Prime Fedor simply had a level of athleticism that is still unmatched in HW MMA

I’m not arguing whether it was a fine fight to make, I’m saying he didn’t have enough good wins to consider beating him a good win
Right, and I’m trying to explain that no one claims that it is.
Who claims that Rogers is some amazing win?

I count Rogers as a ranked win for Fedor, because it was. I could list a ton of people on Fedor’s resume that I consider better wins than Rogers and I think most Fedor fans would agree.

Right, and I’m trying to explain that no one claims that it is.
Who claims that Rogers is some amazing win?

I count Rogers as a ranked win for Fedor, because it was. I could list a ton of people on Fedor’s resume that I consider better wins than Rogers and I think most Fedor fans would agree.
Fair enough, but you can’t deny there are people who will count him among his notable wins just becuase he beat Arlovski, and then no one else ever

1-So Fedor had onyly an overhand, but managed to outstrike CroCop, Nog, Silvia, Arlovski and Jackson with it...
Hoost and other K-1 greats praised his striking, but you "know better"

2-Fedor outgrappled almsot everyone , has 15 subs, only got subbed by BJJ great in Werdum.
Also, MMA greats like GSP, Jones, AS praised his gg, coaches like Abdulmanap and others also prased him...
but you are talking shit...

3- You clearly are a hater and have very little objectivity.
1. How he managed to outstrike Cro Cop? Is it really that big of a deal? Who did Cro Cop beat, apart from Josh? Kevin knocked him the fuck out and he's not even a striker and technically not a HW. Gonzaga, a BJJ guy, sent Cro Cop to another realm with his own foot shoved up his ass. Nog had a serviceable standup but has never been a great striker. While he faced a lot tougher opposition than Fedor, he had his fair share of matches with Japanese welterweights who were, of course, spectacularly knocked out. Outside of those matches, his striking never looked particularly awesome. Sylvia obviously lost last shred of motivation after losing everything in UFC and only showed up for a paycheck. AA has 12 (T)KO losses on his record and a notoriously weak chin. Jackson... did you even see that fight? It shows why exactly the very notion of Fedor "beating UFC champions" is laughable.

2. He faced a total of 7 BJJ black belts. Which essentially means that only 1 out of every 7 his opponents was competent on the ground. Out of which he won a controversial decision against Arona, beat Nog, Monson and Rizzo. He was absolutely destroyed by Werdum, Silva and Bader. But gotta say that no grappling was involved in the fights with Bader, Monson and Rizzo. That leaves us with one hard-earned decision against Arona, pounding of Nog and absolute destruction at the hands of Werdum and Silva on the ground. How many black belts did Fedor technically outgrapple or submit? Zero. His sub wins are all Mark Hunt-level grapplers. Compare that to someone like Jon Jones who has a nice collection of black belt scalps.

3. I don't think I have less objectivity than those who rank Fedor ahead of Jones, GSP, Silva, Cormier, Werdum or Stipe in the MMA GOAT discussion. Many people here like to worship a Fedor that never truly existed. I want to point out that everything about the Fedor myth is fake – from his ground prowess to his self-righteous religious warrior persona.

I actually have a scenario under which Fedor could've been considered the MMA GOAT.

1. He signs with UFC in 2007 while Couture still is the champion. Couture would be one of the last winnable fights for him in UFC as he would stand no chance against Lesnar, Cain, JDS, Cormier, Werdum or Bigfoot Silva in his prime or otherwise. He stops training in a daycare center and signs with a respectable global camp that has a cage and real coaches and sparring partners at their gym. He turns down shitty acting offers and focuses on plugging holes in his MMA game like never before.
2. He beats Couture for the title and defends it against Sylvia, AA, maybe Frank Mir, maybe Cro Cop, maybe Gonzaga or he might have a superfight with then-LHW champ before Jones comes to the party. Fedor would have to avoid the Lesnar matchup but let's hope he comes up with some religious justification for not wanting that fight.
3. He retires with the belt and we never see the fights with Werdum, Silva, Hendo, Maldonado and others.

Fair enough, but you can’t deny there are people who will count him among his notable wins just becuase he beat Arlovski, and then no one else ever
This will probably come sounding pedantic AF, but what do we mean by “notable”? Like, if I'm listing any decent win Fedor has ever had, I’ll list Rogers, sure. I wouldn’t call him a can, although I agree he’s not really elite either. Like we said, it was a fine fight to make at the time and a fine win, but I’ll bet I could easily list 15 names or more on Fedor’s resume from his initial 2000-2012 run that are better than Rogers, maybe even 20 names, I dunno.

Look at todays HW division and I think someone who was say undefeated against lesser comp and then KOed say Gane in 30 secs, that fighter would be hyped heavily, guys get heavily hyped without a single top level win.

in Rogers case really though its pretty obvious his career fell apart in a Sapp like fashion after Fedor knocked his head off.

