 flush punches in over 120 MMA fights, no one could land much. He was a world class wrestler and had lots of experience, and this so called new breed of HW don't do nothing for me, I'm not seeing anything. No one can finish Arlovski who is 45 in a few weeks.. he goes to decision every single fight, its embarrassing.

Very true, totally agree Siver.. and good point about Oleinik. I don't deny that the lighter weightclasses have got better in UFC, no question about it, especially divisions like BW and FW.. its much better. But I honestly think HW and LHW have gone backwards badly

Lets look at the next card, the main event is Rozenstriuk, I am so confident that younger Severn would tap him quick, he would just turtle up on the floor and won't know what to do, he's just crap. I'm sorry but every time it goes to the ground all he does is turtle up, he just doesn't have a clue what to do. I'm not impressed

The thing about Severn and Oleinik is they are master grapplers, they have incredible ground game and its so lacking in UFC HW. Severn took about 8 or 9 flush punches in over 120 MMA fights, no one could land much. He was a world class wrestler and had lots of experience, and this so called new breed of HW don't do nothing for me, I'm not seeing anything. No one can finish Arlovski who is 45 in a few weeks.. he goes to decision every single fight, its embarrassing.

Yeah, Arlovski is another good example. He was a renowned 'chinny' heavyweight at one point, and reinvented himself as an elusive points fighter - with tremendous success. He out-boxed a bunch of right hook Harry's, including some of the more mobile heavyweights.

That said, I think guys like Aspinall are genuinely top calibre. That Jones did what he did to Ciryl Gane, though, shows what a massive gap there is between 'high level UFC' and 'elite level combat sports athlete'. Gane had nothing, he looked like he had a black belt in boxercise.

There are some guys in the UFC 205 and HW division that are genuine monsters, but quite a few are fodder as you say.

Yeah, Arlovski is another good example. He was a renowned 'chinny' heavyweight at one point, and reinvented himself as an elusive points fighter - with tremendous success. He out-boxed a bunch of right hook Harry's, including some of the more mobile heavyweights.

That said, I think guys like Aspinall are genuinely top calibre. That Jones did what he did to Ciryl Gane, though, shows what a massive gap there is between 'high level UFC' and 'elite level combat sports athlete'. Gane had nothing, he looked like he had a black belt in boxercise.

There are some guys in the UFC 205 and HW division that are genuine monsters, but quite a few are fodder as you say.
Yeah good point about Aspinall, he does look good and he is very fast for HW, I do think he has good skill and talent. But its few and far between in the division

hahaha I just wanted to faint when they were giving Chris Daukaus main event fights, I didn't know wether to laugh or cry. How can they sell this as the best HW has ever been lol. Daukaus was closing his eyes when he was throwing punches, thats usually what people do either if they are scared or they are total Amatuers. Couldn't wait for it to be over lol :D :D

The popularity of Powerslap is a testament to the current prevalence of degeneracy and trash culture.
It's not popular.... Kids watching it on tik Tok isn't the same as paid drawing interest.

You guys are morons powerslap is a meme not a legit draw

<Wendy01>
IT'S ACCESSIBLE !

giphy.gif

drift-bike.gif

tumblr_mu10sr5zMI1ql56ddo1_500.gif

running-in-circles

bike.gif

fat-guys-fight-fat-fight.gif

7e590a6504a95f165abf09264e38637f.jpg

GxkS.gif

eu5K3y.gif

104410219-AP_17034561978611r.jpg

Not sure I'd use Severn as a benchmark for HW skill/integrity considering the amount of worked fights on his record. Sure he was a pioneer and an early participant, I won't take that from him. But there are a few really shameful things he's engaged in.

It's not popular.... Kids watching it on tik Tok isn't the same as paid drawing interest.

You guys are morons powerslap is a meme not a legit draw
Wow, thanks for sharing that with me! I don't know what I would do without high-level Joes like you; I'd never learn anything. Tell me more about this profound bit of knowledge you allude to- I await with bated breath.

This is Underpants Gnomes stuff.

Views mean very little in social media metrics because they can easily be manipulated. Advertisers know this, and do not base their business model on views.

For context, a Youtube short with 250 million "views" pays the creator about 15 grand. A billion views sounds like a lot, and in context it can be. But it is not accurate to say that views = ads = huge money.

Where you getting those numbers from?

"You can expect to make up to $6 per 1,000 views. This means that your estimated earnings would be $1,200 to $6,000 for every million views on the videos you post."

Last edited:
Where you getting those numbers from?

View attachment 1031810

I am talking about YouTube shorts, not popular YouTube channels with millions of subscribers and long form content with ads.

Back