Prisoner in Iceland escapes and flew out of country on the same plane as the Prime Minister

Wrong. I refer you to the last sentence in my post above.

She is cute, well-meaning and lefty in that fluffy 'why can't we all just get along' way, and that is more than enough to make it as a career politician in any Scandinavian country today.

Well, yeah, but it shouldn't. One of the major problems of the political class in Scandinavian countries is that the level of education and actual work experience from the real world is woefully low. I don't have any exact statistics (and would be very interested in seeing such), but we must be way below other European countries and certainly the developed world in general. The prime minister of my country is a welding course dropout for heavens sake. Far as I know, his highest academic credential is a two-year high school degree.

Last edited:
Lol. Preach, brother.

Middle-class airheads with no real world or work experience sums up todays Scandinavian career politicians very well.

You in Sweden?

No, actually I watched Journey to the Center of the Earth and then looked it up on MovieChat and found this thread:

https://moviechat.org/tt0373051/Jou...d80b5cee0256/Hannah-Asgeirsson-is-a-mans-name

Then I did some more research, out of curiosity.
giphy.gif

jk lol i'll check that out. I learned that from the crossfit documentary and was asking why all these people had the same sounding name that ended with daughter. looked it up myself.

giphy.gif

jk lol i'll check that out. I learned that from the crossfit documentary and was asking why all these people had the same sounding name that ended with daughter. looked it up myself.

I'm not familiar with a CrossFit doc. Is it a Netflix thing?

I'm not familiar with a CrossFit doc. Is it a Netflix thing?
I believe so, it was following the journey of the top cross fit athletes as they were going to enter the games and a ton of them come from Iceland. alot of sons and dottirs in there.

I believe so, it was following the journey of the top cross fit athletes as they were going to enter the games and a ton of them come from Iceland. alot of sons and dottirs in there.

It seems strange to me the idea of not having a family name. Seems almost like it would lead to a weird psychological sense of disconnection.

Back