Randy Couture disgusted with camera rolling in Aldo's locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"Well, we can probably go down the list of fighters that have not been shown or been kind of dumped on by the promotion. I don't think at the end of the day the promotion cares that much. I don't think they had Jose Aldo's best interests at heart there. Did they have Georges St-Pierre's best interest at heart? And that was after a victory, but because he wanted to take a hiatus, all the things that were said and done with regard to Georges -- I certainly might fall into that category if I wanted to start talking about that -- but there's certainly been other fighters that, you know, they [UFC] do what they think is best for them at the end of the day. Here's my question. Where were his handlers? Where were his trainers? Those are the guys -- and having been in that situation after the Chuck Liddell fight, after retiring in the third Chuck Liddell fight, my guys weren't letting those [camera] guys in. You know, that was our space. They wanted me to have that space. And I remember specifically, Nate Quarry hollering at the camera men and telling him, ‘look get outta here' and not letting them in the room."

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/12/21/...do-best-interest-releasing-locker-footage-mma

The other promotion did the same for Fedor when he lost against Werdum, I think.

jose-aldo-crying-locker-roo.jpg

Such a hard loss for Jose.

Who´s watching them cams anyway??

Well, it was pretty disgusting.

I was disgusted with the cameras rolling on Couture during Gym Rescue on Spike.

Those cams are already mounted in the locker room from the start of the event til the end of the event. Hell they may even be for security purposes, I don't know. All I know is that for the big events they mount a camera in the main event fighters dressing room.

They had one in both Conor's and Jose's.

I mean why even release the clip?

tangentially, Ryan Couture's midsection looks like it's seen some shit

20140914045444_827Q7070.JPG

funny-Plank-wood-eyes-crazy.jpg

They didn't show Ronda or Cain after losing that's for damn sure

If I were in a main event spot on a card and had one of those cameras in my locker room I'd have someone cover up the lense with shaving cream or something. I'd like to see Ronda's post fight locker room footage. Oh that's right, there is none. I wonder why. Fuck the UFC. I hope for the day they sell the company.

I have no issue with it. I think it's cool to get an inside look but if a fighter is refusing then fair enough.

If I were in a main event spot on a card and had one of those cameras in my locker room I'd have someone cover up the lense with shaving cream or something. I'd like to see Ronda's post fight locker room footage. Oh that's right, there is none. I wonder why. Fuck the UFC. I hope for the day they sell the company.

I would have knocked it off the wall. Jose was an incredible fighter and that was disgusting to display him like that. I remember Forrest running out after the Silva loss. He was extremely emotional and embarrassed but anybody that fought Silva looked that way. Forrest was one of my favorites do it was hard to watch a fighter get that hurt. How dare anybody get treated the way Jose was? I am glad there was no camera in Forrests locker room afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back