• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the "robberies": Khabib-Tibau, GSP-Hendricks, Silva-Brunson, Jones-Reyes

So these four fights are commonly seen as robberies in favour of these highly regarded fighters (well, Silva was already flushed by the time the Brunson fight happened but I just added it for good measure). But which do you think is the most egregious? Rank them from the most to the least egregious decision.

edit: fugg I meant Jones-Reyes
Silva is my all time favorite but the only "egregious" robbery on this list is Anderson vs Brunson.

Khabib vs Tibau being the most debatable of the remaining 3 which were all extremely close fights which an argument can be made either way with both title fights ultimately coming down to the challengers failing to keep up the pace in the Championship rounds.

For the record though Jones vs Gus 1 was an even closer fight and Shogun vs Machida 1 would have been better than Khabib vs Tibau and Edgar vs Penn 1 would have been better than Anderson vs Brunson (so they were all title fights) or Max vs Volk 2.

According to the media:

Kbre4M7.png
Unfortunately when it comes to judges cards it hard. I think 3 rounds to 2 rounds isn't exactly robbery as that is a close fight. Sure Hendricks probably should of won but I would say a big robbery was for example diego winning his fight by DQ illegal knee after the ref told him he wins if he quits. Don't blame Diego but it was a pretty gross ending.

So these four fights are commonly seen as robberies in favour of these highly regarded fighters (well, Silva was already flushed by the time the Brunson fight happened but I just added it for good measure). But which do you think is the most egregious? Rank them from the most to the least egregious decision.

You can edit the thread title. Click on thread tools right besides watch thread it's top right on the thread and when you click on thread tools you will see edit the title

The most under-talked robbery by far is Felder vs Barboza 2. Look you could maybe make an argument for Paul but one judge had him winning 30-27 like wtf is that shit. Paul didn’t even look like he expected the W.

In retrospect though, he won the Hooker fight so everything kinda comes full circle.

Conor-Diaz 2 was one of the major and blatant robberies I witnessed

Volk-Holloway 2

talking about daylight robbery

Keith Peterson-esque booze abuse in the judge station imo

Silva vs Brunson. Pretty sure this is the only fight mentioned that all the media gave it to one fighter, Brunson.

The rest were actually close fights and could have gone either way depending on how you scored the fight.

In my honest opinion...

Khabib vs Tibau - Draw
GSP vs Hendricks - GSP 3-2
Brunson vs Silva - Yeah this was a bad decision and I love Silva, Brunson won that with a very clear 2-1

Well, there are definitely much worse robberies, but i guess these 4 were picked because they are the closest fights these 4 goats have been in. So out of these 4?

Reyes-Jones is clearly the worst of the bunch, no debate. You've got to give Jones a round that he only won on like 20% of scorecards. Unacceptable.

Khabib-Tibau is the most forgivable. All 3 rounds are arguable. Somewhere between 50-50 to 60-40 each time.

The question is which is more egregious between GSP-Hendricks being an obvious 2-2 with one round being 50-50 or 60-40 Hendricks, or Silva only having one 50-50 round with both other rounds not cemented but definitely leaning Brunson, both being basically at least 2/3rd's Brunson.

I think:
Jones
Silva
GSP
Khabib

1. GSP vs Hendricks
2. Khabib vs Tibau
3. Jones vs Reyes
4. Silva vs Brunson

View attachment 792170
Just the absolute worst take

None of them are robberies.

The worst decision is Jones-Reyes

Jones-Reyes
Silva-Brunson
Khabib-Tibau
GSP-Hendricks

Brunson/Silva & hendricks/gsp have are incomparable to the other two

gsp - hendricks was the only robbery, khabib bless

Back