Reality check: SJWs don't want to help only persecute

You don't see how a sjw could do the exact same and be equally justified.

I like to think i hold myself to a higher standard.

I don't think that stands up to scrutiny. It is these SJW organizations' playbook. They aren't using it defensively as I am suggesting, they are using as a offensive rhetorical device.

I have a solution for SJW's. You have to high road them.

SJW: Your racist/ Your a misogynist/ Your a homophobe.....ect.

Me: You care about brown people, women, gays? Chexk your first world priviledge bro. Why aren't you talking about the brown people dying in the 100,000's in the ME, by American made weapons?

You care about women? You should check your first world priveledge bro. Women are dying as human shields and being sold as slaves in Yemen.

You care about gays? Check your first world priveledge bro, their throwing gays off of roofs in the ME.

They honestly don't know how to respond to someone playing their stupid game, better than they do.
Uhhh, have you tried doing that to anyone with half a brain? Because they'll see right through that.

And the label "SJW" is just an insult, not something a lot of the people you define as SJW would agree with.

Caring about gay people is being an "SJW" now. So edgy.

I don't dislike you or anything but this post is weak sauce. You're basically going "but what about the Middle East, checkmate SJW's" which is a bad deflecting tactic.

Do you think that people support that? Can you point me to where a “SJW” is quoted or posts something voicing support Muslims throwing gays off of buildings? Maybe something where they are in support of using women as shields?
It's the geographic equivalent of "but Obama"

I don't think that stands up to scrutiny. It is these SJW organizations' playbook. They aren't using it defensively as I am suggesting, they are using as a offensive rhetorical device.

And they feel the same about you i bet.

Im sorry but "he started it" doesn't excuse your actions.

It's a word or a phrase? Phrases tend to be a concise combination of words that do a fine job of conveying meaning. How would you better capture the phenomena of people who try to shame others in order to feel like they're elevating their own status?

Did he? Or is he criticizing something more specific than anyone who addresses minority issues?

This is an assumption that is made. You are a claiming to know somebody's intent when you usually don't. You can always attribute some narcissistic intent to somebody's opinion.

I often get the impression that accusing somebody of virtue signaling is a very convenient way to dismiss their argument without having to actually respond to it was critical thought. Which is what these buzz words and phrases always do. They give non-critical thinkers and easy pass to avoid actually formulating an opinion, while doubling as an insult.

Donald Trump's entire campaign could be argued to be based on virtue signaling. But the term did not come up because his fans are the people who like to use the term most, and they only like to use it about people they disagree with.

Me: You care about brown people, women, gays? Chexk your first world priviledge bro. Why aren't you talking about the brown people dying in the 100,000's in the ME, by American made weapons?

You care about women? You should check your first world priveledge bro. Women are dying as human shields and being sold as slaves in Yemen.

You care about gays? Check your first world priveledge bro, their throwing gays off of roofs in the ME.

They honestly don't know how to respond to someone playing their stupid game, better than they do.
I'm liberal and I do something similar to SJWs. I don't say "First world privileged" though lol.

Examples:
SJW: Trump is racist to brown people
Me: Hillary killed hundreds of thousands of brown ppl with the Iraq War

SJW: Different culture. Hard to judge.
Me: Shows video of gays being thrown off rooftops in the middle east.

It doesn't work to change SJWs, though, usually. Like religious people, it's hard to change someone when they're stuck in their beliefs.

Isn't our president singling out gays and foreigners? How does that equate to sjws doing it?

@HomerThompson slacking already.

<{clintugh}>

The fucked up thing is that all of the racist shit was fake social media accounts and not actually from this kids Mother. The SJW's got trolled into cyber bullying Keaton and his family.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tennessee-boys-anti-bullying-video/943058001/

I wonder how many sherdoggers attacked this kid and his family over this?

That's not what that article says at all. That article says that fake fundraisers were set up by scammers.

The pictures of her with the confederate flag are not fake. It's no reason to harass her on the internet, of course, but I am not sure how you decided it was fake?

It's an interesting story. People rightly understand the kid's pain but if the mom is out there belittling the plight of others, it sets up quite the counterpoint.

She's sitting there walking her kid through the "How does that make you feel?" emotional pleas while seemingly mocking the feelings of others. Hypocrisy much? She's not on video telling her kid to stop crying.

