Recent fights/results/news from England

All the luck in the world for Super Fight Series (interesting name...). Followed them since the beginning and their social media is such tacky horribleness. Hey here is us in front of some expensive cars -->associate us with money. Hey people gossipping about us blaablaa if you only knew who was backing us... etc. Big name behind the promotion, we just won't tell you by who because...

Ran by someone with a 13yr old boys sense of whats cool.

Just have a professional look and put on good fights okay.

Last edited:
All the luck in the world for Super Fight Series (interesting name...). Followed them since the beginning and their social media is such tacky horribleness. Hey here is us in front of some expensive cars -->associate us with money. Hey people gossipping about us blaablaa if you only knew who was backing us... etc. Big name behind the promotion, we just won't tell you by who because...

Ran by someone with a 13yr old boys sense of whats cool.

Just have a professional look and put on good fights okay.

Yeah they are annoying on facebook. Every few hours there are posts. The event sells itself to be honest with you. Also for them to announce names was so early as well. May is a long time, they've been promoting it for months now. I reckon they should have done it later.

Shades - where are you from?

The money man is called Paul Partridge. Think he is into Taekwondo or something.

10906500_10205667444427160_2802958553869171321_n.jpg

Nice to see Ostrovanu on the card, I think it will be between him and Whelan.

Then Terrill in the same tournament with Tate. Lyndon, is he related to Chris Knowles?

I just don"t like this name of the promotion, totally lame. I have no idea who is Alex Bublea, is he a compatriot? Ostrovanu is pretty good prospect, I watched him in Enfusion destroying Bacuna.

Nice to see Ostrovanu on the card, I think it will be between him and Whelan.

Then Terrill in the same tournament with Tate. Lyndon, is he related to Chris Knowles?

I just don"t like this name of the promotion, totally lame. I have no idea who is Alex Bublea, is he a compatriot? Ostrovanu is pretty good prospect, I watched him in Enfusion destroying Bacuna.

yeah they are brothers. Can't exactly remember Ostravanu fighting but Whelan is a good fighter. I ike the Seveket guy a lot as well

Greg Wooton interview
Hi Greg, could you introduce yourself ?

Hi my name is Greg Wootton. I’m 24 years old and my fight record is 33 fights with 29 wins and 4 losses. I started training Muay Thai at 16 years old so have been training for 8 years now.

You defeated Petboonchu ! How did you do ??

I fought with Petchboonchu at the end of November in Scotland. It was a good fight and quite exciting from the start as I knocked him down with an elbow in the first round. This set it up well as he knew the knockdown put him behind so had to come forward strong to catch up. I felt really good and things seemed to come together on the day. I fought by hitting and repositioning a lot trying to keep out of the clinch where Petchboonchu is very skilled. I have not seen the fight back yet so this is from memory of the moment, the fight can seem different when watching it back.

What does this fight represent in your career ?

It represents a good victory over a top Thai fighter and a current top level Thai fighter as opposed to someone past their prime. I hope this will help me become more recognized and lead onto more fights with great fighters on good promotions.

Petboonchu is regarded as the best pound for pound muaythai fighter. Does it mean YOU are the best actually?

No I don’t think so. In order to be the considered the best pound for pound fighter, the fighter needs to show consistent success and skill in beating many top fighters and in the process winning many accolades.

You also fought Pakorn. Why didn't you defeat him ?

When I fought with Pakorn I came away disappointed as I felt like I could have done better and did not perform to the best I could. Part of the reason for this was in the fight before I had lost by knock out so perhaps that had caused me to be more reserved and take less risks in the fight with Pakorn.

How did you get into muaythai ?

I used to play many sports but mostly football as a boy. When I stopped playing football I looked for another sport to play to keep fit and Healthy. A good friend at school was training Thaiboxing so I started going with him and really enjoyed it. It just went on from there, training more and starting to compete.

Where do you train ?

I train at KO gym in London with my coach Bill Judd and David Paquette. I didn’t choose the gym especially as it was the first one I tried with my friend. So I was lucky to walk into a good gym first time. I have met a lot of fantastic people from all walks of life there who are now my good friends which I am very grateful for.

What kind of fighter you are ?

I’d say watch some of my fights and you can judge for yourself what type of fighter I am. I am fairly tall for the weight I compete at so use a lot of longer range strikes but I try to be well rounded in all techniques.

You were supposed to face Liam HARRISON last June but unfortunately the fight was cancelled. We were so disappointed ! When will we see this fight ?

I am not sure when the fight will happen or if it will happen. I would like to fight top level fighters and compete against the best. Liam is undoubtedly up there but I’m not defined by whether or not this fight happens.

You lost by KO vs Chris BAYA. Is this fighter very tough ?

I lost by 1st round KO very early on. I was doing ok starting off then got caught with a good punch. I think it can happen to anyone competing at a high level. Chris is a good fighter and is strong as he has knocked out a few people in his career. I believe I can beat him if we fought again and during the first fight there was quite a large weight difference between us so if we fought again it would be at the same weight.

