Movies Quentin Tarantino vs James Cameron

Favourite

• Tarantino

• Cameron

Results are only viewable after voting.
This one's hard. Tarantino might be my favorite director now that Nolan sucks, but Cameron had the best run ever with Terminator, Aliens, Abyss, T2, and true lies.

Then he also made Titanic which is basically the T2 for women.

So you're talking about a streak of 6 absolute home runs in a row.

QT has never had a streak like that. Every 2 or 3 films, he has a miss. I consider Jackie Brown a miss. Death Proof was a miss, I even think Django was a miss overall, even though it has some good parts.

Cameron started off very strong and I'd definately have the original Terminator above any Tarantino but honestly post T2 I don't think he's made another great film.

Its really not very like vs like though is it? both obviously have a lot of pulp elements to them but Cameron for the most part(besides True Lies) plays his films very straight dramatically, Tarantino is absolutely the opposite, there is straight drama to them but often behind a vail of style.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is Cameron didn't land with Avatar at all. While it was as gorgeous and as grandiose as he had hoped, at the end it felt bloated and full of saccharin. Rewatch factor is about as low as it gets imho
I got into the whole 3d thing because of that movie. 3d tvs projectors blah blah blah and none of them blew me away like avatar in theaters. Even had the home 3d copy and eh.
I literally thought I was tripping when I saw it in theaters.

I don't like most of Tarantino's films. Only Jackie Brown and Kill Bill.
From Cameron I only like T1 and T2, Aliens and True lies.
I'll go with Cameron.

Cameron is god tier, but I hesitated to type that because of this Avatar shit.

1st one is still a good movie, but it's really a giant cartoon of copied stories. Didnt watch the whole second one cuz of boredom. Now hes doing sequels of it? It's as if hes losing it.

Quentin is still doing unique movies but he is losing his 'touch' rather than 'it,' and its not as obvious as Cameron.

I was bored when I saw Once Upon a time in Hollywood, saw it again at home, still thought it was dull. Hateful Eight was long, but I wasn't as bored as Hollywood.

I still say Cameron, but I'm really hoping Quentin's last movie doesnt keep this downward trajectory .

Cam for world building and scenery. Also Cam for making an epic he's great at it.

QT - is better in terms of acting, dialouge making a movie fun an interesting , an creativity all on less thsn 1/2 a Cameron film budget .

Cam for world building and scenery. Also Cam for making an epic he's great at it.

QT - is better in terms of acting, dialouge making a movie fun an interesting , an creativity all on less thsn 1/2 a Cameron film budget .

Cameron was actually the king of stretching out a small budget and making it look like it cost 10x more than it did. Before he basically had Fort Knox driven to his door every time out. Terminator was $6M and Aliens was $18M. Just to pick a couple movies from the same years...Beverly Hills Cop was $13M and Cobra was $25M.

He started out making models and stuff for Roger Corman so he trained under one of the great penny pinchers and then combined that with his own knack for problem solving.

Cameron was actually the king of stretching out a small budget and making it look like it cost 10x more than it did. Before he basically had Fort Knox driven to his door every time out. Terminator was $6M and Aliens was $18M. Just to pick a couple movies from the same years...Beverly Hills Cop was $13M and Cobra was $25M.

He started out making models and stuff for Roger Corman so he trained under one of the great penny pinchers and then combined that with his own knack for problem solving.
He started out that way. But Cameron wasn't what he became yet and were talking almost 40 years ago. Since his budgets have been astronomical compared to QT. I like Cameron's epics that's what he's great at it world building, cinematography , and epics. QT beats him virtually every where else. And his training was as a video store clerk lol..

Tarantino
although there is some cross over
I heard that the case from pull fiction had the truck nuts for deep sea challenger inside

I enjoy Cameron’s movie more. It’s entertaining from start to finish. I kind of get bored with some of Tarantino’s movies and then there’d be a really cool scene or two.

Plenty hate on Titanic but that movie is great. Just bought it on 4k and I still enjoyed it. Pretty impressive Cameron pulled it off.

Avatar 2 sucked balls but overall, Cameron’s movie are more entertaining to me.

This one's hard. Tarantino might be my favorite director now that Nolan sucks, but Cameron had the best run ever with Terminator, Aliens, Abyss, T2, and true lies.

Then he also made Titanic which is basically the T2 for women.

So you're talking about a streak of 6 absolute home runs in a row.

QT has never had a streak like that. Every 2 or 3 films, he has a miss. I consider Jackie Brown a miss. Death Proof was a miss, I even think Django was a miss overall, even though it has some good parts.
<Oku02>

At the risk of being unpopular, I hate Tarantino. I haven't liked anything of his since Pulp Fiction. Res dogs was great, Jackie Brown was tolerable but I hate the rest.
He steals from other movies, has overly contrived dialogue, mashes in some music he thinks is awesome and makes it violent as fuck (whilst publicly advocating against firearm ownership for plebs).

He is arrogant as fuck and likes to sneak his politics in when he can.
It's been a long time since I've enjoyed anything of his. The shine wore off a long time back and I can see why he wants to retire.
Flame away.

At the risk of being unpopular, I hate Tarantino. I haven't liked anything of his since Pulp Fiction. Res dogs was great, Jackie Brown was tolerable but I hate the rest.
He steals from other movies, has overly contrived dialogue, mashes in some music he thinks is awesome and makes it violent as fuck (whilst publicly advocating against firearm ownership for plebs).

He is arrogant as fuck and likes to sneak his politics in when he can.
It's been a long time since I've enjoyed anything of his. The shine wore off a long time back and I can see why he wants to retire.
Flame away.

90% agreed.
Pulp Fiction is a good-to-great movie, mostly because of the cast.
Kill Bill 1 was great. 2 completely sucked.
The only movie of his I own is Hateful 8.

One of most overrated directors ever, and his success is mostly cult-of-personality rather than a reflection of the quality of his films.

I mean they films they make are so fuckin different. In the end im going w Tarantino,but they arent the least bit alike.

Back