Media Remember when Dan Severn was ready to whoop a bunch of wrasslers?

Love Dan,

But didn't they have Kurt Angle too? Pretty sure he could wrestle the shit out much anyone at the time.

Yup...

I would have loved to have seen Puder’s face when he’d be discussing it in the back...

“So you’re going to come in and get beat up by Guerrero and Benoit for a whole minute. Then when Holly comes out you’re going to be beaten up by him for another minute. Then you are going to get thrown out. You are not allowed to get any offense in during those whole two minutes. Do you think you can do that?”
I dont follow wrestling, so I have no idea. But most of the comments I saw was that wasn't exactly the plan. He was going to get beat up, sure. But not quite like that. They really let him have it.

I've gone down a real rabbit hole...woof.

These guys can really uh..throw. Yikes.

Well if they wanted to kill rating they could send Ken out there so they could circle each other for 35 minutes.

Perhaps, though of course Ken schooled Dan in just a couple of minutes during their first fight!

They did wrestle against each other a couple of times in WWF, and there was some kind of angle where Dan was training Owen Hart (RIP) for his match against Ken. All that stuff was fun for what it was.

Theres probably something in their contracts that should very much deter them from ever pulling some shit like that

Oh, for sure. But I think it's a risk/reward type of thing for Vince. Like, yeah, he has the law on his side when it comes down to it, but (especially at that time before the business was completely and totally exposed) he really wouldn't want his top stars getting wrecked in a shoot on live television.

The Montreal Screwjob needed to be carefully crafted for that exact reason. They loosely thought about having Shawn Michaels tightening up on a small package or holding Bret's shoulders down, but the prevailing thought was that if he did that, Bret would beat the absolute fuck out of him lol.

Back