Realistically, who is able to beat Charlie Olives?

What if Volkanovski went up and became champ champ holy crap

holloway is literally better now than he was 7 years ago, and already made oliveira straight up quit in less than 2 minutes. suddenly, he just can’t beat him now? because you say so? right.

And so is Charles.
holloway is literally better now than he was 7 years ago, and already made oliveira straight up quit in less than 2 minutes. suddenly, he just can’t beat him now? because you say so? right.

Charles has improved leaps and bounds too.

People think Max would beat Conor now even though he lost to him years ago. Its the exact same situation here with Charles and max

Gaethje for sure. Chandler almost KO’ed Oli and Gaethje has a much harder punching power than him.

I thought Justin is a good pick too but he gives his back so easily.. but his striking might be a problem for Charles..

Has Fiziev's grappling been tested? Honest question..
Yes, he was taken down by striker Brad Riddell. Fiziev is also very small for LW.

Probably Makhachev. I honestly think these elite Dagestani grapplers are immune to BJJ. I'm no big fan of Islam, but I reckon he cruises to a UD.

As titled. Realistically, who is able to beat Charles? My picks are (not in order):

-Islam
-Max Holloway
-RDA

Tons of dudes. He gets dropped often and lw has tons of killers. He's a great champ but he isn't unbeatable all the sudden. I think Gaethje is going to get it done actually.

I thought Justin is a good pick too but he gives his back so easily.. but his striking might be a problem for Charles..

Has Fiziev's grappling been tested? Honest question..
forget grappling, fiziev’s striking has been tested and come up short. the bobby green decision is one of the worst in recent memory.

No, It’s really that far off. Holloway hasn’t beaten one notable opponent at LW but he’s gonna come in and dust off the champion who just had 2 incredible finishes over elite fighters. One of those guys Max lost to

not happening
All max has to do is keep it standing. A tough task for sure but even at 155 max is a way better striker and would easily beat him on points if it ended up being a mostly kickboxing match. So to say he has no chance is rediculous were not talking about khabib here where its absolutely inevitable that he will get you down and hold you there. Also max is very good at getting away from takedowns in scrambles I would favor charles but not by a ton.

Everyone is dangerous for Charles in UFC LW because of his defense, I really don't like his defense at all, its just asking for trouble, someone could put him out cold. I am not hating at all, just being totally honest, its too easy to land flush on him.. its worrying to me.

He has improved a lot and is more tough now and he is skilled everywhere and has great subs and good knees and elbows too.. he can beat anyone in the division but everyone is a threat to him I think because of the way he fights and his defense, don't think I've ever seen anyone not land flush on him, all those prelim fights he had the guys were hitting him so easily. Its a big red flag to me.. but I don't want to take away from his skills.. he is super talented.

He was already badly hurt and close to being finished in his title win and his one title defence. Gaethje definitely has the ability to hurt him bad with strikes too.

Hmmmm.. wish match up would be able to see Ortega come up in weight class and fight Charles

In a submission grappling match maybe...in mma Charles mops the floor with Ortega imho. His standup and reach advantage are more than enough to destroy Ortega on the feet and is way bigger than anybody Ortega has ever fought.

Conor with the mystic left! everyone knows what happened to the last brazillian!

I gotta say, I'm impressed with how Charles seems to have gained the ability to recover from hardships in fights as opposed to always folding as he had become somewhat known for from time to time.

His striking looks crisp and if he latches on to fighters they're as good as fucked. There are very few that can survive on the ground if he gets them there. Absolute anaconda on the mat.

As titled. Realistically, who is able to beat Charles? My picks are (not in order):

-Islam
-Max Holloway
-RDA
realistically ? every single fighter who dropped him already, which means a lot

The Islam fight will be interesting. Charlie has a clear advantage on the feet and won't fear being taken down.

Gaethje will need to KO him before there's a clinch & body lock, because his sub defence isn't stopping that L

Back