Prime Kobe or Prime Curry?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Who would you pick to be on your team?

160414100807-kobe-bryant-steph-curry-april-13-780x439.jpg

Honestly it depends on who else is on the team.

Kobe is a better overall scorer and is a much better defender, so if the rest of the team are average players than I would chose him.

Steph is a better passer so if you have other good players on the team that would help them get better looks while also freeing him up a bit more to get open looks for the 3's.

You can't go wrong with either tho, obviously lol

Honestly it depends on who else is on the team.

Kobe is a better overall scorer and is a much better defender, so if the rest of the team are average players than I would chose him.

Steph is a better passer so if you have other good players on the team that would help them get better looks while also freeing him up a bit more to get open looks for the 3's.

You can't go wrong with either tho, obviously lol
Let's say you draft first either of the two before having the chance to pick other players in your roster,
who'd you pick?

Kobe can do more with less than Steph can. You can give Kobe a team of bums and he'll drag you to the playoffs single handidly...in the West no less. I don't think Steph can do that.

But with a team and system like GSW Steph is absolutely priceless. No way do you switch Steph for Kobe on this team.

So t he answer is...it depends.

I think the new generation that doesnt care about defense and likes 3s would choose Curry.

in a draft.... I pick Kobe over Curry.

Can a prime Curry drag a group of average players into the playoffs and win it all? Kobe has done it...

Kobe easily. FiTP is too fragile to lead a team by himself.

Steph is only MVP-caliber in the right kind of system. Kobe would thrive under any system. In the absence of any further knowledge about the context of situation, Kobe is the default answer.

in a draft.... I pick Kobe over Curry.

Can a prime Curry drag a group of average players into the playoffs and win it all? Kobe has done it...
Gasol isn't your average player. Odom either.

Gasol isn't your average player. Odom either.

Do you think Curry can take that LA team (without Kobe) to the playoffs, to the Finals and then win it...?

My answer is no. Probably not even to the playoffs...

Flip it the other way and Kobe takes GS to the playoffs, some years will be deep into the playoffs and finals, at least 1 or 2 championships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back