Ramadan (June 18th to July 17th, 2015) - Keep An Eye On The Muslim Emoloyee Near You

Who's talking about ham when there is no sandwich? Open your eyes is all.

To..... what? Check how productive other people are? Pretty sure that is the supervisor's job.

Gonna go out on a limb and say you dont know Muslim coworkers well enough to judge differences in their performance. If you do, then try telling them that their religion is affecting their work and they should leave it. It will go over well.

Well boxing day is also a christian based tradition and many, many people take weeks off in December.

Too bad we can't compare because this report you mention doesn't exist. Still can't believe you started a thread on a report you can't provide. Lol.

The point of this thread is how shitty Ramadan is for the economy. That was pretty clear to anyone who's not a Muslim defender.

Further, the economy soars during December because of gift-giving on Christmas and sales on Boxing Day. It's a win-win month for the economy.

Oh hey, and here I thought you were engaging in a meaningful discussion. Should have known.

Here's an article since I'm a nice guy:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/newsbook/2012/07/egypt-and-ramadan

Well done. Didn't see your ridiculous 78% statistic anywhere in the article. All it said was that there was a 2 hour a day reduction on average of productivity during Ramadan. It's probably on par with fantasy football season in the USA. I read a report about that but I can't find it. I think the NFL took it down......

The point of this thread is how shitty Ramadan is for the economy. That was pretty clear to anyone who's not a Muslim defender.

Further, the economy soars during December because of gift-giving on Christmas and sales on Boxing Day. It's a win-win month for the economy.

So.... how shitty is it for the economy?

Oh yeah, forgot this thread is about a report that no one can read.

To..... what? Check how productive other people are? Pretty sure that is the supervisor's job.

Gonna go out on a limb and say you dont know Muslim coworkers well enough to judge differences in their performance. If you do, then try telling them that their religion is affecting their work and they should leave it. It will go over well.

Man you're striking out in this thread. One after the other.

Fear of Muslim violence is what drives what is right and wrong, good or bad for the economy and workplace? What a sad indictment

So.... how shitty is it for the economy?

Oh yeah, forgot this thread is about a report that no one can read.

I provided two links in the OP now, go ahead and read them. And why aren't you in bed? Too busy eating? I'm on vacation.

I provided two links in the OP now, go ahead and read them. And why aren't you in bed? Too busy eating? I'm on vacation.

Lol, I am at work. Gotta get it in before fasting from sherdog. Ramadan.

No where in your op do you mention the economy - just the productivity of Muslims during Ramadan - so not only do you create an asinine thread in which everyone will laugh at your overt stupidity - your argument is so poorly constructed you have to move your own goal post later on just to fit your narrative. That's just sad.

Man you're striking out in this thread. One after the other.

Fear of Muslim violence is what drives what is right and wrong, good or bad for the economy and workplace? What a sad indictment

Violence? Good to know you think all Muslims are looking to murder people, not bigoted at all.

Try an anti Christian tirade to some Christians at work. You will get the same response as from Muslims ( discrimination complaints)

Violence? Good to know you think all Muslims are looking to murder people, not bigoted at all.

Try an anti Christian tirade to some Christians at work. You will get the same response as from Muslims ( discrimination complaints)

Try reading the last paragraph of your post about someone using their freedom of speech to tell a Muslim coworker that their productivity drops off during Ramadan.

And gah, are you so dense not see that there's a correlation between shitty worker productivity and the economy?

No where in your op do you mention the economy - just the productivity of Muslims during Ramadan - so not only do you create an asinine thread in which everyone will laugh at your overt stupidity - your argument is so poorly constructed you have to move your own goal post later on just to fit your narrative. That's just sad.

Your reading comprehension blows chunks, not my fault.

Try reading the last paragraph of your post about someone using their freedom of speech to tell a Muslim coworker that their productivity drops off during Ramadan.

And gah, are you so dense not see that there's a correlation between shitty worker productivity and the economy?

Ah yes, the freedom of speech that lets you not get fired when making discriminatory comments about someone's religion. Good ol 33rd amendment.

Ah yes, the freedom of speech that lets you not get fired when making discriminatory comments about someone's religion. Good ol 33rd amendment.

Your reasoning is awful.

I can let a coworker know that I think Ramadan affects his productivity by way of friendly, discussion/questioning.

This topic is for the broader new world we enter blindly it seems.

So interesting to see clearly what Muslims think of freedom of speech.

And I can see by the many Muslim readers this topic is hot.

Anyway, I'm out for a bit.

Cheers all humans!

This may be the most asinine thread I've seen in a long, long time.

I wonder what christian productivity is like in December? - I have colleagues who take weeks off. - no one cares, let people celebrate how they see fit.

Weeks off for Christmas? Unless your "colleagues" are the other kids in your homeroom, I call bullshit.

Many people do intermittent fasting. Should we ban that too?

Weeks off for Christmas? Unless your "colleagues" are the other kids in your homeroom, I call bullshit.

Exactly. And if they do book weeks off, it's genuine vacation time to be used as pleased. If a Muslim wants to book legit vacation time during Ramadan - go for it.

No one can tell me that:

During Ramadan would be a good employee in any construction trade; anything involving manual labour. Unless they own their own business and are able to work during the night and sleep during the day, there's no chance at being equally productive.

I paid my way through college one year by tree-planting for a summer. I would drink up to 2 1/2 gallons of water a day. There's no chance at doing a job like this without drinking water.

No one can tell me that:

During Ramadan would be a good employee in any construction trade; anything involving manual labour. Unless they own their own business and are able to work during the night and sleep during the day, there's no chance at being equally productive.

I paid my way through college one year by tree-planting for a summer. I would drink up to 2 1/2 gallons of water a day. There's no chance at doing a job like this without drinking water.

There's exemptions, including for manual labourers.

Many people do intermittent fasting. Should we ban that too?

Dude, that's sooo different. A normal fast (particularly one of any length) allows for at the very least, the drinking of water. And, normal fasts last only for a day or two (a few days at most). Ramadan lasts a month and anyone not living on the equator can have the month come during long daylight hours, thus, the no eating and drinking can last most of the day, and forces the Muslim to eat during the night. Any nutritionist will tell you it's not good to eat right before bed. I went into a lot of this already.

Back