Media Prime Johnny Hendricks was a MACHINE!

Sorry always hated dude plus BBoE

MqjUixI.jpg

Those were great fights. The fact Hendricks went 10 full rounds with prime Lawler without getting KO'd says a lot. I think the two Hendricks-Lawler wars and the two Lawler-Rory wars took A LOT out of all three fighters and prematurely aged them.
Absolutely! Well put. I really do like GSP but these fights are the upper echelon of WW fights in the UFC.

People dont appreciate the fighters involved. They literally put their life on the line for our amusement and had fights for eternity.

When I read about what UFC paid McDonald for these fights and no extra bonuses etc and THEN offered him a worse new contract because "he lost" I really would have liked to rip of Danas head. Absolutely disgusting behaviour and a big reason why I dont buy anything UFC related anymore.

Maybe the best WW fights of all time in terms of will to kill on a high level. They all would destroy todays top WWs with ease.

would prime Hendricks beat current costa though?

prime Woodley is a beast though. He can go 5 rounds. don't judge him by the usman fight. He looked deflated and that was demotitvated rapper Woodley.

prime Woodley was the one vs Lawler and wonderboy. Dude was a phenom.

wonderboy actually beat a prime Hendricks. don't forget.

Woodley at his best was one of the scariest fighters of all time.

him vs prime Hendricks would be a war. Woodley with the speed advantage. power is about equal. Hendricks had cardio but peak Woodley can go 5 rounds no problem.

First of all, Wonderboy DID NOT beat a prime Hendricks. Wonderboy beat demotivated Hendricks, who left Team Takedown and surrounded himself with yesmen. failed his business and started dealing with weight issues.

Secondly, no matter when - Woodley ALWAYS folded from pressure. That's what Marquardt did to him in the beginning of a road, that's what Rory did to him - heck, even Shields backed him up with rudimentary striking offense (should've been a draw though).
Woodley is great against patient strikers like Lawler, Wonderboy, he's great against strategists, against game plans, but pressure, aggression makes him feel like a prey. Always

prime Hendricks was a freaking monster

How does prime Johnny stack up vs Colby/Usman?

I say he beats both.

Whenever people say Askren would have been champion in the UFC in his prime, I always see shit like this and think... NOPE

Anderoid nuthuggers are an embarrassment

I think Big Pigg was more affected by the IV ban than USASA drug testing. Same case with Weidman, Rockhold and Barao.

Love Hendricks. Guy was a beast. Although, I do think he lost to GSP. I think they got it right. Check my post history. I’m not a GSP fan girl

First of all, Wonderboy DID NOT beat a prime Hendricks. Wonderboy beat demotivated Hendricks, who left Team Takedown and surrounded himself with yesmen. failed his business and started dealing with weight issues.

Secondly, no matter when - Woodley ALWAYS folded from pressure. That's what Marquardt did to him in the beginning of a road, that's what Rory did to him - heck, even Shields backed him up with rudimentary striking offense (should've been a draw though).
Woodley is great against patient strikers like Lawler, Wonderboy, he's great against strategists, against game plans, but pressure, aggression makes him feel like a prey. Always
honestly sometimes he just doesn't show up. like he says he lost his battery pack rofl. When he is on though, dude is simply a beast.
it would be a war vs Hendricks. I still thinks it's a tossup. Lawler has beaten a prime Hendricks. I don't see why Woodley can't Implement a similar game plan as he is a better fighter than Lawler.

This was an interesting thread from, and for, GSP haters to throw shade while talking about Hendricks.

Johny was fun to watch in the cage when he was on top. And possibly even more fun to watch spiral out of control outside of it. A disappointment as a fan that he faded so quickly, but it was fun while it lasted.

Theyve all been succesful under USADA. Hendricks hasn't.

I've already addressed this. This was due to the IV ban from USADA, not PEDs. Poor self-control with his diet plus the IV ban was the end of Hendricks.

You're a good troll. I guess IVs was what made him go from 220 pounds to 170 pounds in less than 3 months. IV's are one heck of a drug.

Troll? You have some major projection issues, cupcake. It's too bad Sherdog doesn't have an IQ test to filter out the riff raff like yourself on here.

I'd say it's a combination of these things. PEDS, IV ban, aging, eating disorder.

Zero evidence of PEDs. Looking at his body composition and how he put on a large amount of muscle in his mid-30s, it's much more likely Woodley benefitted from PEDs than Hendricks.

Lawler has beaten a prime Hendricks. I don't see why Woodley can't Implement a similar game plan as he is a better fighter than Lawler.

Lawler is now a shell of a shell of himself. Woodley at his best still had terrible habits like large periods of inactivity, backing up against the cage and hoping for a hail mary KO. Look at his fight with Rory or even Shields. Heck, look how much better Hector Lombard did vs. Shields than Tyron did. Yes, Woodley was a champ, but he greatly benefitted from a post-GSP era when the golden age WWs all left or moved past their primes (Hendricks, Lawler, Rory, Shields, Koscheck, Fitch, Condit, etc.).

Prime Hendricks >>>>> prime Woodley.

Last edited:
Johnny Hendrix is one of the poster boys for going down at the exact time USADA came into play. He personally admits to using IV's, which were legal at the time, but there's no way there's not more to the story than that. He was a knockout striker with incredible power, & that aspect of his game just mysteriously disappeared after USADA.

okay, so that said... if you're going to compare prime pre-USADA Hendrix to a modern Colby... you're not being exactly fair. Lets give Colby some rocket fuel, & bulk him up to where he can't make 170 anymore without an IV, & then we have a fair comparison. The faster Colby with higher volume & stellar TDD would likely win a decision, but with both on rocket fuel, either of them could end the fight with KO... or even sway otherwise lost rounds with a knockdown... & sway a decision that way. Still I got rocket fuel Colby on this one.

Oh man I miss hating on this guy .... 8)
I hope he come out of retirement one last time

Back