Prime Dan Henderson vs Prime Chuck Liddell

OlympicDom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Imo Dan had the better career but Chuck was a little better in his prime.

I say Chuck takes it via 3rd round TKO

205 lbs, 5 round UFC rules

Remember that prime Chuck was known for having one of the best chins in MMA.

I agree dan had the better career. Although chuck had the better title run.

Chuck wins by ko in 2 id say. But idk if chuck has faced power like dan.

Dan was an incredibly hard mofo to finish, while Chucki was good at finishing grapples with really weak striking (not hendo bombs).

Which Chuck ? the one that cant catch Amar, the one Rampage whooped ? Or the guy that beat the like's of Babalu Mezger.

Same Chuck just quality of opponent changed.

My heart says Dan, but during his title run Chuck looked unstoppable. The problem for me is figuring out WHEN was Dan's prime. Some of his best wins came from when he was starting to age.

Decision Dan would lose due to chucks great anti wrestling.

H-Bomb Dan is a different story. Despite Chucks legendary chin, I think he is too hittable, and I think the H-Bomb lands in the 2nd or 3rd. I can see chuck controlling the fight, maybe wobbling Hendo, then lights out.

844077955_small.jpg

Possibly the best fight that never got made. I think Chuck was overall the better fighter at his peak but Hendo is a very tough matchup for him. If I had to pick I think the version of Hendo that could still wrestle would most likely decision Chuck. I just don't see Chuck being able to finish Hendo and Hendo was very good at using his aggressive and durable style to edge out close decisions. I could see Hendo pressuring and outworking Chuck similar to how Couture did, but unlike Couture I can't imagine Hendo getting ktfo by Chuck

Liddell would batter him for 3 rounds, then lose a decision.

Chuck and Hendo fought similarly in that they both relied on landing a huge shot. The thing is, Hendo moved forward, while Chuck moved back and circled setting up his counter, so they would be a good fight to book. So who would win comes down to who can land. Chuck is much bigger. I met him years ago and said he walked around at about 240. He has a crazy long reach. That combined with the fact that Dan is a little reckless with his big punch tell me Chuck would be the one to land.

Prime Hendo loses
TRT Hendo wins

Very tough to say, Chuck was definitely hittable and I could potentially see a youger Hendo wearing him down as well but equally I could see Chuck countering his lunging offence, a finish would be much harder than vs Randy but if Dan is rocked a few times that probably takes the wind out of him first.

it would look like couture vs Liddell (the last 2).

Hendo is a smaller version of couture with a stronger overhand right, which Chuck would've been able to see coming (always been a good counterfighter)

Hendo lands the overhand by coming forward, Chuck only gets caught by counterfighters

Damn good question!
Prime Lidell makes best use of his opportunities and wears down Prime Hendo in a tactical barn burner - 4th round stoppage TKO.
Round1: Lidell and Hendo spend a little time figuring out range, each other's caginess, then start trying to line up bomb and counters. Hendo charges in more, trying for takedowns, gets clipped by Lidell counters. The round ends with Chuck stuffing one or two take down attempts.
Round2: Hendo pressures more, keeps things standing up for a change and the round is alot of close shaves with a wobble on Chuck from a Hendo counter, and Chuck goes to one knee from a Lidell fade away viper hand.
Round3: Hendo pressures - Chuck gets a little more wary, bides his time, stuffs a few more take downs. Round ends with Hendo almost catching Chuck with an HBomb, setup by a fake take down as Hendo switches more gears.
Round4: Hendo tries switching more gears and Chuck plays fade, and stuff repeatedly. Then it happens - Chuck catches Hendo square and good on a fade counter and Hendo goes down. Chuck follows up and Big John has to call it despite Hendo protesting he was about to regain the initiative.

Controversial, close, wouldn't have it any other way. :D

I think Chuck would have won this one,he was quicker,and dan would shuffle himself into one of chucks bolos.

Back