Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night 138 Volkan vs. Smith (New Brunswick, Canada)

5. A few fights and fighters I want to see.just a few.

these cards are hard to rate, IMHO. while low on star power, there is still a fair bit of talent on there and these are often the cards that end up being highly entertaining as a whole.

we typically get to see a lot of hungry fighters who are looking to raise their stock in the UFC, and we witness the matchmakers earning their money.

Also, what is Artem Lobov doing on the main card? I know he's become quite the iconic figure in the MMA community, as a running gag rather than as a fighter, but a main card slot? Come on, not under these circumstances at least.
He headlined the card with Cub Swanson in the fight before his last. Not really that outlandish for him to be on the main card of a low level fight night in the middle of nowhere.

For a FN in NB it's alright. I'd usually give it a 6 but the standard Artem bump applies here and makes it a 10. Interested to see how Kattar-Fishgold goes.

I'm always supporting Ed Herman. I can't believe he's still with the UFC - pretty crazy. The main event will be a fun one, almost undoubtedly. More excited for this than some PPVs, actually.

I think Gian sends him beddy-bye.

I am attending this card as I got a ticket for my birthday for it but I am not very excited. Card is meh.

Excited to check out our new sporting event (Avenir Centre...terrible name) that just opened up like a month ago.

Name wise, it's a below average card. But as we all know, big names don't always make great fights. This could be one hell of a card at the end of they day.

I'm really interested to see how Smith shows up against Volkan. If he can roll past him, he's definitely in title shot talks or even a #1 contender vs Gus. Also, I'd like to see Misha live up to the potential and hype he once and and pick up a few wins.

I am attending this card as I got a ticket for my birthday for it but I am not very excited. Card is meh.

Excited to check out our new sporting event (Avenir Centre...terrible name) that just opened up like a month ago.
I am also going and it's my first live event. I don't know what to expect but I have good seats so I can't wait.

Meh/10. No real interest in watching this card. No compelling fights. And this is coming from someone who buys ppvs. Even though its free I'll probably ignore it.

As always, everyone commenting on bout order needs to read the part at the end of the OP

<mma3>
Just ban them right away.

That being said, I think Haqparast-Gouti will be exciting for we will learn more about Haqparast. Might sneak on the (weak) main card.

Lobov vs Zuba would be the main event if Conor and Khabib were in their corner

Shocking. main event aside,its dudes running multiple losses.

3/10

By North American UFN standards,abysmal

On paper its new Brunswick / 10

Which is like maybe 1.5

Forget about Artem Lobov vs. Zubaira Tukhugov, the rest of the main card are all fights that can turn in old school bloody war.
overall 6/10

So Thibaut goutti IS 1-4 and still on the ufc?i Wonder why

Back