Prayers to Joe Riggs and his family

know there are times when alot of MMA fans are cruel to each other and we are quick to tell each other how much we suck. I can honestly say i am impressed with the way the sherdogers have shown their support for riggs. I have not seen any stupid posts on here saying anything ridiculous. I cannot imagine what he is going through right now , it must be the most insane pain imaginable.

If anyone out there has contacts to the ufc or if they want to email the ufc through their website please email them and advise them that at the next event on spike tv (so the most peolpe can see it) to give an adress for some kind of fund to help the guy out. I know that no amount of money is going to ease his pain, but it can show that the fans care. He got in the octagon for the fans first and i think it would be great to show some respect and show him we appreciate it.

The reason I want to see the adress for a fund on the UFC is so i will know it is a legit fund. As horrible as it is there are some who will take advantage of tragedy and i will not send anything to someone on sherdog claiming they are collecting money from him.

If someone out there has more contact with fighters or Dana White than i do please make this happen.

If some fans or haters are saying tasteless things about a sad set of events in Riggs's life, that is just pathetic. Hope all works out for Diesel Joe.

Man,I hate to hear that I have a little boy who is 3 a little girl who will be 2 on 1\31\07 and a Wife,I can't imagine losing any of them.

Lethal_Striker said:
Source: Cindy Ortiz

Joe Riggs had to pull out of UFN 7 (Shamrock VS Ortiz) and some MMA message boards have comments posted that are quite insensitive surrounding his decision.

Joe buried his baby girl last month and his wife was rushed into emergency surgery this evening, according to one of his friends who posted a message from Joe on the mma.tv board.

Whether you are a fan of Joe's or not, he and his family sure could use our thoughts and prayers at this time. Thanks...

Cindy
man that really must hurt inside i wish him the best and i hop ehe comes back to the game soon

book2455 said:
know there are times when alot of MMA fans are cruel to each other and we are quick to tell each other how much we suck. I can honestly say i am impressed with the way the sherdogers have shown their support for riggs. I have not seen any stupid posts on here saying anything ridiculous. I cannot imagine what he is going through right now , it must be the most insane pain imaginable.

If anyone out there has contacts to the ufc or if they want to email the ufc through their website please email them and advise them that at the next event on spike tv (so the most peolpe can see it) to give an adress for some kind of fund to help the guy out. I know that no amount of money is going to ease his pain, but it can show that the fans care. He got in the octagon for the fans first and i think it would be great to show some respect and show him we appreciate it.

The reason I want to see the adress for a fund on the UFC is so i will know it is a legit fund. As horrible as it is there are some who will take advantage of tragedy and i will not send anything to someone on sherdog claiming they are collecting money from him.

If someone out there has more contact with fighters or Dana White than i do please make this happen.

I agree totally. It's sad that we live in a world where some scum bag would exploit a situation like this for personal gain.

As a father of 2 small boys, my heart & prayers goes out to Joe & his wife.

If anyone knows how to get with the UFC & get a fund set up. I would gladly send the guy some money.

Doesn't Sam Hogar still come on the forum some? Maybe he could mention this to Dana & the guys who make the decisions.

I am not a fan of Joe Riggs the fighter, but when something like this happens, it is just too sad to hear about, I could not imagine burying my two year old little girl or my two month old son, hopefully through time Joe and his family can learn to cope with the loss because I feel that is something you never get over you just learn to cope with it and live life, my prayers are with you Joe.

I feel horrible about what hes had to go through! My prayers are with him and his family!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I feel sick. Best wishes to you Joe, and your family.

SHIT!!!! I'm sorry to hear that......... Stay up Joe.... Condolences for your loss.....

Wow, didn't noticed this until now. You have my sympathy Joe. Must be tough to lose a child

My prayers are with you man. I have 3 girls and couldn't imagine losing any of them.

Good luck Joe with everything. You are an exciting fighter and I wish you the best through these trying times. Remember that your fans are always here for you.

joe's probably my favorite fighter in the ufc right now and as much as i love watching him fight, some things are just more important. good luck joe

That is fucking awful for anybody to have to do. Best wished to Diesel. Not a big fan of his anymore but prayers are going out to everyone involved.

Back