Rampage had one hell of an MMA career

When Moose and Rory came to SJ last year I was ecstatic, when I found out I could see Rampage fight Wanderlei before he retired I bought front row seats. He broke my fucking heart the way he did Chuck in the UFC, but I love your title, and you are god damn right my friend. LEGEND. (how did he lose on the feet to Chael at any age though, he still has serious pop, I don't get it..) Anyway, LEGEND.

2nd best lhw ever in his prime IMO.

My favorite fighter also.

It may not be a popular opinion but I agree, doesn't have the greatest resume in terms of title accomplishments but in terms of performances and names he's up there. Plus he never had terrible losses like Chuck or Wand. He lost a few decisions when he got older and Wanderlei, which he avenged..twice.

Prime Rampage would still be in the top 5 in today's game. Back when he still used his wrestling he was truly something to behold

With wins over prime Liddell, Machida, a weathered Wanderlei. Dan Henderson, Arona, Ninja, Lindland.

I loved how a guy with no impressive credentials but high school wrestling and boxing outwrestled great wrestlers and KOd strikers.

Rampage didn’t even kick! I can’t remember him ever throwing a kick.

The only loss that broke my heart was the Rashad fight. He should have trained properly and taken that fight seriously and won. That would have been a great notch in his built.
I don't know - rampage a bad man but as far as his name and what people think, I actually think his career was more underwhelming than your labels. I mean if you really take a look at his losses and alot of his wins against some of those guys when he fought them ...... idk.He single handily made wanderlei a household name to the hardcores back then (was never impressed with wand as a "mmartist " and he handed Quinton 2 of the more infamous losses of his (or anyones career)career.
Timing couldn't of been more on his side when he took belt from a Liddell where Chuck had no competition before pride 205ers came to UFC(then the shot heard around the world - shad/chuck)

Arona cartoon slam and Hendo defense were 2 of his better wins but I honestly thought he had more losses in his bigger fights but thats my opinion. He was lucky to get his hand raised against lyoto (and even, honestly ,joked as much afterwards).

Very good and exciting fighter.

Unified the Pride and UFC LHW titles

Easily one of the best LHW of all time. He had some gift decisions, some bad ones, a championship run and an incredible resume of opponents. His performance against hendo was a rare window into his skill as a wrestler, which he dipped into less and less as his career went on.

Just wish he would have taken training more seriously... Dude was a beast... Also, think he stopped with kicking a lot after the Bustamante fight, dude hurt his own leg...

He clearly fought for the money.
Didn’t even train at all other than when he had a fight booked.

With wins over prime Liddell, Machida, a weathered Wanderlei. Dan Henderson, Arona, Ninja, Lindland.

I loved how a guy with no impressive credentials but high school wrestling and boxing outwrestled great wrestlers and KOd strikers.

The only loss that broke my heart was the Rashad fight. He should have trained properly and taken that fight seriously and won. That would have been a great notch in his built.
I like Rampage, bro. But he didnt win that match with machida.

for your viewing pleasure
xxeVh.gif

I could watch this 1000 times and it will never get old.

Just watch arona’s hear hit the canvas. JESUS

Kind of a BS decision honestly. Super close fight. Champ should have kept the belt..
I still go back and forth on it. Rampage refused to check leg kicks even though he was limping by the end of the fight.

209rgxk.jpg

Went nuts when Rashad got him good right at the start of their fight. Great rivalry. Always enjoyed both guys

Besides Jones no one to this day has finished Rampage since Shogun in Pride. Dude only loses decisions. Underrated af. Closest guy to breaking the AS-GSP 1-2 P4P ranking in the late 00's. There's a good argument to call 2007-2011 the Rampage era at 205.

Rampage is a guy I really didn't like when he was fighting but looking back he's an MMA fighter I'd love to get shitfaced with. Honestly if I had to do it all over again would be a Rampage fan instead of Shad.

Not really underrated, I think most people recognize him as one of the legends.

Always liked Rampage, but I always felt that his heart was never really into the game...

Specifically, I don't think he was ever "all in" and doing what it takes to be a better fighter 365 days a year. That said, when he got in the cage he always delivered.

Just wish he would have taken training more seriously... Dude was a beast... Also, think he stopped with kicking a lot after the Bustamante fight, dude hurt his own leg...

He has always HATED training lol

He has always said it is very hard for him to stay motivated in camps he is easily distracted.That being said Rampage had alot of God given strength and power that he slowly honed once he started boxing instead of brawling.

Whats really funny is watching rampages earliest fights the guy literally takes guys down lol.....imagine if Quinton actually mixed up his arsenal throughout his career.

In before 12+ pages of buttblasted debates over Rampage x Machida.

Back