Prime Cain against Jones

barillas

🔥CHAMA Belt🔥
@Brown
Reaction score
For me this is the only guy in UFC that could've put Jones at risk

I think Junior would have been a more dangerous fight with the power and movement, but in the end he beats them both up in some way/shape/form. DC's wrestling wasn't an issue for Jones so I can't imagine Cain's would be any more a threat.

Jones would beat Cain.

Cain could offer nothing.

Perhaps the only advantage Cain would have is power and even that is questionable.

Why would you ever pick against Jones? Cain and JDS are simply not on his level. Nor have they ever been. Just a different tier of fighter.

Would be a very interesting matchup. Definitely see that going all 5 rounds. It would be a striking battle, the wrestling would cancel out.

I think prime Cains pace would pose alot of problem for Jones but hard to pick a winner.

The pace prime Cain imposed on the fight was unique, you guys must be remembering his shit performances. In his prime the guy brutalized everyone, he was a machine

He basically has beat a Cain mimic in DC twice. I'm not sure Cain vs Jones would look a whole lot different than DC vs Jones. Both just want to push you to the cage, do the dirty work inside, and take you down for some GnP.

I think DC actually had more power than Cain honestly, and Jones did fine with him. If Cain could wrestle the crap out of JDS, I assume Jones would do the same not sure why people are even posing that as a possibility.

Have you seen Aspinall's fights? He throws combinations more accurately and quicker than Cain did. His quickness is genuinely comparable to those of middleweights and welterweights. His cardio has not been tested yet but if it's not as bad as Ngannou's, I have Aspinall as the definitive favorite against Jon. No one Jon has fought matches Aspinall's hand speed. That is a problem considering that Aspinall is 6'5 and weighs 250 pounds.

DC says Prime Cain was better than him. Probably gassing up his boy but I can believe it. That pace he could put on was scary.

Jones is just too good at using his frame though. Just going to be so hard to get inside.

He basically has beat a Cain mimic in DC twice. I'm not sure Cain vs Jones would look a whole lot different than DC vs Jones. Both just want to push you to the cage, do the dirty work inside, and take you down for some GnP.
Almost, Cain was more aggressive, DC paces himself, Velasquez wouldn't stop attacking. Remember the first minutes of the second fight against JDS in which Santos stuffed all takedowns and it looked like Cain had nothing to offer, til his constant attacks overwhelmed Cigano and Cain got a brutal knockdown on him.

Jones in 2019:
“I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.“I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

Jon Fitch: Cain Velasquez beats AKA teammate Daniel Cormier in UFC heavyweight fight

"[Cormier] is not a true heavyweight. He might be 225, 230 soaking wet. He's not a heavyweight. He's so good as an athlete and a fighter that he can get away with beating heavyweights up, but he's not a true heavyweight. Just based on size, you have two guys who are equally skilled, equal work ethic, equal punching power, equal everything, you're going to put your money on the guy who weighs more."

I only see Fedor, Werdum, Cain and JDS at their primes being a menace to Jones

I think Junior would have been a more dangerous fight with the power and movement, but in the end he beats them both up in some way/shape/form. DC's wrestling wasn't an issue for Jones so I can't imagine Cain's would be any more a threat.
Cain used to beat DC in wrestling practice and that was heavyweight DC

I think you'd be surprised. Cain was no joke. Too bad we never got to see that

Why would you ever pick against Jones? Cain and JDS are simply not on his level. Nor have they ever been. Just a different tier of fighter.
They were much less skilled but with better punches. Jones would probably win but they have a chance.

Back