Rakic is the Favorite over Jiri

Zebo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Isn't this Rakic's first fight off a knee injury? I thought Jiri was going to be close to a -200 favorite. What am I missing?​

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill Betting Preliminary Card Odds​

Jiri Prochazka vs. Aleksandar Rakic
Light Heavyweight Bout​

To Win Fight

• Jiri Prochazka +110
  • Aleksandar Rakic -138

Racik was a beast and favoured to be champion before the Jan fight …

He blew his knee … who knows how he recovers …

But he can certainly use his range and leg kick Jiri to death like Alex did …. Jiri won’t let it be a point fight though - at some point early he’ll make it a dog fight with pressure and we’ll see how racik reacts to it

Hard to set odds on this one - but I think Rakic is more technical - but jiris pressure could pose problematic

Great matchup actually ! Winner should probably fight Ankalaev for next title shot sinc
I wasn’t expecting those odds. On Tapology with 1700 votes so far. 78% have chosen Jiri to win.
78-98% want Jiri to win …. But did realize Rakic was favoured to be the champ before the Jiri fight

It’s actually a very interesting and relevant matchup … winner should fight Ankalaev for a title shot

When was the last time Rakic won a fight?

Fair question … but when’s the last time he truly lost without a doubt

He’s another ankalaev … minute winner not fan pleaser

That said , I’d love for Jiri to sleep him - just doubt it happens

Fair question … but when’s the last time he truly lost without a doubt

He’s another ankalaev … minute winner not fan pleaser

That said , I’d love for Jiri to sleep him - just doubt it happens
before jiri won the title I always knew this would be his hardest test

Never been blown away by Rakic, I guess there's a chance he LNP's his way to a decision as he's a good top-control wrestler.

The injury is a question mark. But going purely off what we saw before it Rakic is probably a better fighter.

Also fun fact Vegas still pays people if the fighter they picked to win LNPs to a decision.

As he should be. Jiri rose through the LHW rankings when the division was at an all time low.

Poatan showed the path to quiet the Jiri storm: leg kick him into bolivian.
And just because Jiri has a close to zero fight IQ and will not be able to show adjustments, I've got Rakic for this one

I think it's about Jiri putting his front leg there to get chopped up against Pereira. Because Rakic is also kicking a lot while Jiri wants to enter the pocket.
So people are probably thinking it may look the same now, but it absolutely will not. Pereira's combos are intimidating and Rakic is... fighting smart or whatever.

It's gonna be a whole different fight and Jiri should be the favorite imo.

What are the odds on Jiri by KO specifically? Easy money Sherbros

Tapology picks always swing in favor of the fan favorite with the more pleasing style, 66% on Tapology thought Oliveira was going to beat Islam lol.

Anyways yeah Jiri is more exciting sure but I think if Rakic gets his grappling going he could grind Jiri out even if it's a little boring.

If Jiri by KO is +200 or better I'm definitely going to play it

Back