Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

fight's from omnoi (couldn't find it earlier for some reason...i think facebook page got removed or someone reported the page)...anyway, here it is:

edit: sorry guys, won't let me embed it.

@esum80 Do you know why two top fighters such as Superlek and Ginsanlek are not in ranked at Raja and Lumpinee in the top 10, according to MT2000?

@esum80 Do you know why two top fighters such as Superlek and Ginsanlek are not in ranked at Raja and Lumpinee in the top 10, according to MT2000?

@Kanka @Yodsanan @Tayski correct me if i am wrong but those rankings are probably determined by the frequency at which they fight at the stadiums as well as their win rate. superlek fought like every other or few months at the stadiums vs. guys from jitmuangnon, petchyindee or sidchefboonthum who fight at a ferocious rate of every few weeks. gingsanglek last fought..what, a year ago?

@Kanka @Yodsanan @Tayski correct me if i am wrong but those rankings are probably determined by the frequency at which they fight at the stadiums as well as their win rate. superlek fought like every other or few months at the stadiums vs. guys from jitmuangnon, petchyindee or sidchefboonthum who fight at a ferocious rate of every few weeks. gingsanglek last fought..what, a year ago?

I believe you're right, the ranking is with the fighters who are in the 'active roster' so to speak, but I am not as much of an expert as you are :)

Wouldn't read too much into the rankings. Alot of them don't make any sense. Although Kingsanglek being unranked makes perfect sense.

the bracket for the one championship 8 man FW kickboxing grandprix has been released:

57232062_2280077022054446_6412338026344611840_o.jpg

the bracket for the one championship 8 man FW kickboxing grandprix has been released:

I really like that. I'm expecting Yodsanklai vs Petrosyan to get to the finals is everything goes right.

Phetmorrakot vs Petrosyan is an odd one though. I think Phetmorrakot is rather small for 70 kg and Petrosyan has much more experience. Phetmorakot would probably do well in kickboxing but this matchup isn't good. Btw what are their rules regarding the clinch?

Last edited:
I really like that. I'm expecting Yodsanklai vs Petrosyan to get to the finals is everything goes right.

Phetmorrakot vs Petrosyan is an odd one though. I think Phetmorrakot is rather small for 70 kg and Petrosyan has much more experience. Phetmorakot would probably do well in kickboxing but this matchup isn't good. Btw what are their rules regarding the clinch?

from what i have seen in the kickboxing matches, they break up the clinch almost immediately (less than 3 seconds); it's almost similar to glory.

in the one fc muay thai matches, they let it go a bit longer but they still disengage and reset the fighters faster than say in thailand.

Petro UD Petchmorakot
The GOAT UD Souwer
Yod Decapitates Samy
Askerov UD Enriko

Petro UD da GOAT
Yod UD Askerov

Yod UD Petro

I predict these things.

A Petro vs Yod final seems almost guaranteed. The only way I see it different is if Petmorakot shows up jacked on the Buakaw sauce lol

A Petro vs Yod final seems almost guaranteed. The only way I see it different is if Petmorakot shows up jacked on the Buakaw sauce lol

Or if Kehl pulls out another upset like he's done many times.

Will the fights be 3 or 5 rounds?

I'd say 3 rounds if the other fights they've run before are anything to go by.

What I'm really curious about is what gloves are gonna be used, standard boxing gloves or mma gloves? :)

What I'm really curious about is what gloves are gonna be used, standard boxing gloves or mma gloves? :)

Ok it seems it will be with standard boxing gloves according to this interview with Yodsanklai:
https://www.fightmag.com.au/2019/04...-possibly-face-petrosyan-in-one-championship/

In addition, Yodsanklai said that the regular [boxing] gloves might put him at “a slight disadvantage”.

“If I face Andy [Souwer] again, I think it will be different with the bigger gloves, too.”

Ok it seems it will be with standard boxing gloves according to this interview with Yodsanklai:
https://www.fightmag.com.au/2019/04...-possibly-face-petrosyan-in-one-championship/

In addition, Yodsanklai said that the regular [boxing] gloves might put him at “a slight disadvantage”.

“If I face Andy [Souwer] again, I think it will be different with the bigger gloves, too.”

yeah, i think that with kickboxing, it's the standard boxing glove. muay thai is with the 4oz mma gloves like how JWP did with cage muay thai

Back