RDA vs Colby - How Does It Go?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
I personally think that Colby will be able to grind RDA for as long as he needs to. Rafael may have some moments, but I think he'll be largely flustered by Colby's pressure and pace.

Putting his antics aside, I really can't see why some people regard Colby as not being worthy of his top 5 spot. He's a better version of Jon Fitch (fite me) and it showed against Maia. His wrestling is second to none in the WW division, only matched by Woodley and Usman imo.

How does it play out? One more filthy animal going down, and a lot of depressed nerds afterwords

usa_today_10116448.0.jpg

I agree. I see Colby winning via pressure and high level wrestling.

RDA stuffs all his takedowns and destroys him on the feet via anything he wants.

RDA has all the tools to put another masterful performance and destroy him for 5 rounds. His pace is second to none and has been on a mission to get the belt.

War Rafa! Next WW champ!

I personally think that Colby will be able to grind RDA for as long as he needs to. Rafael may have some moments, but I think he'll be largely flustered by Colby's pressure and pace.

Putting his antics aside, I really can't see why some people regard Colby as not being worthy of his top 5 spot. He's a better version of Jon Fitch (fite me) and it showed against Maia. His wrestling is second to none in the WW division, only matched by Woodley and Usman imo.

I see it the same way. but SHHH I need people to think RDA is going to win so Colby is a big underdog and I can make bank.

Colby, the only fighter to get bloodied by Maia in striking. RDA will put a striking clinic on him.
Colby-Covington.png

RDA by extreme pressure

I see RDA beating some respect out of Colby. He'll be more humble after this beatdown.

RDA is a demon @ 170 he'll smack the sugar out of Colby's mouth real fast

Colby, the only fighter to get bloodied by Maia in striking. RDA will put a striking clinic on him.
Colby-Covington.png

RDA by extreme pressure
'cept, you know, Colby's strong suit isn't his striking, and he's obviously not going to employ the same gameplan he did against Maia for RDA.

RDA stuffs all his takedowns and destroys him on the feet via anything he wants.
See, stuffing the takedowns isn't the issue here, it's getting Colby off you, and I don't think RDA will be able to do that. Colby doesn't need to be successful with his takedowns to grind him out, if he can keep him in he clinch against the fence like he did against Kim, he can win very comfortably.

RDA has all the tools to put another masterful performance and destroy him for 5 rounds. His pace is second to none and has been on a mission to get the belt.

War Rafa! Next WW champ!
It's true that RDA has more tools to work with than Colby, but he also hasn't had much success against chain wrestlers before, so it's going to be interesting to see if he still makes the same mistakes he used to against Covington.

I'll say this, Rafael's pace is hellish if you let him dictate it, as soon as you start pressuring him back, he's not so scary anymore, especially if you engage in a suffocating grappling match like Colby will look to do.

Colby is younger, bigger, stronger and has absorbed less damage than Rda in his career. He takes it via decision or tko.

It will look like Rda vs Khebab.

'cept, you know, Colby's strong suit isn't his striking, and he's obviously not going to employ the same gameplan he did against Maia for RDA.

See, stuffing the takedowns isn't the issue here, it's getting Colby off you, and I don't think RDA will be able to do that. Colby doesn't need to be successful with his takedowns to grind him out, if he can keep him in he clinch against the fence like he did against Kim, he can win very comfortably.

It's true that RDA has more tools to work with than Colby, but he also hasn't had much success against chain wrestlers before, so it's going to be interesting to see if he still makes the same mistakes he used to against Covington.

I'll say this, Rafael's pace is hellish if you let him dictate it, as soon as you start pressuring him back, he's not so scary anymore, especially if you engage in a suffocating grappling match like Colby will look to do.
You don´t just simply keep someone in the clinch for 25 minutes, man. And comparing RDA to Kim is laughable.
Plus, Colby is not Khabib, he doesn´t have the same kind of chain wrestling the russian does. and Colby doesn´t have the striking to compete against RDA, getting exposed by Maia on the feet means a lot. And panic wrestling against RDA isn´t gonna cut it. He´s getting KO/TKOed by RDA.

I wan't RDA to win against Colby but i want to see Colby fight Woodley.

I feel like Colby's going to grind out a decision against RDA.

Too big, too strong a wrestler for RDA to handle.

You don´t just simply keep someone in the clinch for 25 minutes, man. And comparing RDA to Kim is laughable.
Plus, Colby is not Khabib, he doesn´t have the same kind of chain wrestling the russian does. and Colby doesn´t have the striking to compete against RDA, getting exposed by Maia on the feet means a lot. And panic wrestling against RDA isn´t gonna cut it. He´s getting KO/TKOed by RDA.
That's the thing, we don't know if RDA can actually stuff Colby's takedowns consistently, especially since Colby is one of those guys that will use the first shot to set up his next attempts.

I brought up the Kim fight because that was against a big, strong grappler that ended up getting outworked by Colby for 15 minutes, which only makes his wrestling look stronger.

He is gonna teach Colby this 3 words the hard way.

30708063_1765841896792269_4938189208931008512_o.jpg

That's the thing, we don't know if RDA can actually stuff Colby's takedowns consistently, especially since Colby is one of those guys that will use the first shot to set up his next attempts.

I brought up the Kim fight because that was against a big, strong grappler that ended up getting outworked by Colby for 15 minutes, which only makes his wrestling look stronger.
Trust me man, Colby hasn´t faced anyone like RDA yet, and RDA has been there with wrestlers before and the only one to have success was Khabib, who´s from a different planet. He is gonna punish Colby on the feet from the start, Colby is not gonna be able to deal with it, he´s gonna crumble.

The guy who had some trouble striking against Maia? Yeah.. Pretty sure it's RDA by KO/TKO

Either he holds RDA down or its gonna be a very very long night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back