Realistically how much far can Lyoto Machida Go in the Bellator?

alvaro franco

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Realistically how much far can Lyoto Machida go and how much competitive will be in the Bellator Middleweight division?
There are fighters like Mousasi, Alexander Shlemenko, Rafael Carvalho, Melvin Manhoef and Muhammed Lawal.

Mmmm i dunno.

Honestly. Maybe go to lhw and fight bader again?

Top 5 maybe top 3. Although he just lost to Moose, I have a strange feeling Rafael Carvalho will starch him.

IDK man. I love Lyoto, but his best years are behind him.

I don't think he'll beat Moose again. Maybe top 3 or top 5

It’s Bellator man he’s going to straight to the top lol. All kidding aside I’m hoping he can string together a few wins there.

Well he already beat Moose, and the other guys are worse than Moose. He's older now so things could go differently, but he has a chance to beat all of them.

I think he'll fight for the LHW title, but not the MW title. Either way, he loses to both champs.

I know he beat Mousasi before, but Lyoto hasn't looked very good for a while, whereas Gegard could be the UFC champ had he stayed.

And I wish he had, because win or lose, a fight between him and Whittaker would be fun to watch.

A motivated Machida is top three, but I can't see him winning the belt. Although he has that win over Gegard I can't see that happening again, both guys at different points of their careers.

As long as he’s still hydrating with ammonia heavy fluids, he could soar like a goose.

Are you really listing Melvin Manhoef like that name means anything in 2018? And I don't think King Mo has ever fought at MW?

Moose/Shlemenko/Carvalho are the only decent MW's in Bellator. The Dragon is instantly top 5, even as a 40 year old shell of his former self. With that said, who knows if he'll even fight at MW. I wouldn't be shocked if they threw him in against Fedor at HW. It's Bellator, who knows.

Are you really listing Melvin Manhoef like that name means anything in 2018? And I don't think King Mo has ever fought at MW?

Moose/Shlemenko/Carvalho are the only decent MW's in Bellator. The Dragon is instantly top 5, even as a 40 year old shell of his former self. With that said, who knows if he'll even fight at MW. I wouldn't be shocked if they threw him in against Fedor at HW. It's Bellator, who knows.

lol

Manhoef is still a dangerous fight for everybody from MW and up. Only takes one punch and power is the last thing to go.

King Mo announced a move to MW after his loss to Bader at Bellator 199

Machida could probably still make top 5 but Moose murders him in a rematch

He will probably get an immediate title shot and get KOd by Moose. Then a few contender fights which he will win and then retire.

Still has something left in him. He could make it to the title shot based on nothing more than his name. I don't think he could climb to a title shot if he had to string together 3-4 wins though. I don't think he could get past Lovato or even salter at this point. He could get past a Chidi considering Chidi has shown nothing on the ground.

He's already beaten Mousasi and Bader, so.........

Back