Ray Stevenson Dead at 58

He was also great as the crazy Australian in the Other Guys.

"Watch it mate, there are three things I love in this world, Kylie Minogue, the small dimples above a woamn's buttocks, and the look in a man's eye when he knows im about to hurt him".

Honestly, didn't know much of his work. But reading up on him, seems like a very good man. RIP

This one fucking sucks. God damnit.

two perfect seasons are preferable to seeing it decline because they tried to milk it, like it has happened countless times

Story lines were abruptly cut short in the second season (i.e. the Jewish plot).

So I decided to put on Punisher Warzone, which I haven't seen since it came out in theaters, to see if its better than I remember, and... so far (30 minutes in) its alot worse.

I remember Ray Stevenson being a far better Punisher than most give him credit for being.... he's a great actor, but the script is very bare bones for him to take and make a great scene from.

What REALLY blows my mind is that the production budget is billed to be $35 million, and this is feels like a higher-budget-direct-to-DVD movie for that 2008 era... while just 6 years later John Wick had a $20-30 million budget and looks like one of the best action movies you'd ever seen.

Dominick West has the best performance as the villain Jigsaw... who was a gangster, who punisher throws into a pit but he survives, and he has a 'takes bandages off his face and everyone is horrified scene.' If that sounds familiar you're not wrong because its a complete ripoff of the Joker's origin from Batman 1989, except this one isn't good at all.

Edit - Finished it, and it stays pretty consistently bad, though Ray Stevenson's few dramatic moments are memorable.

Of the 3 Punisher movies and 2-season Netflix series, I'm pretty sure this places 4th in the rankings. Would have to rewatch the 1989 Dolph Laundren movie to be sure.

If you want to watch a movie with Ray Stevenson in it to remember him I'd suggest avoiding this one.

Last edited:
Back