Ray mercer the greatest mma what if?

wrong on so many levels.

mercer never lost an mma fight
Mercer at 47 years old took part in a scripted exhibition non sanctioned bout to help promote Kimbo.
Scripted? It was as normal as any padless amateur mma fight… gtfo here with that eddie bravo tin foil hat shit. It was part of an actual pro mma event that Cage Fury held as well.

{<jordan}

That is a whole lot of nonsense.

His exhibition with Kimbo is irrelevant and was two years before knocking Tim out. And no, he didn’t have six months of dedicated BJJ training. He explicitly said afterwards he did zero training outside of stand up.

Good effort though.
Sure.. zero lol

Did he also train only hands for the 2 kickboxing fights he lost before. Or were those scripted as well.

James Toney said the exact same thing and much later admitted he did train grappling before Randy.

Didn't he quit from 1 kick vs the guy in my avatar ?

No. You're giving him waaaaaaaaay too much credit for KOing the bloated corpse of Tim Sylvia.

Edit: This fight came in 2009, so Timmy wasn't as shot as I remember, but he was still shot.

Sure.. zero lol

Did he also train only hands for the 2 kickboxing fights he lost before. Or were those scripted as well.

James Toney said the exact same thing and much later admitted he did train grappling before Randy.

Maybe comprehension isn’t your strong suit but I never used the word “scripted.”

And yes, I’m inclined to believe Ray Mercer when he says he didn’t train BJJ for fucking Kimbo Slice in an exhibition in 2007. I sure as hell am not going to believe some can on here who can barely read and has no clue what he’s talking about.

The fact you actually think he trained BJJ extensively for over 6 months for that shit is hilarious.

<36>

While we get a occasional threads about how karelin, Kurt angle, Sanderson or lebron James would have done if they entered mma in their primes and did it full time, do we overlook the potential ray mercer had?

world boxing champion and hall of famer came over at a very old age and with limited actual mma training absolutely blew the UFCs all time greatest HW at the time in Timmeh (had record ufc title defences until Stipe surpassed it beating geriatrics) away.

he beat Timmeh faster then even Fedor (who had over a decade of mma experience and training under his belt) could.

In the 9 second clinic he put on the best ufc had ever produced (till then) Mercer: knocked him out standing, executed a takedown and put in some GnP too. A complete display of mma skill sets at the most break neck pace in mma history.

Mercer would have been the GOAT had he come over even at age 30 or so

I always thought George Foreman coming in at a young age would have done really well in MMA...give him a year or two to learn MMA.

wrong on so many levels.

mercer never lost an mma fight
Mercer at 47 years old took part in a scripted exhibition non sanctioned bout to help promote Kimbo.

The Sylvia fight was sort of scripted too....they'd agreed to not allow kicking or grappling, it was going to be a boxing match inside an octagon. Then Sylvia threw a kick, realized his mistake (you see Mercer stand like "seriously? you just kicked?"), and Tim basically waded in and got punched. Who knows what would have happened in a real MMA fight, but in a boxing match Mercer wins every time.

Scripted? It was as normal as any padless amateur mma fight… gtfo here with that eddie bravo tin foil hat shit. It was part of an actual pro mma event that Cage Fury held as well.

Sure.. zero lol

I don’t see any defeats in Mercers official MMA record. Maybe when Brock subbed Cain in WWE that was real to you too

Mercer vs Tim was supposed to be a boxing match,that got cancelled,and then they had a mma match with a gentlemans agreement of only staying standing,very hard to find anything about it these days,so I am ready to be flamed by the noobs haha.

Mercer vs Tim was supposed to be a boxing match,that got cancelled,and then they had a mma match with a gentlemans agreement of only staying standing,very hard to find anything about it these days,so I am ready to be flamed by the noobs haha.
Considering the kick and takedown it’s obvious those rumours were a hoax this was a full on mma fight

Considering the kick and takedown it’s obvious those rumours were a hoax this was a full on mma fight
I did find some evidence that it was supposed to be a boxing match,if anyone is interested:

The Fall of a Champion: Ray Mercer Stuns MMA World | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

"Bragging Rights" as it was called was originally Sylvia's first attempt at beginning a boxing career before a boxing commission stepped in.

The ABC sited age and previous fight history as reasons why the "boxing match" was cancelled.

The match was changed at the last minute, to one featuring MMA rules to escape the ABC's prior ruling (a rematch was also negotiated).

yes, ray mercer is the greatest what if in MMA history, ever, no question about it.

The merciless one was a dangerous solid boxer,but he got submitted by Kimbo Slice. Trying to prop up his KO of out of shape Sylvia w dodgy rules as something more is a bit silly.

I mean how can it be the greatest "what if?" if no one is asking that?

The merciless one was a dangerous solid boxer,but he got submitted by Kimbo Slice. Trying to prop up his KO of out of shape Sylvia w dodgy rules as something more is a bit silly.

I mean how can it be the greatest "what if?" if no one is asking that?
Calls his legitimate mma fight out for “dodgy rules” yet references a unsanctioned non mma fight Vs kimbo for evidence? Come on man

Calls his legitimate mma fight out for “dodgy rules” yet references a unsanctioned non mma fight Vs kimbo for evidence? Come on man
Well shit,if it was sanctioned,for sure he wouldnt have got guillotined by a backyard brawler.

What if??

WHAT IF???

Well shit,if it was sanctioned,for sure he wouldnt have got guillotined by a backyard brawler.

What if??

WHAT IF???
I once tapped out Rickson Gracie.

We grappled (shook hands) he tapped me on the shoulder to let him go and he walked away.

what if it was a sanctioned mma fight ? I would have still tapped him out!

I once tapped out Rickson Gracie.

We grappled (shook hands) he tapped me on the shoulder to let him go and he walked away.

what if it was a sanctioned mma fight ? I would have still tapped him out!
So the greatest mma what if is you,right???

Back