*** Power Slap Championship Discussion MEGA THREAD ***Power Slap 7 Friday April 12 9pm EST

Do you love or hate Power Slap (Fighting)?

• Total voters
Whats with this "easier to understand", its fighting, anyone can understand MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, MT or whatever...what i cant understand is how could you make a career in Power Slap if you are at the fate of a coin toss...loss a few of those in a row and you will lose a similar amount of matches if not the same number, PowerSlap is nothing more than an internet fad, made for reel size videos.

Last edited:
Heil Honey I'm Home, a sitcom about Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun living next door to a Jewish couple (genuine TV show, BTW).
Holy Smokes! I had never heard of this! I'm gonna watch that shit right this minute! Thanks Shermano.

power slap is unironically great though
stupid and/or autistic people (aka redditors) dont get the 2nd and 3rd degree humor in it

I would absolutely expect Dana and crew to be the kind to hire someone to create 250 million views from bots. In fact I cannot imagine that they would not do this.

It's probably why he's going on and on about "social media exposure" being the highest of any sport, beating all other sports combined, and other falsehoods. Social media numbers are all they can point to, and they paid for them.
The number is at 268 million now, it's so absurdly high I had some similar thoughts.

People really love their violence in short 30-60 second clips I guess <45>

Genuinely though, can you KO a man with just an open hand slap? I think you need to do a slight palm strike or bluntly him them on the face to get a KO. The rules have to be terrible and fairly inconsistent in Power Slap, subjecting yourself to that is crazy. These guys are getting brutally KO'd by palm strikes in every clip I've seen. Even if your KO'd by a foul, the KO clip will still make the rounds and nobody cares smh.

Its too complicated for next generation

It's not the right time to be sober
Now, the idiots have taken over
Spreading like a social cancer, is there an answer?
Mensa membership conceding
Tell me why and how are all the stupid people breeding?
Watson, it's really elementary
Industrial revolution
Has flipped the bitch on evolution
The benevolent and wise are being thwarted, ostracized
What a bummer
The world keeps getting dumber
Insensitivity is standard
And faith is being fancied over reason
Darwin's rolling over in his coffin
The fittest are surviving much less often
Now, everything seems to be reversing, and it's worsening
Someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool
Now, angry mob mentality is no longer the exception, it's the rule
And I'm startin' to feel a lot like Charlton Heston
Stranded on a primate planet

Dana acting like he created the UFC... "early days"

Nah, he convinced his Mafia Friends to buy a product that had already established itself.

Lorenzo just happened to be the commissioner of the Nevada State Athletic Commission and voted against sanctioning UFC in Nevada...so the UFC pretty much hit a dead end.

Then Zuffa bought the UFC and got it sanctioned.

By the time Dana had his "early days" in the UFC, which was UFC 30 - Tito Ortiz was already LHW Champ, Randy Couture was already HW Champ... Dana already had stars in his 'early days'

'I could not give a shit what the rest of the world thinks'... well, it kind of matters, at least a percentage, otherwise how do you expect to have it valued at 18bn or it be bigger than UFC, if nobody likes or is watching it. I'm not saying nobody is, obviously some are, but it doesn't seem to be growing and I never see a fight fan excited or interested, just casually, and it's about as accessible as it gets - as he's implying - therefore you'd think you'd see tons of people like 'this is awesome!', all I see is people mocking it.

Views = ads, which is huge money.
This is Underpants Gnomes stuff.

Views mean very little in social media metrics because they can easily be manipulated. Advertisers know this, and do not base their business model on views.

For context, a Youtube short with 250 million "views" pays the creator about 15 grand. A billion views sounds like a lot, and in context it can be. But it is not accurate to say that views = ads = huge money.

Views mean very little in social media metrics because they can easily be manipulated. Advertisers know this, and do not base their business model on views.

For context, a Youtube short with 250 million "views" pays the creator about 15 grand. A billion views sounds like a lot, and in context it can be. But it is not accurate to say that views = ads = huge money.

No idea what you mean by Underpants Gnomes or whatever, but alright lol.

I thought 250 million views would get you a lot more than 15k, but I guess not.

Claima White reckons the business is worth $450 million.

Genuinely dude claimed that.

Back