Prem Thread 23/24 v18: A Mad Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun game so far. England have more possession, Brazil the better chances.

Gallagher fucking sucks. Get him out, put Bellingham in his spot and Madders in Bellingham's

Russia

Re conspiracies -
  • did Russia plan it - no, makes Russia and Putin look weak and incompetent
  • Ukraine - no, getting caught would sink their ability to get aid, not worth it
  • Islamic terror org - probably. They're always in the mix
Russia may try to spin this into Ukraine war propaganda to avoid having two separate wars operating at the same time. But I doubt they believe Ukraine did this.
Our friend made a valid point. Just saying. This is War room discussion though

Planning a wedding on international break... clever. Also congrats.
Congratulations!!!
T53ki7D.gif

g92brQ3.jpeg
Congrats bud

<RomeroSalute>
Congrats brother. All the blessings to you and the fam. Super proud of how you’ve come along in the near decade on here. 💙
LADDD. Congrats mate! What a lucky girl she is!

42323cb7c1e149bd64b8b5e709d11910.gif

@Da Speeit Congrats Sherbro! Wishing you and your Mrs well as you embark on this next chapter of life and wish a lifetime of happiness to your family! Best 🍀
Thank you gentlemen! Logest friggin day of my heckin' freakin' LIFE

and @Chules that was especially sweet LAD god bless

You, @Carl Drogo and @Jonathan Utah are next up.

@Rawex you are a cunt

He's having a typical McT season with maybe an a few extra goals.

Guy is fine if he's 17th best player in your squad. Clearly nowhere near good enough to be a starter at a club with aspirations of winning big trophies. He's like Fellaini before him.....still not sure what position he plays really. Not a #6. Not a #8. Not a #10.

Guarantee if we sell him he won't be going to Bayern or Barca, let's just say that.

England 0 - Brazil 1

Southgate out. How are you gonna keep Maddison on the bench?

Even on a downswing Brazil's got an assload of talent

Will scrape through to the quarters or semis by beating likes of Denmark or Sweden, then lose 2-1 to the first half decent team we play, and the pundits will continue to laud him as England's greatest citizen, and hopefully he'll get another 2 years.

Will scrape through to the quarters or semis by beating likes of Denmark or Sweden, then lose 2-1 to the first half decent team we play, and the pundits will continue to laud him as England's greatest citizen, and hopefully he'll get another 2 years.
I just don't know what he offers that is so important to English football
What is his philosophy? What are his tactics? National team identity is probably the most important part of INTL play and your only job as a manager is to maximize your best assets. Are the best English players and what they're good at really the focus when England play? It's like they're trying to win a narrative over a dang football match.

You know i've been critical of how overrated I feel England's talent is...but it IS a squad of talented players. So what is Southgate doing to maximize it? I just don't get it. When you have that much talent you shouldn't be married to a manager. England has wasted a generation of under-achievers on a guy who cannot take them forward to the next step.

I just don't know what he offers that is so important to English football
What is his philosophy? What are his tactics? National team identity is probably the most important part of INTL play and your only job as a manager is to maximize your best assets. Are the best English players and what they're good at really the focus when England play? It's like they're trying to win a narrative over a dang football match.

You know i've been critical of how overrated I feel England's talent is...but it IS a squad of talented players. So what is Southgate doing to maximize it? I just don't get it. When you have that much talent you shouldn't be married to a manager. England has wasted a generation of under-achievers on a guy who cannot take them forward to the next step.

He picks a conservative XI and sends them out and asks them to win. I’m sure that’s his only tactical plan.

Like all 3 times England lost in the big championships it was in games which we could have easily won, but he had no idea what to do or how to change things up.

It’s basically we need a goal so I’ll take Kalvin Phillips off for Marcus Rashford and see what happens.

International football is shit and basically a bit of a lottery, but at least give yourself the best possible chance.

Guy will fail with England again, possibly get a half decent job in the Prem (please not United), and within a year make Graham Potter’s spell at Chelsea look like a treble winning team.

Who do you think is overrated at England? Rashford obviously. Can see arguments for Saka and Foden too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back