Redemption for Khabib at UFC 210

Private Whatley

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Trying to make lemonade out of lemons here but what would be the likelihood that the UFC could throw together a Khabib Michael Chiesa matchup for next month? Despite his recent hospitalization, he's had a full training camp and would otherwise be ready to go. Provided that Chiesa is in shape and not too heavy - a distinct possibility given that he could very well be the biggest LW on the roster - why not pair them up? Khabib needs to redeem himself somewhat and a quick turnaround could work wonders for rehabilitating his image. Moreover, the fight makes sense from a rankings standpoint. I remember the Khabib MJ fight announcement taking place at the 205 press conference roughly six weeks before the event; while this would be a slightly quicker turnaround, Khabib has been in camp. The UFC/WME need to do everything they can to bolster these cards particularly those headlined by dudes with penchants for pulling out, i.e DC. If they're feeling really froggy they could rebook Khabib Ferguson and then you'd have a Johnson-Cormier, Khabib Ferguson double header although if I were El Cucuy, I'd ask for a pay bump. In the event that Khabib and Cormier both pull out, which isn't even a remote stretch, there needs to be a serious overhaul at that camp.

Fuck Khabib. I'm still pissed.

Between injuries and weight fails, I'm not sure he can be counted on anymore. Shame, cuz he's a straight up beast.

I'd rebook Ferguson vs. Khabib for 211 with the caveat that if Khabib pulls out for any reason he will be forced to fight at welterweight for his subsequent fights.

Fuck no.Khabib had his chance and he screwed up

raw

He went full Hendricks, and that´s pretty bad.

I'd rebook Ferguson vs. Khabib for 211 with the caveat that if Khabib pulls out for any reason he will be forced to fight at welterweight for his subsequent fights.

211 is in Texas. 210 is in Buffalo, New York.
Why would they go with 211 over 210? Plus they already did fight camp.

Even though I'm mad at Khabib, I think they should just reschedule Tony vs Khabib to 210 or 211.
We all want to see that fight.

Fuck that. Let him go to the back of the line. Ferguson's earned a title shot

211 is in Texas. 210 is in Buffalo, New York.
Why would they go with 211 over 210? Plus they already did fight camp.
If our boy Khabib had to be hospitalized I take it that his kidneys aren't ready for another grueling weight cut so soon.

Or maybe I'm just being emotional because I've never been so invested in a fight and fighter. :( :( :(

Fuck that. Let him go to the back of the line. Ferguson's earned a title shot
Barao didn't go to the back of the line when he pulled out from his real actual championship fight with Dilla literally the day of. They just rebooked it again.

So piss off m8.

If our boy Khabib had to be hospitalized I take it that his kidneys aren't ready for another grueling weight cut so soon.

Or maybe I'm just being emotional because I've never been so invested in a fight and fighter. :( :( :(

New York is the biggest market for this fight, so it makes sense. Plus DC and Johnson are on the card. DC is AKA, and Johnson is signed to Abdelaziz. So he has a lot of power to easily make this event happen, someone just needs to tell him about it. The hype is there, and two big title fights would make up for 208 and 209. It could be huge.

Khabib should be forced to vacate his LW rankings because of his recent failure to make weight, and be booked soon as a WW. A fight against Robbie would be fascinating. Khabib simply can't be trusted anymore to make weight as a LW, or shouldn't be trusted anyway. He let everyone down. Never again.

Rebooking it for 210 makes sense. They're already in fight shape and another month to train won't hurt, especially as it gives Khabib a little more time to get his shit together.

I could just as well, however, see it headlining a Fight Night card in a few weeks.

They already poured x amount of promotion and publicity into the fight as a PPV match, with the media calls, press conferences, Embedded videos and whatnot, and I don't see them doing all of that again - Nor do I see them just omitting all of that if they were to co-headline another PPV - so the solution is to headline a Fight Night card within the next month or so.

Barao didn't go to the back of the line when he pulled out from his real actual championship fight with Dilla literally the day of. They just rebooked it again.

So piss off m8.

^^^This, the anger seems to be amplified because a shot at Connor, maybe is involved

Rebooking it for 210 makes sense. They're already in fight shape and another month to train won't hurt, especially as it gives Khabib a little more time to get his shit together.

I could just as well, however, see it headlining a Fight Night card in a few weeks.

They already poured x amount of promotion and publicity into the fight as a PPV match, with the media calls, press conferences, Embedded videos and whatnot, and I don't see them doing all of that again - Nor do I see them just omitting all of that if they were to co-headline another PPV - so the solution is to headline a Fight Night card within the next month or so.
Well, they could just re-upload the footage with the Woodley/Thompson bits edited out a few days before the fight LOL.

Back