You won the WMC Europe Title against France's Sofiane DERDEGA. Do you remember this fight ?

It was a good fight, quite technical as he is a good counter fighter and can be evasive so was tricky to walk him down and land clean strikes. It was a few years ago now (2010) and I think I have changed as a fighter.

What fighters would you like to face ?

I would like to fight with the best fighters around my weight 63-65kg. I don’t mind who that is but it would be nice to fight on good promotions around the world.

What is your main goal in your career ?

To fight with the best and win, pick up many titles along the way, make my family and friends proud and if possible to inspire others to believe in themselves be brave and change their lives in a positive way whether that is through Muay Thai or not.

- See more at: http://www.muaythaitv.com/news/greg...nchu-n4443.html#sthash.vLzZcGS6.EiTleFAW.dpuf

While Greg is not the finished article and has areas he needs to improve, I think it's easy to underestimate the pressure he puts his opponents under. Pakorn sussed him out in their fight but not everybody is capable of doing what Pakorn did.

As that interview shows he is still quite humble I'm looking forward to see how much he is able to improve in his next fights, hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

10993429_918109141554772_3384084526421854359_n.jpg

Gregs next fight is against Redouane Bencheriffe on the Blood & Glory card in London

Chris Cooper won the ISKA 100kg English title last night on stand and bamg

Today at the super MTC. Brian Totty beat David Tieu for the 66kg iska intercontinental title. This was an excellent fight. David got droppe dby an elbow but he came back strong.
Jose Varela beat David Morales on points. good match up
Matthew Tieu beat Giampero Sportelli by 1st round tko. was a complete mismatch
Christie Brereton beat Alexanda Timar from spain. Ref waved it off in the 4th round. The elbows were hurting her

The next super mtc will be in the o2 arena

14th of arch wulinfend will be in earls court. Kerith Bella Andrew Groce and Reece Powell will be on the show

poster5.jpg

KTMMA%203%20Flyer%204%20low%20res.jpg

he next KTMMA will feature ten England versus China bouts, of which four will be MMA, featuring two of China’s most well-known fighters Wang Guan and Yao Honggong, plus first gen MMA fighter Wu Haotian and Nurla Mulali.
They will be facing Josh Palmer (color commentator for Cage Warriors), Jefferson “Shadow Demon Blaximus” George, Dani Vinni, and undefeated Dean Garnett.
KTMMA has been running in England since 2013 and Wulinfeng in China since 2004. Wulinfeng has also held kickboxing events in Tokyo, Las Vegas, Hamburg, New Zealand, Kuala Lumpur, Thailand, Ireland and Seoul.
The event will be broadcast in China on Henan TV to over 150 million viewers and satellite transmitted via Zhongxing 6B, whose HNTV signal can be picked up from Europe, Asia, and Oceania, reaching 53 countries in total.
The event will take place on Saturday March 14th at the ILEC Conference Centre in Earls Court, London, England.

Chris Cooper won the ISKA 100kg English title last night on stand and bamg

Today at the super MTC. Brian Totty beat David Tieu for the 66kg iska intercontinental title. This was an excellent fight. David got droppe dby an elbow but he came back strong.
Jose Varela beat David Morales on points. good match up
Matthew Tieu beat Giampero Sportelli by 1st round tko. was a complete mismatch
Christie Brereton beat Alexanda Timar from spain. Ref waved it off in the 4th round. The elbows were hurting her
Its a shame matthew tieu doesnt fight more, i actually thought he retired, seen him fight once and he was absolutely clinical!

Its a shame matthew tieu doesnt fight more, i actually thought he retired, seen him fight once and he was absolutely clinical!

yeah he is talented. I'd like to see him in harder fights though

Is this the first time WLF has promoted a show outside of China?

Is this the first time WLF has promoted a show outside of China?

no they have been all over the world! They have been to vegas a couple of times,dubai, and all over asia. They have been putting on fights for years where they co-promote with a local promoter all over the world. yi long got koed in vegas years ago and also just beat cyrus washington in vegas last year on wlf copromoted shows. I remember fang bian put a beating on shawn yarborough years ago on one also.

They copromoted the fights on the kings cup this last year with songchai also

Pakorn cancel all his fights on Lumpinee this month(vs Singdam and Pakorn).

He is really focused in Liam Harrison,Saenchai defeated Harrison on their 3 bouts,he will give some hints to pakorn about Harisson and he go outclass him in a unanimous decision i guess

Pakorn cancel all his fights on Lumpinee this month(vs Singdam and Pakorn).

He is really focused in Liam Harrison,Saenchai defeated Harrison on their 3 bouts,he will give some hints to pakorn about Harisson and he go outclass him in a unanimous decision i guess

I more afraid about future cancelling off liam harrison lol

Yokpetch Kiatphontip (Thailand) v Dean James (uk) (Pra Chao Suua) @58kg

main event of the kiatphontip fight show on 28th February , excellent performance from the 19 year old thai against uk no.1 at 55-58kg

part1
[YT]_HWe33Lipl0[/YT]

part2
[YT]eXhdN-evwZc[/YT]

Back