• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the "robberies": Khabib-Tibau, GSP-Hendricks, Silva-Brunson, Jones-Reyes

Oh this is a straight call out of your constant badgering bullshit. You still haven’t answered why Jones gets a pass in your mind for doing the exact thing GSP did. No one is obsessed but you, I don’t think we need to go there to prove that.

Because GSP did not vacate to fight Anderson, Jones wants a title shot at HW right now, it's not like retiring and waiting for the perfect LHW champion to come back and again leave

If Jones beats Stipe and leaves you might have a point, until that just shut up and stay ontopic

Huge gsp fan but him beating Hendricks was one of the biggest robberies ever

Nah it really wasn't that bad, I had Hendricks winning but it hinges entirely on the first round, which was close enough.
It just feels worse than it was because when Hendricks' rounds were far more dominant than GSP's, but the scoring system isn't designed well to reflect that.

1. Reyes won. Usually, when a fight is very close, I don't really care, it can go either way, I like it to consider it a draw. But Reyes won 3 rounds clearly. More strikes, clearly more powerful strikes, a knockdown (yes, that was a knockdown, see the definition), very little grappling, no takedowns. I usually respect other's opinions when it comes to fight endings, but in this case I consider that people who say Jones won are either slightly retarded or extreme nuthuggers. Not salty, I lost some money on Jones because I thought he would easily wrestle Reyes. I really didn't expect Reyes to be that good. I know he is technical and had good boxing, but I thought it will be Jones-OSP all over again.

2. Silva vs Brunson. Brunson won. Not such a robbery, I can understand why judged gave it to Silva, but Brunson was a little better. I have seen many other robberies. Hamill vs Bisping., for example.

3. Khabib vs Tibau. Khabib was the aggresor but zero damage. Same for Tibau. One of the shittiest fights I have ever seen, top #15. Could have been a tie. I don't consider it a robbery since Tibau didn't do shit. Also, Khabib didn't do shit. A draw, imo.

4. GSP Hendricks. Hard to say! I really don't remember the fight very well, only that it was very close and could have been a draw. People where impressed by GSP's destroyed face and Hendrick's no-damage-face and some didn't understand how scoring is done. That helped creating the huge robbery myth. But one or two rounds were extremely close. I would have to rewatch the fight, although I didn't like it that much: might be a robbery, might be a draw.

Huge gsp fan but him beating Hendricks was one of the biggest robberies ever
thats how i felt, until i rewatched the fights. it coulda gone either way. that night i felt hendricks should have won 3 rounds quite easily... but he only won 2 for sure, gsp won 1 for sure and 2 were toss ups.i think thats what stings

So these four fights are commonly seen as robberies in favour of these highly regarded fighters (well, Silva was already flushed by the time the Brunson fight happened but I just added it for good measure). But which do you think is the most egregious? Rank them from the most to the least egregious decision.

edit: fugg I meant Jones-Reyes

These thinly veiled noob hate threads are so annoying.

I think the GOAT rankings is clearly:

1. Fedor
2. GSP

This being said, of the fights you listed, I would probably only vote that GSP vs. Hendricks was a robbery. And, after watching several times, the decision is not as egregious as some would suggest. Silva probably lost to Brunson but the fight was somewhat inconsequential.

According to the media:

Kbre4M7.png

Disgraceful decision

Any wonder gsp ran Into retirement

He KNEW he lost that fight

Because GSP did not vacate to fight Anderson, Jones wants a title shot at HW right now, it's not like retiring and waiting for the perfect LHW champion to come back and again leave

If Jones beats Stipe and leaves you might have a point, until that just shut up and stay ontopic

Oh is that the excuse GSP haters are gonna go with? Not a very good one, since Anderson had lost his title since Anderson had lost his title by then. Not that that would stop you guys. Sounding stupid has never detoured GSP haters before

I don't get the Tibau one. I lost money on that fight so I would have been the first to cry robbery, but you don't win a decision if you're constantly pinned up against the cage, even if you are stuffing the takedowns. Neither did much, but Khabib controlled the fight.

GSP-Hendricks was the decision that made me burst out laughing, but I've never watched it back. Same when Robbie beat him too, that was highly dubious imo.

If Johnny wasn't so unlikable you'd really feel for the guy.

I wouldn't say these are robberies, I disagreed with the results bar Khabib's fight(f only due to aggression) but robberies are fights like Shogun/Machida 1 or Herring/Vitor.

Didn't see Brunson vs Silva and Khabib vs Tibau entirely, but out of the other two, Jones vs Reyes clearly takes the cake.

Reyes very obviously won the first three rounds, whereas St-Pierre vs Hendricks was very close and while Hendricks landed the harder shots, GSP landed more strikes and got more takedowns.

Close fights are not robberies because you disagree with the outcome.

Watch Bisping - Hamil if you need to know what a robbery looks like

At least we can all agree Hendricks, Tibau, Reyes, and Brunson should have won right?

At least we can all agree Hendricks, Tibau, Reyes, and Brunson should have won right?

Tibau is the one I'd question, I mean its a very close fight but I think a bit too much credit is given simply for blocking takedowns.

Back