Literally ONE good exchange in Rogers' entire career...against a guy with 4 previous ko losses

Rogers was just a big and strong dude with no particular skills or training. The fact that he caused problems to Emeliananenko and TKOed AA while being totally unable to touch anyone else speaks to FE's and AA's deficiencies and not Roger's strengths.

. The explosiveness, speed, the power, the balance and coordination. It's simply on a different level. 2004 Fedor would end any HW that has ever existed Ngannou-Joshua just made this crystal clear in my mind. Ngannou is nowhere as quick and agile as Fedor. The most well rounded HW fighter the sport has ever seen, even 20 years later.

View attachment 1033617
I think Aspinall is pretty athletic himself no lie. The way he moves for a big man is impressive.

I actually have a scenario under which Fedor could've been considered the MMA GOAT.

1. He signs with UFC in 2007 while Couture still is the champion. Couture would be one of the last winnable fights for him in UFC as he would stand no chance against Lesnar, Cain, JDS, Cormier, Werdum or Bigfoot Silva in his prime or otherwise. He stops training in a daycare center and signs with a respectable global camp that has a cage and real coaches and sparring partners at their gym. He turns down shitty acting offers and focuses on plugging holes in his MMA game like never before.
2. He beats Couture for the title and defends it against Sylvia, AA, maybe Frank Mir, maybe Cro Cop, maybe Gonzaga or he might have a superfight with then-LHW champ before Jones comes to the party. Fedor would have to avoid the Lesnar matchup but let's hope he comes up with some religious justification for not wanting that fight.
3. He retires with the belt and we never see the fights with Werdum, Silva, Hendo, Maldonado and others.

Fedor is MMA goat.

Man I must say Brock was probably better. Him hitting frontwards backflips to the other side of the ring and consistently pulling it off during his first Pro Wrestling Run was just crazy to watch. I got to meet Brock once, dudes hands were the size of dinner plates.

I’m not taking away anything from Fedor though, watching him fight is the definition of a truly fearless man, and the power and speed + him being smaller then Brock could probably work towards his advantage in an actual fight.

That being said if I was coaching a team and had both Brock and Fedor to choose from I’d definitely pick Brock first

fedor is what we call genetically gifted

jones depended on ped to enhance himself

big difference.

What I love the most about Fedor was that he wasn't measure and calculated. He just went for broke and threw down right away. He was actively trying to finish you from the jump. No trying to get cheap decision wins.

Would you agree that Greats seek out other greats in combat to test themselves and prove themselves the greatest. We never saw guys like Silva, GSP, Penn, Couture, etc turn down a fight. So could you explain please why Fedor turned down the biggest contracts of his career no less than three times? He fought in Strikeforce so it was not a travelling issue, he fought in Japan so again no travel issues. So why did he turn down the UFC on 3 separate occasions? He would have been in against the best of the best and would have tripled his bank balance. If he was as great as you claim he would have been champ making those PPV points, at his weight he could even have shed some weight to fight at LHW.
The excuse of UFC HWs being too big is flimsy as some of the Jap taxi drivers he fought were huge. He managed to outstrike Crocop, Big Nog, Arlovski yet couldn't outstrike blown up middleweight Dan Henderson, UFC reject Big Foot, Mitrione or Bader. (You see how MMA Matt's has never worked)

Because Fedor has dignity and was not going to be strong armed and bullied by Greedopotamus:

1. How he managed to outstrike Cro Cop? Is it really that big of a deal? Who did Cro Cop beat, apart from Josh? Kevin knocked him the fuck out and he's not even a striker and technically not a HW. Gonzaga, a BJJ guy, sent Cro Cop to another realm with his own foot shoved up his ass. Nog had a serviceable standup but has never been a great striker. While he faced a lot tougher opposition than Fedor, he had his fair share of matches with Japanese welterweights who were, of course, spectacularly knocked out. Outside of those matches, his striking never looked particularly awesome. Sylvia obviously lost last shred of motivation after losing everything in UFC and only showed up for a paycheck. AA has 12 (T)KO losses on his record and a notoriously weak chin. Jackson... did you even see that fight? It shows why exactly the very notion of Fedor "beating UFC champions" is laughable.

2. He faced a total of 7 BJJ black belts. Which essentially means that only 1 out of every 7 his opponents was competent on the ground. Out of which he won a controversial decision against Arona, beat Nog, Monson and Rizzo. He was absolutely destroyed by Werdum, Silva and Bader. But gotta say that no grappling was involved in the fights with Bader, Monson and Rizzo. That leaves us with one hard-earned decision against Arona, pounding of Nog and absolute destruction at the hands of Werdum and Silva on the ground. How many black belts did Fedor technically outgrapple or submit? Zero. His sub wins are all Mark Hunt-level grapplers. Compare that to someone like Jon Jones who has a nice collection of black belt scalps.

3. I don't think I have less objectivity than those who rank Fedor ahead of Jones, GSP, Silva, Cormier, Werdum or Stipe in the MMA GOAT discussion. Many people here like to worship a Fedor that never truly existed. I want to point out that everything about the Fedor myth is fake – from his ground prowess to his self-righteous religious warrior persona.

