Remember that Pereira slept Strickland in 2 minutes, Hill is still legit

heohanwuoc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Everybody thought that Strickland was a bum after he got KO'd in a few minutes by Pereira, but after a few fights he dominated Adesanya and became the MW champ.
The same thing happened with Hill in UFC 300, he got slept after a few minutes by Pereira and everybody acted like he was a bum and not on champ's level.
But is Hill a bum, or Pereira is just that good?
2148568365.jpg

1406451680.0.jpg

the division is pretty weak, at worst Hill'll be the classic perennial top 3 guy.

Hill has not done a goddamn thing in this sport to prove he's a top 5 LHW. Not a single thing.

there is no reason to think AT ALL, that hill would beat

- Jan
- Rakic
- Ankalev
- Jiri
- Roundtree Jr
- krylov

He had a paper belt and now everyone has pumped him up.

What the fight showed is that when he's not worried about a big grappling threat, Alex's standup is a level above everyone else's in the division. The fact that he got Jamahal to leave himself wide open for the first big punch he threw is pretty remarkable. The fight was a wipeout.

Hill has not done a goddamn thing in this sport to prove he's a top 5 LHW. Not a single thing.

there is no reason to think AT ALL, that hill would beat

- Jan
- Rakic
- Ankalev
- Jiri
- Roundtree Jr
- krylov

He had a paper belt and now everyone has pumped him up.

Just checked his list of opponents and I'm actually surprised by how light it is.

Just checked his list of opponents and I'm actually surprised by how light it is.
everyone he's beaten recently came off losses. On paper his best win is santos, but santos after jones had zero knees remaining and was marred with injury, so with context applied it's not a highly impressive win.

Everybody thought that Strickland was a bum after he got KO'd in a few minutes by Pereira, but after a few fights he dominated Adesanya and became the MW champ.
The same thing happened with Hill in UFC 300, he got slept after a few minutes by Pereira and everybody acted like he was a bum and not on champ's level.
But is Hill a bum, or Pereira is just that good?
2148568365.jpg

1406451680.0.jpg
Listen man, Hill would lose/be the underdog vs:

Jiri
Rakic
Polish Power
Ankalev
Corey Beasting 25/8
and probably lose to Khalil Roundtree…

and others i cant think of now….
1713367027809.gif

Hill vs Erik Anders as co-main at the next free UFC Apex event…

I also feel Hill is for sure legit, but with pro sports fans' short attention spans, you likely won't hear many folks share the sentiment.

I don’t think either Sean or Jamahal ever get that belt again. Doesn’t make them bad fighters at all.

Not a bum at all. Very dangerous fighter. Good win for Pereira.

Back