I don't see how that's about SJW's and not about the larger issue of people crying about the same shit they're doing to others.

I was unaware that SJW's were thought by anyone to actually be helping anyone but themselves.....

That's not what that article says at all. That article says that fake fundraisers were set up by scammers.

The pictures of her with the confederate flag are not fake. It's no reason to harass her on the internet, of course, but I am not sure how you decided it was fake?
My question still stands.

And yet my problem with SJW's is how they pigeon hole, dismiss, and silence, with their own reductive language like racist, misogynist, homosphobe, islamaphobe.

I am an athiest, but I like the golden rule, and an eye for an eye. One of my favorite turn of phrase, is, what is good for the goose, is good for the gander. I personally believe that fighting fire with fire, is an effective tactic.
Some people concerned with social justice issues overuse words like racist, sexist, etc. (although, the flipside is that these words are also often used perfectly justifiably, in part because they are well-defined terms and not buzzwords), and I acknowledged that. However, all that the term "SJW" does is A) attempt to homogenize and strawman anyone with any concerns concerning social justice, and B) attempt to shame anyone from arguing in favor of social justice issues. I don't think you're doing it maliciously (granted, I don't know you. I just like to try to think the best of people), but when you throw around reactionary buzzwords, you, quite frankly, ARE advancing an ideology that is racist, sexist, etc.

Did he? Or is he criticizing something more specific than anyone who addresses minority issues?

Maybe he's trying to, and maybe if he were to rephrase his argument without ill-defined reactionary buzzwords his criticism might be something I could agree with, or at least participate in a dialogue about. That's the problem with buzzwords. They kill good faith discourse.

The true SJWs are like religious extremists, a group they would attack which makes me just kinda laugh.

They're usually dumb as fuck too. I was told that I was racist for having a Punisher skull decal with an American flag overlay on my truck. Keep in mind, I am half Japanese and look almost Samoan.... ssssooooo, I just started laughing in their face.

Some people concerned with social justice issues overuse words like racist, sexist, etc. (although, the flipside is that these words are also often used perfectly justifiably, in part because they are well-defined terms and not buzzwords), and I acknowledged that. However, all that the term "SJW" does is A) attempt to homogenize and strawman anyone with any concerns concerning social justice, and B) attempt to shame anyone from arguing in favor of social justice issues. I don't think you're doing it maliciously (granted, I don't know you. I just like to try to think the best of people), but when you throw around reactionary buzzwords, you, quite frankly, ARE advancing an ideology that is racist, sexist, etc.

I see where you are coming from here, but people that lean left, have to put a stop to this stuff. It isn't OK to use the words in a way that is crying wolf. It makes those words meaningless.

I don't view SJW's as allies because of this damage they are doing.

Calling trump a Nazi is a good example of this. What happens if trump actually does something really dangerous, and no one is listening because he has already been called Hitler over and over?

My biggest concern with SJW people is the overuse of things like "literally Hitler" and the like. It has made words like racist lose almost any weight they used to have. In the example above from my truck it's gotten to the point when I get called a racist I just start laughing cause it's a joke now.

This is an assumption that is made. You are a claiming to know somebody's intent when you usually don't. You can always attribute some narcissistic intent to somebody's opinion.

I often get the impression that accusing somebody of virtue signaling is a very convenient way to dismiss their argument without having to actually respond to it was critical thought. Which is what these buzz words and phrases always do. They give non-critical thinkers and easy pass to avoid actually formulating an opinion, while doubling as an insult.

Donald Trump's entire campaign could be argued to be based on virtue signaling. But the term did not come up because his fans are the people who like to use the term most, and they only like to use it about people they disagree with.

I guess if the SJW's weren't making their own assumptions regarding intent when they try to brand people as racist, homophobe, etc., nobody would be peering into their psyche. What goes around comes around.

Virtue-signaling seldom involves any argument. Just shaming based on a knee-jerk PC reaction.

Fuck Trump.

Maybe he's trying to, and maybe if he were to rephrase his argument without ill-defined reactionary buzzwords his criticism might be something I could agree with, or at least participate in a dialogue about. That's the problem with buzzwords. They kill good faith discourse.

I usually just ask him questions when things aren't clear. He's pretty good at expanding his words.

Back