Media Real or fake reaction by Ange Loosa to the eyepoke? Understandable frustration/words from Bryan Battle or no?

He got poked in the eye, but was ready to fight after battle called him a pussy lol.

Make it make sense.
He was always ready to fight. You see a quitter and it doesn't make sense, but he was ready to fight BLIND!!!!!

True warrior

The UFC was the real winner. Battle dominated the fight from the start, showed he's levels above Ange. So now Battle moves up the rankings ,Loosa moves down. The UFC wins since they didn't have to pay a win bonus.

Loosa vs Mike Mallot should be next.
Battle vs Magny

You can have compromised vision from and eye poke and then get angry about being eye poked. It's not like he got eye poked and then he's in a catatonic state of unconsciousness and doesn't know where he is.
He didn't try to fight Battle until someone got in front of him to hold him back. Watch the clip again, he's passive until someone gets in their way because then he knows they won't actually be able to fight. The guy is an obvious coward.

How is Battle a dumbass when he spoke nothing but the truth that you also agree with.
What he spoke was truth, but the way he said it and the way the interaction played out was showcasing his low IQ, it was embarrassing, just like how he was on TUF. You can tell he grew up around complete trash, because that's how he acts.

Last edited:
You could tell Loosa felt guilty as fuck after the decision was read. Didn't even really want to look at Battle lol.

Battle seems like an annoying turd tho.

Even if Loosa was looking for a way out Battle was the dumbass who poked him in the eye, don’t gouge eyes if you don’t want a no contest simple as that.

I don't know but the dude yelling "I swear to god I keel you!!" was pretty funny to me.

I'm torn on this.

It's not our place to medically diagnosis a fighter. We as fans have 0 say over who's "good enough to continue". Fighters far too often take less time during a break than they should, or continue to keep fighting when they shouldn't. Often this happens so they don't appear as weak to the fans, and fans have the final say on who's career takes off and who's doesn't. Ultimately this hurts the other fighters because now when somebody is unfit to continue, we'll trash them if they quit.

For example, Anthony Smith shouldn't have continued that fight and basically handed over the title belt on account of foolish pride. Did we sing his praises for it? No, his career floundered since. Tragic mistake by him and his team. But then we look at the flip side, when Aljo get's smashed by a blatant illegal blow fans are in uproar that he didn't continue and he didn't live it down despite multiple successful title defenses.

Lucky (or not) for us the UFC isn't a real sport so wins and losses don't matter. If the UFC isn't happy with a performance, regardless of official outcome, they don't actually have to give you anymore fights, promote you, or do anything to help further your career. They can make you fodder overnight.

Battle didn't get the full No Eye Poking Warning from the Ref -- so he felt emboldened.

The fact that one-eyed Bisping seemed to relish Battle's outburst -- seemed odd.

Hopefully Loosa and Battle both get KO’s in their next fight. Cringey AF.

To me, he looked like he could continue but I’m not the fighter and I’m not feeling what he’s feeling so who am I to say?

But I think not taking the full 5 minutes opens you up to these accusations.

He seemed fine to try and fight Battle a minute after the fight had been stopped because he couldn't see so I'm going to go ahead and agree with Bryan that he was full of shit.

Even if Loosa was looking for a way out Battle was the dumbass who poked him in the eye, don’t gouge eyes if you don’t want a no contest simple as that.
He probably thought they were fighting under John Jones rules. Three eye pokes two goin strikes and an illegal elbow before any points are taken

He didn't try to fight Battle until someone got in front of him to hold him back. Watch the clip again, he's passive until someone gets in their way because then he knows they won't actually be able to fight. The guy is an obvious coward.
One time in sparring an experienced pro fighter completely sucker punched me. He hit me as hard as he could and broke my nose so bad it was sideways. I wanted to fight him, but i knew he was a good fighter and I was already compromised because my nose was fucked up so I walked away.

Same thing, Loose is mad he got eye gouged. He wants to fight battle, but knows he's not in a condition to actually fight.

Have you guys ever been eyepoked or accidentally poked yourself? Or got something in your eye? It waters up fast, you have to blink it like an idiot, you want to rub it (the eye, you perv), it gets red and it’s hard to keep it open.

Did Loosa show any of these symptoms after a minute? Did he look like he was eyepoked before when he was shouting that he’ll kill Battle? No?

There’s your answer.

One time in sparring an experienced pro fighter completely sucker punched me
How does one sucker punch someone he’s in a fight with? I mean yeah, it’s sparring but you expect to get punched and do some punching yourself.

It’s like you play 1v1 in basketball and all of sudden the other guy fking donks on you. What’s all that about??

Ange Loosa could have continued and chose not to by faking the eye injury.

My evidence

1) ange loosa wasn’t blinding the eye or reacting the typical way from eyepoke
2) he didn’t even try to take the full 5 minutes. Gabe in around the 2 minute mark and used the fight ending words “I can’t see”
3) after the fight his vision was completely fine during his interaction with battle

I mean, it’s all there. He wanted out of that fight asap

Back