1- Yes, big deal, CC was K-1 great and beat almost everyone in Pride, Randleman was a fluke he avenged later with sub.
In UFC CC was outta prime.
KOing former UFC champs in Silvia and Arlovski is a big deal.

2- Only 1 legitimate loss is Werdum.
Silva was on TRT and 50+ pounds heavier.
Bader fight was very late Fedor was 45+

3- Let's hear from more competent people than 99% or Sherbros:

edor is the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

-Randy Couture, UFC HW Champion

Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from BJ Penn, those 2 are the best fighters in the world.

-Rampage Jackson, UFC LHW Champion

As far as Fedor, I think that guy is the baddest motherfucker on the planet, that guy's a savage. He's one of those rare HW's that's dangerous on all positions....His submissions are nasty...he can fuck you up from any position.

-Joe Rogan, UFC commentator and BJJ brown belt

When asked who the best pound for pound fighter in the world is in 2008: "Fedor Emelianenko."

- George St. Pierre on INSIDE MMA

Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor Emelianenko.

– Bas Rutten, former King of Pancrase and UFC HW Champion

Probably the best ever lived….he’s a living legend right now and I don’t think there’s a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal. Pound for pound the best in the world

–Diego Sanchez, on hooterandgreenway radio show

"What do I think of Fedor? I think Fedor is a phenomenal fighter. He's extremely well-rounded.... And skill-wise he's probably the top guy in the world right now"

-Big John McCarthy, legendary referee

Fedor is my favorite

-BJ Penn, former UFC Welterweight Champion and BJJworld Champion, NWFS 7/9/06

Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself.

-Brandon Vera

NOBODY wants to fight fedor

-Wanderlei Silva, former Pride MW Champion and GP winner

Our great champion, he is the BEST in the world.

-Josh Barnett, former UFC HW Champion and adcc Champion

He hasn't really ever lost and he's pound-for-pound the best fighter.

-Jeff Monson, ADCC Submission Wrestling World Champion

He is the BEST.

-Mark Coleman, former UFC HW Champion and Pride GP Champion

"...and obviously Fedor"

-Dana White, UFC President on who the best fighter is

The best in the world, no doubt.

-Phil Baroni

Look, I’ve fought many people from around the world, so I’ve seen many strong fighters. But like him, never.

-Renato Sobral

Fedor would be absolutely great in K-1

-Ernesto Hoost, 4-time K-1 World Champion

Fedor is the most incredible fighter you'll ever see.

-Frank Trigg

Fedor is pound-for-pound best in the world.

-Shamada (Pride referee)

The best fighter to climb into ANY areana is Emelianenko Fedor. He is in his own league and you can't compare nobody.

-Kevin Randleman, former UFC HW Champion

He is the best and undefeated... His striking game and his ground game is the best, so that's why he is the best... He is the shit

-Mark Hunt, K-1 World Champion

He’s the total package; looks can be deceiving. He’s incredibly strong, his hips are amazing, probably his best asset. Hard to hold down, hard to do anything with the guy………shit he’s just the best, that’s why he’s the best. He gets in position to throw the big bombs, he throws just as hard on the ground as he does on the feet. That’s why he’s the world Champion.

– Mark Coleman, former UFC Champion and GP winner

He’s the fastest I’ve ever seen. Much faster than Mirko. And he’s got a great reaction. Technically he may not have such a big advantage, but physically he is the fastest heavy guy in MMA history. He tries a punch, misses it, then immediately shoots again, Cro Cop for example didn’t even see them coming. He must practise that a lot, because it’s not easy to improvise that kind of thing. He is really with a good combination of styles, he can go from one art to the other, that’s what makes him different.

– Antonio Rodorigo Nogueira, former Pride Champion

He has a fast eye, good for counter-attacking. And in every fight he shows up with something new under his sleeve. Against Filipovic he used a great clinch-strike combo: he’d go for the uchi-mata, quickly following with a powerful hook.

- Pedro Rizzo

-"Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself."

- Brandon Vera

Chuck Liddell:
'I'll fight anyone, Silva? Yeah sure, Quinton Jackson? Sure, Randy Couture? Sure'

Reporter: 'What about Fedor Emelianenko?'

Chuck Liddell: 'Well if I'll have to...I'll fight him...if I have to'

-"If there's one man I'd ever question fighting, it's him [Fedor]."

- Dan Henderson

-"I was amazed at how good Fedor is... I don't even think he's human.", "I've never been hit that hard before." "This guy is unreal, I don't think anyone's gonna beat him for a while."

- Tim Sylvia

-"Fedor has no equals in Sambo or MMA."

- Aleksander Mikhailin, 3-time World Judo Champion and Fedor's former training partner

Last but not least: “Fedor is a farce.”

- Dana White

prime fedor got nerfed at 32 years old in strikeforce

drug testing ruined him
thats a fact im sure people hate
He tested clean when he fought Coleman in the US and he didn't look or perform any different than he did in his other fights around that time.

Back