Locked PWD 1160: The Triple H Era has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say this with peace and love, but please retire or campaign for a road agent job @matthardy

On one hand I feel bad for telling a dude he can't earn a paycheck, but as a legit fan of pro wrestling that buys PPV's, buys merch, goes to shows and watches every week I don't want to see him perform. The guy can barely walk and even him talking he doesn't seem all there. He had a tweet not too long ago talking about, "Im great at what I do" just pure delusion and ego.

Last edited:
On one hand I feel bad for telling a dude he can't earn a paycheck, but as a legit fan of pro wrestling that buys PPV's, buys merch, goes to shows and watches every week I don't want to see him perform. The guy can barely walk and even him talking he doesn't seem all there. He had a tweet not too long ago talking about, "Im great at what I do" just pure delusion and ego.

I agree, it feels douchey to say "retire", and you're right about earning a pay check. Some of it is on the promoters. I think guys like Matt have proven to he creative abd talented enough to earn road agent type gigs. Maybe I'm wrong but meh. As a consumer, I'm not interested in buying Matt hardy matches anymore. As a fan I don't want to see these guys killing themselves in the ring anymore.

I agree, it feels douchey to say "retire", and you're right about earning a pay check. Some of it is on the promoters. I think guys like Matt have proven to he creative abd talented enough to earn road agent type gigs. Maybe I'm wrong but meh. As a consumer, I'm not interested in buying Matt hardy matches anymore. As a fan I don't want to see these guys killing themselves in the ring anymore.
Also

If they absolutely must insist on working in the ring, it's ok imo to adopt a more tame style. Maybe I'm alone in this but I'm not going to harshly judge Matt hardy or rvd if their matches are headlock take overs, chin locks, arm bars etc instead of bumps off scaffolding and shit.

I wouldn't have any problem with him being an agent. That's whatever. My thing is just the days as him as a performer are long gone. The guy is 49 years old. It's OK to move on. That's life. Honestly, I just don't think the guy is very smart either. And I'll just leave it at that.

Confirmed- Jey getting Bloodlined in his title match. Cody off the hook for the save.

I think when Cody inevitably goes heel during the title run, it'll be Jey to beat him. Other than Rollins, he has the most history with Cody.

I wouldn't have any problem with him being an agent. That's whatever. My thing is just the days as him as a performer are long gone. The guy is 49 years old. It's OK to move on. That's life. Honestly, I just don't think the guy is very smart either. And I'll just leave it at that.
He's dumb as fuck Rex, I'll leave it ar THAT

That Sami Zayn entrance was fucking spectacular. I was a big ol hater of WWE, but God damn are they doing great things right now and visually it is just so much better looking compared to before. Triple H and TKO seem to really be doing well.

That Sami Zayn entrance was fucking spectacular. I was a big ol hater of WWE, but God damn are they doing great things right now and visually it is just so much better looking compared to before. Triple H and TKO seem to really be doing well.
Maybe I'm naive but there also seems to be an effort to give the wrestlers their moments. They did a great job of giving us a ride along through the beginning of it.

@Sara I'm doing this do you at Dynasty this Sunday whether you agree or not.

Ta6c83p.png
On sight Rex. You’re on sight.

Are people for real when they use the term "cinema"? I can't tell if they're intentionally trying to sound like idiots or not

That’s how I felt about RVD, until @Based God filled me in that he’s not so far gone. Loved RVD growing up, so I didn’t want him making a fool of himself.

He makes me nervous every time he goes out there. He may have slowed down but he hasn't really changed his style much, and at his age one mistake could wreck him. But so far he's been making it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back