Remember when this happened....?

I know enough that he probably wouldn't have survived without the help of "USADA unAPPROVED" supplements.
He was constantly drunk or on drugs lol. Except for some of his last fights I believe.

I know enough that he probably wouldn't have survived without the help of "USADA unAPPROVED" supplements.
There are hilarious stories of his drunken/drug induced rampages outside the ring

doesn't really make sense. Fedor gets extra points for hanging in there with a shitty LHW? while Wand loses points because he got knocked out by a guy who was actually ranked?

No, Fedor gets extra points because he beat better fighters while in his prime, and didn't start losing until he was facing people considerably younger than him. And even at that, Wanderlei's approach to fighting Leben was just borderline suicidal. There was nothing that suggested to me a deficiency in fight IQ with Fedor's fight against Maldonado. Especially not to the degree of Wanderlei against Leben.

No, Fedor gets extra points because he beat better fighters while in his prime, and didn't start losing until he was facing people considerably younger than him. And even at that, Wanderlei's approach to fighting Leben was just borderline suicidal. There was nothing that suggested to me a deficiency in fight IQ with Fedor's fight against Maldonado. Especially not to the degree of Wanderlei against Leben.

so really, it has nothing to do with his loss to Chris Leben, you just think Wanderlei sucks in general in comparison to Fedor.

he attacked Leben because he thought he hurt him. you also need to take into account this is the same guy that ran straight into PRIME MIRKO nearly the same way. he did the same to Dan Henderson, etc.,

that's just how he fights, forces brawls and hopes he connects before the other dude does.

ODshQJUKKH9HG.gif
Fedor won that fight and Fabio is more skilled at striking than Leben. Way to try to shit on a legend like Fedor who gave his blood, sweat and tears to this sport.

Fedora won that fight and Fabio is more skilled at striking than Leben. Way to try to shit on a legend like Fedor who gave his blood, sweat and tears to this sport.

Maldonado is more skilled than Leben, but that has nothing to do with it. the fact is if Fabio hit as hard as Leben does, Fedor would've been flatlined.

i'm not shitting on Fedor, i'm simply explaining, even the BEST IN THE WORLD get smashed sometimes. and to say Fedor "won" that fight, more like survived and got gifted the decision. i already said, Fedor is the greatest HW of all time in my opinion, but the FACTS ARE FACTS, and he got completely thrashed by an unranked LHW.

so really, it has nothing to do with his loss to Chris Leben, you just think Wanderlei sucks in general in comparison to Fedor.

he attacked Leben because he thought he hurt him. you also need to take into account this is the same guy that ran straight into PRIME MIRKO nearly the same way. he did the same to Dan Henderson, etc.,

that's just how he fights, forces brawls and hopes he connects before the other dude does.

Which, like I said, is a testament to his fight IQ, because that is a horrible strategy against Leben-- the worst in fact.

Which, like I said, is a testament to his fight IQ, because that is a horrible strategy against Leben-- the worst in fact.
dude, Wand never had fight IQ or strategy. Period.

Nah, your point is that he had a bad strategy/gameplan in this fight.

Im tellin´ u something completely different

No, don't tell me my point. My point is that Wanderlei's fight IQ is what got him finished in that fight. No other great has shown that degree of ineptitude when it comes to fight IQ, and against an opponent that is as easy to figure out as Leben.

No, don't tell me my point. My point is that Wanderlei's fight IQ is what got him finished in that fight. No other great has shown that degree of ineptitude when it comes to fight IQ, and against an opponent that is as easy to figure out as Leben.

Yes... You cant Phone booth brawl with Chris Leben...

Bisping and Stann had already shown how to beat Leben...

Wand did the opposite. i dont care if its his style... you cant do it with leben

Leben had a lot of power and Wandy just didn’t respect it. Fight IQ is a bitch.

sleeping snake.gif

the thing is, Wand ALWAYS fought that way, and when you win WAY MORE than you lose fighting that way, what's the saying? if it ain't broke don't fix it?

i don't see what's so terrible about his fight IQ, he did what he always did.

now, Werdum running straight into a fresh Stipe is terrible fight IQ, Fedor jumping back into Werdum's guard after nearly being triangled seconds ago is terrible fight IQ, Overeem standing in the pocket with a fresh Ngannou is terrible fight IQ, Cain trying to box JDS is terrible fight IQ.

but Wand doing what he always does takes the cake for you? i don't know, i tihink NOT changing his fighting style isn't terrible fight IQ, i think he just rolled the dice and crapped out, that's all. it happens in sports.

what those other guys did, was clearly a bad move because they did something THEY USUALLY DON'T, and they lost. i don't think a guy fighting his fight and losing at it, is bad fight IQ.

Wand was fun to watch but you have to question his all time great status. All time greats should never get destroyed in seconds and look like an amateur, especially to someone on Lebens level.

I agree. That’s why I can’t ever put shogun in to the “goat” or “atg” conversation

Back