Prime Cain vs. Stipe - Who wins?

The Cain from the 3rd JDS fight vs current Stipe would have me watching with my hands over my eyes half the time (well not really of course) but damn that would have been something!I would have to study footage to make a proper prediction though as I haven't seen Cain fight since the 1800's or so and don't always remember things perfectly since by main event time I would always have a few too many ginger ales.

If I had to pick right now I think Cain would out work him,Stipe was really slow those last few rounds in his last fight.The grind is real.

Caín and i pitty a fool who says other wise!

The Cain from the 3rd JDS fight vs current Stipe would have me watching with my hands over my eyes half the time (well not really of course) but damn that would have been something!I would have to study footage to make a proper prediction though as I haven't seen Cain fight since the 1800's or so and don't always remember things perfectly since by main event time I would always have a few too many ginger ales.

If I had to pick right now I think Cain would out work him,Stipe was really slow those last few rounds in his last fight.The grind is real.

And Stipe was the one grinding so he should have been far better off than Ngannou.

Cain utilizes a lot kicks to the legs which we have seen caused problems for Stipe in the JDS rematch, add his cardio and pressure and I see Cain taking it

Stipe would've ate him up in the early rounds. His boxing is far superior. Cain would have to drag him into deep waters and make him tired. That said, we've seen Cain's cardio doesn't hold up when he is getting his ass kicked.

In case anyone is wondering. Prime Cain occurred briefly between May through October 2013.

Stipe would've ate him up in the early rounds. His boxing is far superior. Cain would have to drag him into deep waters and make him tired. That said, we've seen Cain's cardio doesn't hold up when he is getting his ass kicked.

But it is when he's the asskicker. I think he'd be taking Stipe down and using his TD to GnP, let up, rinse and repeat like he did Kongo.

Pre-injury, sea level, 100%, prime, Cain wins.

I don't think Stipe could handle Cardio Cain's pressure. Sea Level Cain sets the pace and never lets up.

Stipe destroys him, Cain's stand up is overrated and his game always had many holes, he was able to get away with that because he kept fighting the same guys over and over again, but when someone legit came with a new skillset he got outclassed and outworked. Cain beat like 5 or 6 good fighters, Stipe has twice his accomplishments and they're about the same age.
Who's Cain been outclassed by? He gassed against Werdum and lost by flash KO in the first fight against JDS.

At his peak Cain was second only to prime Fedor imho

Fedor>Cain>others

I also think the best JDS>Stipe

Cain is a mad matchup for Stipe

Wtf you talking about. His 2 losses: a bomb from jds at his impressive run (who was then murked by cain himself twice) and that fight against doom. Thats it.

Stipe is a good fighter but average everywhere.

Cain would completely overwhelm him.

I would say prime cain would win 9 out of 10 against stipe

What impressive run ? Kongo, Rothwell, post-Mir BigNog and Lesnar ? Gets bombed by JDS and goes 2xAntonio Silva and 2xJDS. Out of all these guys, only prime JDS contests Stipe and that's a tossup because Stipe went a long way since even their first fight. Yes, Stipe is a horrible matchup for Lesnar.

Pretty much impossible to judge who would win in these prime Stipe vs Prime Cain, or Prime Stipe vs Prime Fedor, or Prime Cain vs Prime Fedor threads.

Everyone is just going to pick their favorite fighter and then act like it's a fact.

The reality is every fight would likely be completely different and they can all easily beat each other on any given night.

Back