Puerto Rico Only Receiving 200k Meals a Day for 2 Million People

It still means the exactly what it meant last month: the Puerto Rican government, elected by their own citizens in free elections, is entirely foreign to the concept of disaster preparation, despite living on an island in the middle of hurricane central.

Then again, the corrupted fucks were proven to be piss-poor at every thing else, despite the never-ending push for independence for decades before going bankrupt.

When the mega earthquake eventually hit California, I fully expect my City, County, and State governments to roll up their sleeves and get to work, instead of sitting on a mountain of federal aid while complaining about the feds:

How do you prepare for a cat 5 hurricane hitting the entire island?

Puerto Rico is never going to recover, any Puerto Rican in working age isnt going to rebuild the island from the ground up, they are going to leave for the mainland.

Puerto Rico is never going to recover, any Puerto Rican in working age isnt going to rebuild the island from the ground up, they are going to leave for the mainland.
thats too bad.

I wouldn't doubt if there's a lot of truth in this.

http://www.unz.com/isteve/the-amazingly-horrible-test-scores-of-students-in-puerto-rico/

It's not brain drain, though:

ourworldindata_average-iq-by-country-v2.png

There are thousands of containers containing food, water, medicine and living necessities sitting idle at San Juan's port, delivered by federal government and charities. The problem was never supply, but distribution.
If you looked a Puerto Rican politician in a grocery store for two weeks would he/she starve to death?

Here's my two cents...

I don't believe that anyone should fully rely on the Gov for survival in times of a disaster. I get that not everyone can be a "prepper", but folks living there had to be aware that this sorta thing was a good possibility. I live in the south, where we get tornadoes, floods, and severe storms every year. People in my community, which is one of the poorest counties in the country, know to keep a certain amount of food, medicine, flashlights, etc...And we also know how to come together and help one another when it gets bad.

Some seem to think that the Gov is this all powerful entity that can magically make everything normal again after a disaster strikes, but such isn't the case. Truth be told, the Gov can only do so much in a certain amount of time. Resources are finite and humans make grave mistakes. Not to mention the fact that certain areas will always resort to violence and take advantage of a desperate situation.

It doesn't cost a whole lot to be prepared and protect your family. Self-reliance and a little common sense will almost always be the best plan in a disaster. Just my humble opinion, as one who has experienced a few natural disasters.

Well it seems lots of people believe the US is like some genie all they have to is ask and we fix it yesterday.

Until we get justice for Bruiser Brody's murder...fuck 'em.

Puerto Rico only receiving 200k meals a day for 2 million people. What say you Sherdoggers? Is the response adequate or could we do more to help?

Puerto Ricans are always looking for a hand-out. Heck, don't these people know how to fish? It is a fucking island with ocean surrounding it. Ocean with lots of fish. 51st state - please, not.

Local government corruption. The mayors behavior was brilliant and obvious lol. I wonder who called her with instructions to act like an idiot.

A friend told me that Puerto Rico is dependent on entitlements from the US. If true, that makes a disaster even tougher on them.

They're screwed. Before the hurricane the nation had massive unemployment with no plan for jobs to lower the numbers, a massive cocaine and heroine problem, a massive housing crisis, and 70 billion in debt.

It tempts one to say "Just scrap it and move on"

why is it I hear the puerto rican government is corrupt but not the American State governments? After all Mayors have been caught cheating crime numbers for years........Just wondering.

PR is a poorly run corrupt country that was billions of dollars in debt BEFORE the hurricane. Leftists keep propping PR as a political tool against Trump, local governments have to take responsibility for their own shortcomings, it isn't the responsibility of the federal government to bend over for PR because their poorly run territory has finally broken down.

Back