Ramadan (June 18th to July 17th, 2015) - Keep An Eye On The Muslim Emoloyee Near You

I just can't see how you can be a good, productive employee for any daytime job when for a month the average sunset is say 9 pm and the average sunrise is say 9 am. It's just not possible whether it's manual labour or an easier office job.

And the fact that there are all these concessions surrounding the month in the ME and regarding ongoing wars just proves it.

Weeks off for Christmas? Unless your "colleagues" are the other kids in your homeroom, I call bullshit.

We get the entire week off and many, many used their remaining vacation days around that time. So, yes, weeks off at Christmas.

You sound like a shift / factory worker.

Just sooo obsessed with Muslims. Jesus.

We get the entire week off and many, many used their remaining vacation days around that time. So, yes, weeks off at Christmas.

You sound like a shift / factory worker.

Where on earth do you work that the full week is taken off? That's extremely rare unless it's a small company and this is the owner's way of giving his employees some off time during this time.

In 24 years of adult work I've not seen this once, anywhere.

JoeMac was a better username

probably makes up for all the sick days and uproductive days they dont have as they dont drink alchohol.

Sounds like First World ignorance.

Sounds like first world problems. Crying about other people fasting.

Why do you let every little bit of Islam get you so rustled up you need to make terrible threads about it?

This just reeks of desperation mixed with a whole lot of salt.

Where on earth do you work that the full week is taken off? That's extremely rare unless it's a small company and this is the owner's way of giving his employees some off time during this time.

Not really....not sure if Americans get the 26th as a Stat but where I work we get the 21st- 27 (depending on how the holiday lines with the week) lots of places give their employees the week off.

Not to mention all the extra time taken due to usage of vacation time.

And you would be totally ok with it, so long as they don't pray to a different god than you do.

LOL. I work with a couple of Muslims who fast during Ramadan.
They don't stay up eating all night.
They eat when they get home from work, are in bed by midnight, don't wake up early to eat before the sun comes up, and their productivity doesn't seem to be affected.

That's not to say there aren't Muslims who stay up all night eating making them worthless the next day, I just don't know any who do.

However, productivity certainly drops during the NCAA tournament, Thanksgiving holiday through New Year's, and football season.

What?
I can't tell you the last year where I didn't take at least a week off from Christmas Eve - New Year's!

I can't believe there's actually a thread about this. The guy senselessly whines about a Muslim practice that has no tangible affect on him or society, and links a non-existent study, and then responds to everyone calling him out on his shitty topic by calling them Muslims.

I can't believe there's actually a thread about this. The guy senselessly whines about a Muslim practice that has no tangible affect on him or society, and links a non-existent study, and then responds to everyone calling him out on his shitty topic by calling them Muslims.

The only thing i heard about Ramadan is that it increases cardiovascular risks due to increased blood pressure during dehydration. Never heard of major productivity drops.

You wrote all that from your phone? You need to find yourself a girl, mate! :icon_chee

Do you work retail or something? Everywhere I've worked gives the whole week off and a few days after Christmas weekend.

And even if Rammadan does slow productivity (and I suspect that you are right that it does), who cares? It is something personally important to over a billion people. 100% work productivity isn't the end-all goal life. Pregnancy, age, and a hundred other things also can productivity. Do we ban pregnant women and old people from working also?

I had a muslim employee during Ramadan. I had no issues from him what so ever. I don't think he made it the entire month though. He was an extremely thin guy to begin with and the fasting was making him ill.

I've got two weeks off coming up at the end of July. It's awesome.

I had the perfect counter argument to this thread but it got taken down and doesn't matter.

1 in a million and still right. I guess no one read the links I posted that offer proof.

At least you'll all be watching.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back