PPV buyrates per defending champion

Wouldn't an average be better for comparison purposes?

An average and also include any time the fighter headlined a PPV, not just if the title was on the line.

holy fuck i thought chael was blowing smoke. he was sayin the first time he had gsp on his show was by far the highest numbers hes ever seen.

Gsp brings the fuckin noise

I don't even think that GSP number includes UFC 100 which was 1.6 million buys. GSP co-main'ed that event.

Because it's a lot more work. Not a Conor hate thread, we know he'd be at the top.

You've done most of it already, it wouldn't be too much extra to add in the rest, way too biased like this.

e.g. Rashad VS Rampage did over a million which shows their star power without a belt on the line but it's not counted here.

You've done most of it already, it wouldn't be too much extra to add in the rest, way too biased like this.

e.g. Rashad VS Rampage did over a million which shows their star power without a belt on the line but it's not counted here.

Eh, not really. Would have to do every challenger, every non-title main event, add to each champion when they challenged and that's a ton more. This took a good amount of time as it is. Maybe one day.

I fail to see how it is biased, as I clearly state it is defending champions only and also it doesn't necessarily reflect who was the main attraction. Even if you did all main events it still would be skewed, since sometimes a fighter is only getting a lot of buys because of their opponent or the card being huge. For example no way Nunes sold a 2 million ppvs herself, but due to main eventing 200 and facing Rousey, she did under this formula. She obviously wasn't the draw on either cards.

Truth is there is no perfect way to reflect who sold the most, I just thought some people would find this to be interesting, flawed though it might be.

Back