Proof of the Mandela effect

Funny you say that because you're absolutely wrong.
There are documented online reviews of this film
There are numerous TV guide archived photos showing that ABC played a movie called "Shazam " three times from 1994-1998
All these things can be viewed and is public knowledge.
I suggest you google search "epicjourneyman shazam"

If such a movie ever existed someone would remember what it's about and who else was in it, etc. Instead all we get is "I remember a genie movie with Sinbad"

again, he played a genie in a commercial. that's it.

If such a movie ever existed someone would remember what it's about and who else was in it, etc. Instead all we get is "I remember a genie movie with Sinbad"

again, he played a genie in a commercial. that's it.
This is simply false!
Such bullshit
This is not what happens at all

I always thought the Mandela effect was a racist thing, like when there's a black actor on screen and people start guessing who it is but incorrectly, and on purpose.
I've almost caught up with this thread and I see you've already commented on this @Graverobber and specifically mentioned Morgan Freeman, the name I was going to include in my post. I knew it wasn't just me that remembered the Mandela effect that way!!!! <45>

the whole idea of Mandela himself is a product of The Mandela Effect really.
he's not some random, incarcerated black guy from south africa, he's a noted hollywood actor
who goes by the stage name of Morgan Freeman.

i wish I could help you.
[]Memory is not perfect [/b]but it's also not that faulty.

There are thousands sentenced to death on the strength of human memory

But just keep believing that memory is that bad
This is why eye witness testimony has been scientifically proven time and time again to be unreliable at best.

Decent troll job, 6/10

Yup perhaps you're right!
But how is it that we all share the same false memory!
It's one thing for a person to say hey that bandana on the karate kid is wrong!
It's totally another when 50 people say hey yeah that thing used to be red.

Minute details. With enough conviction, it doesn't seem hard to convince someone of something when it's a minor detail that they didn't or wouldn't have paid attention to, to begin with. Like the Berenstain Bears thing can easily be explained as:

1.) We read them as young children. How many accurate, detailed, non-traumatic/exciting memories do you have from between the ages of 3 - 6 years old?

2.) The name was in cursive and smaller than the actual book title. No kid was reading or paying attention to the name. We saw the characters and just referred to them as we were told.

3.) Like someone else said, mental shortcuts. "-stein" seems to be more common than "-stain" as a name ender, so it's not hard to see how it could take hold in our minds.

...and the whole Sinbad genie movie seems to be people essentially saying 2 + 4 = 5

Looks like they're Tebowing ...

tebow.jpg

Shaggy is no longer depicted with an Addams apple in any scooby doo episodes

Ms.piggie no longer is depicted with the Marilyn Monroe style of birthmark on her face.

Inspecter Gadget never had a mustache in any cartoon episode.

Suzanne Summers is now Suzanne Somer
Sally Fields in now Sally Field
Donna summers is now Donna summer
Suzanne summers is how i remember it because i had tissue boxes dedicated to her as a kid.

Minute details. With enough conviction, it doesn't seem hard to convince someone of something when it's a minor detail that they didn't or wouldn't have paid attention to, to begin with. Like the Berenstain Bears thing can easily be explained as:

1.) We read them as young children. How many accurate, detailed, non-traumatic/exciting memories do you have from between the ages of 3 - 6 years old?

2.) The name was in cursive and smaller than the actual book title. No kid was reading or paying attention to the name. We saw the characters and just referred to them as we were told.

3.) Like someone else said, mental shortcuts. "-stein" seems to be more common than "-stain" as a name ender, so it's not hard to see how it could take hold in our minds.

...and the whole Sinbad genie movie seems to be people essentially saying 2 + 4 = 5
Congratulations you've done an awful lot of typing to disprove 2 of the hundreds of effects that people have had.

I see two kids with their hands to their chins. I think these kids didn't even take a good look at the statue before posing. Damn kids smh.
I believe the kids were told to strike a specific pose and a few of them copied the statue instead. The adult that told them which pose to strike had read about the history of the statue.

Perhaps you are just mixing up 'The Thinker' in your head with another classic statue, Henry Vidal's 'Cain'.

Ca%C3%AFn_par_Henri_Vidal.jpg

I believe the kids were told to strike a specific pose and a few of them copied the statue instead. The adult that told them which pose to strike had read about the history of the statue.
perhaps
But how do you explain the other 6 images I have posted?
6 different people at different times, posing with fist to forehead in front of said statue?

Can someone explain what Madnela effect is in layman's terms?

This is the general term used to describe a phenomena where groups of people share the same false memory.
For example there are many people who remember the monopoly man being depicted wearing a monocole. Where reality shows that never to be the case.

See this is what's so fucked up, I specifically remember it being spelled 'Mandela' before

THIS IS SO CREEPY

perhaps
But how do you explain the other 6 images I have posted?
6 different people at different times, posing with fist to forehead in front of said statue?
My guess is that people think with their brains not their chin and so they recreate the thinking pose from memory and a perception of what it should look like, and not from the statue right in front of them.

My guess is that people think with their brains not their chin and so they recreate the thinking pose from memory and a perception of what it should look like, and not from the statue right in front of them.
ok well then I guess I'll just say that is a plausible explanation
But not more plausible then them simply recreating what they were looking at

Back